Swansea 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

blue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gifblue%20scalf.gif:yay: :yay: :yay::getin: :getin: :getin: :getin:

i thought i was the only one who dint want pep to have any connection with chelsea...

Haha, nah man, even though my name might be close to his, he doesn't belong in our beloved Chelsea. We have a legend already, and I believe, if given sufficient time and funds (£££), he can indeed mold this team into a world class team, competing with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona both in class and entertainment value! (I don't think Barcelona football is that attractive, but I like our current style with a lot of possession and a more direct style than Barca) ;)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some time, our problem is/will be consistency. We dont have first eleven, only player that is truly cemented in first 11 is Cech.

Hazard, Mata, Oscar cant play all the games, Terry either, Cole, Rambo need rest too. How? Why? Hazard was playing regular football for past three years, not missing single match and here, he needs rest every third/fourth match? I know im being harsh, sure players need rest, but for fuck sake, we have plenty of cover, and for example take a look at Iniesta, Rooney or Xabi Alonso; they play all the time. Maybe every month they might miss the cup game or something, but they always play league matches. Unless they are injured, thats diffrent case then. Our team has first eleven that either sucks (Torres), has problems with inconsistency (Cole, Luiz, Cech, Mikel,...) or needs rest every third game (Hazard, Mata, Oscar). This is some serious problem. Players need to play all the time, together and starting 11 should be always the same (unless there are injuries, bans, or less important games like cup games). Only by that you get consistency and leveling up your game.

With all this mixing and tired players, out of form players, etc... you cant expect to play well all games. With Falcao, at least we would get a player than can play every* game without need of being subbed.

*maybe rest on every two months.

Not good enough, this was a game we definitely should have won. None of the guys did well but Cole, Romeu and Torres were abysmal and should be dropped for the next game against Shakhtar. Di Matteo really needs to sort this out as soon as possible because if he doesn't our season is going to be over before Christmas.

Oh well, there's always a silver lining to everything and today it's City drawing at West Ham and Tottenham losing to Wigan at Three Point Lane. Fuck you AVB! :lol:

If there is one positive thing to take from today's game, it's the solid CB partnership of Cahill and Ivanovic. Both were no nonsense in their defending and did what was asked of them first and foremost as a defender as both made vital block and interceptions. If this solidity is anything to go by, then I hope we see more of this partnership in the future.

i was really hoping for a Marin start. we should have come off with 3 points sad story ...

is it me or does any here feel that Torres goes to ground very easily ? I think Hazard and Torres have to try and stand their ground on easy tackles or we wont get genuine calls in favor !

The defence bar Ashley is a positive to take from today. We really look flat without Mata. Moses is amazing but is somewhere in the middle between the "new" and the "old" Chelsea tactics, which makes it a bit difficult to fit him in just yet. I still think signing him was a brilliant idea, certainly better than forking out 40 million for Hulk.

Oh, and Cahill is just amazing at setpieces. He almost always creates something with his attacking the ball. An inspired signing as well.

80th minute. team is 1-0 up. not playing particularly well. not looking like getting a 2nd. and u want rdm to sub oscar for marin(who has not played for a moment this season). can u imagine the stick rdm would have got if we had conceded then.

Its not as if its barcelona!!! Marin has played pre season with us and remember oscar was always introduced as a sub initially whether we where winning or loosing. More over marin would have helped us push them further on the pitch. Marin is really underrated I don't know why?

Our best defense is our offence. As soon as Bertrand came on, we sat back and let them run the game. Marin should of came on instead of Bertrand, kept the pressure on them that little bit more.

MOTM would have to be Moses, thought we came central a bit too often though

although Cahill or Iva have a good looking partnership. No blistering runs up the field. Did their job well.

Why are all or goals completely avoidable? Really unlucky to concede that.

This type of result is so typical of the Chelsea team last year. We should have killed the game off. Can't help but feel with a great striker and focal point we would have had a couple more goals.

However I won't blame Torres too much. A point at Swansea isn't the worst. Decent resut. In this game we seemed tired and perhaps saving energy for the Shakhtar match.

RDM needs to use Marin and other squad players more and rest more of our first XI players more often.

Letting both Meireles and Essien go could cost us some valuable points this season. Lamps is injured now, Rami is one yellow card away from suspension, Romeu and Mikel don't work together because they offer nothing offensively, Obi will most likely skip the whole January (ACON)... Next year we'll have De Bruyne and Josh coming back, maybe even Chalobah can challenge but right now we lack numbers. I do not even want to imagine how would our double pivot look if, God forbid, Rami gets injured. :ph34r:

This type of result is so typical of the Chelsea team last year. We should have killed the game off. Can't help but feel with a great striker and fical point we would have had a couple more goals.

However I won't blame Torres too much. A point at Swansea isn't the worst. Decent resut. In this game we seemed tired and perhaps saving energy for the Shakhtar match.

RDM needs to use Marin and other squad players more and rest more of our first XI players more often.

Out of 10 EPL games this season, Torres has only really shown up in 2 games. Every other game, he's done nothing on the pitch. We need a clinical striker in January if we want to win the EPL this season. Torres is just shite & Sturridge doesnt fit the lone striker role at Chelsea, he'd do alot better on a team that uses 2 strikers up-front.