The Thread is Dark and Full of Spoilers: "Game of Thrones" discussion

manpe

did not mellisandre say "you know nothing" to jon in the book too?

Yes, at the end of the first Jon chapter in ADWD, but my point is that scene was horrific and only that phrase made it bearable, if that makes sense.

where is ghost?

3ae57d160d7d23daaeba22cfeedc4766.jpg

He's not there for that reason. And for the fact that some serious shit will be going down at Winterfell in episode 9, I imagine.

Well well well, not sure how I feel about that.

Marrying that dude just to keep a city happy.

No mention of Arya for a whole episode.. i wanna see her become a badass motherfucker now!

Much happier with that episode. Spoilers below.

• Loved Valyria. And the Stonemen of course. Loved the twist to have Jorah "infected". Are they merging his character with JonCon?
  • I know that, in the books, Valyria is essentially Mordor. Ruined by fire and ceaseless volcanic eruptions. But in a series with enough mythical elements, the whole dead/abandoned city aspect made it more realistic. I like the way that they make the impression of Valryia as hell on earth is really just a sailor's tale told to impress whores!
  • I liked the Sansa/Ramsey/Roose scene. Especially with Ramsey mocking her and making Theon serve her wine and saying he should give her away after killing "her brothers", only for Roose to turn around and say Fat Walda is pregnant. Maybe "kill the boy" (the episode title) is a reference to some bitter and twisted shit involving Ramsey and a knife further into the series?
  • The various "The North Remembers" and "You're not alone Lady Sansa" references indicates that some serious shit will be going down.
  • I know I've already mentioned it.. but STONEMEN!!! I thought they were going to end the episode with Tyrion drowning. Seriously if he dies, this show can go to hell.
  • Stannis looked like a boss marching out of Winterfell. Tormund and Jon exchange was excellent. Every now and again, Kit Harrington can actually act. Only once or twice a season though.
  • I didn't like Dany and Hizdahr's "marriage proposal" scene. Sure, let's let my dragons burn your mate to death and then get married. The dragon scene was a good demonstration of "power" considering Dany has actually no power over her "children". CGI was great, must admit.

I don't like how they're deviating from the books so much now.. I realise the story is too extensive to show it ALL on screen but it feels I'm looking at a different story.

Some of the changes are totally unnecessary