Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe
Followers 0

^ that's why it's such a popular series. No wishy-washy "good always wins" endings to be found here.

I actualy like that but not every Stark should die ffs :lol: They are droppig like flies...

Movies with not happy endings like Shutter island, no country for old men or usual suspects are brilliant. Inception to some extent, depending how you see the ending.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EPIC STATS

I think Cersei will choose The Mountain (scariest warrior in Westeros) to fight for her. Tyrion won't risk Jamie, because he isn't able to fight so good, and if The Mountian will fight I'm sure Oberyn

Posted Images

I actualy like that but not every Stark should die ffs :lol: They are droppig like flies...

Movies with not happy endings like Shutter island, no country for old men or usual suspects are brilliant. Inception to some extent, depending how you see the ending.

It'll come to a satisfying conclusion, GRRM confirms that with his writing style ("closure" must be his other middle name), but we can't say whether it'll be good or evil that prevails. :lol: That being said, if he pops his clogs there won't be much closure at all!

Just started reading the series. Anout halfway through book 1, good stuff.

I'm not usually one to jump on the "THE BOOKS ARE BETTER!!!!!" bandwagon, but in this instance, they are. Obviously the TV show is a TV show, it can't possibly adapt everything. But the book offers so many different perspectives through the way it is narrated by point-of-view chapters, and there are so many storylines that the show skips over or merge together that are properly fleshed out. You'll enjoy it.

• Like 1

I'm not usually one to jump on the "THE BOOKS ARE BETTER!!!!!" bandwagon, but in this instance, they are. Obviously the TV show is a TV show, it can't possibly adapt everything. But the book offers so many different perspectives through the way it is narrated by point-of-view chapters, and there are so many storylines that the show skips over or merge together that are properly fleshed out. You'll enjoy it.

Yea, even just halfway through book 1 I've noticed things that they didn't really go into to much depth on the show. I like how each chapter is from a different perspective. So far so good.
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Rory McCann, AKA Sandor "The Hound" Clegane spotted on set.

CLEGANEBOWL HYPE

And there was me thinking that it was safe to enter this thread now that we TV show viewers had caught up with you spoiler flinging book readers!!

And there was me thinking that it was safe to enter this thread now that we TV show viewers had caught up with you spoiler flinging book readers!!

The TV show HAS overtaken the books now... there is a fan theory about Ser Robert Strong you might want to look into. It isn't a major spoiler. It's quite clear from the Season 5 finale that Cersei is awaiting a trial (and we know a Lannister loves a good trial by combat), so it won't be spoiling much for you to look into it. As I say, "Cleganebowl" is a fan theory. In the books it makes it out as if the Hound is dead, so this would be a real nice surprise.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Fernando said:

Looks like Jon Snow is back as most predicted.

Not a surprising thing to many

He's the true Azor Ahai m8, he's gonna save the world

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a decent stream already? NOt that I am endorsing copyright infringement here, just out of interest...

I know where there wll be plenty of quality streams tomorrow but I would love to watch one before I got to work tomorrow so I got that nice feeling of havng the power to spoiler my co-workers^^

The scene where Sansa and Mr. Cockless cross the river spoiled the series for me. How can you survive in freezing cold crossing a river in full clothing? They weren't even trembling. Not plausible. Dragons and zombies however, this I can believe.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

The scene where Sansa and Mr. Cockless cross the river spoiled the series for me. How can you survive in freezing cold crossing a river in full clothing? They weren't even trembling. Not plausible. Dragons and zombies however, this I can believe.

starks resistant to cold, like danaerys is to heat

51 minutes ago, manpe said:

Is this true or are you joking?

i think its true to some extent , she still needs to take her clothes off and get by a fire asap. they should really have stripped and carried clothes above the water.

as for theon, he's so flayed and tortured, probably dosen't feel much. and his extremities (fingers and toes) , which would be the first to freeze, are all cut off, or partially at least

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

they should really have stripped and carried clothes above the water.

Exactly what I thought, but then I realized they were running for their lives and the hounds were right behind them. And considering how they are dressed, I don't think it's as quick as pulling a t-shirt over your head, especially for Sansa.

• Like 1