Swansea 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Moses was showing no signs of fatigue, he gave much more in the second half than Torres. Even if he wanted to take Moses off, Sturridge should never be the replacement. Could have brought on Marin, or Bertrand and moved Hazard to the right. The goal we conceded was a direct error from having Sturridge on the wing. His poor defending let the Swansea player in and created the chance.

Blaming the goal on Sturridge is extremely unfair to him. Hernandez is not really Sturridge's man. Sturridge is marking Hernandez when Hernandez starts to move to the centre, Hazard meets him and makes a very poor challenge which Hernandez easily slips. Then, Ramires picks him up. At this point, there are 5 Swansea players and 9 Chelsea players in the area and the ball still outside of the box and to the side. The play still should have been contained easily. Cole and Cahill are marking their men and Bertrand is roaming on the left side. Mikel ,Azpilicueta and Ivanovic all converge around one Swansea player who then kicks it back out to Hernandez who is unmarked while Ramires sort of just stands there..At this point, Hernandez is his man, and he let him get into a wide open area without tracking him. There were a bunch of small mistakes, and a big one by Ramires. (Besides, the two options you name are Marin and Hazard who are both poor defensive players as well.)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Understandable draw, considering after 210 mins hard fought with Scum Utd, and the weather didn't help as well.

Understandable subs too except Bertrand with Oscar, should've brought on Marin.

Once again Torres becomes the scapegoat *facepalm*. Give him a break, he simply did nothing wrong ffs. I can understand why it's Moses got subbed because he has just played 120mins and we needed someone upfront to win headers which Torres did very well in this aspect.

Stop overreacting guys, we can't win every match and Swansea away is always tough.

Torres did things wrong, should of slipped Hazard in before half time.. or at least shot... didn't pressure their defenders as much as he should have when they were in possession and kept running away from the ball every time Hazard and Oscar looked to slip him in...

Hazard needs to learn to stay on his feet...I believe he was the most fouled player in Europe for the last couple of seasons,but I guess referees in France were a tad bit lenient and felt obligated to protect him since he was one of the best talents in Ligue 1...he risks ruining his reputation and being tagged a diver for going down softly,especially because people know he is exceptionally strong for his size,as demonstrated by the way he wrestled the ball away from Rooney last week....

As for the match,at least we had a lot of positives to take away despite the loss last week...we need a little variety in our shape,this one-size-fits-all formation is easy to plan against,just changing personnel and slotting square pegs in round holes isn't enough...united look just as comfortable playing the diamond as they do with wide men...

And Di Matteo said: "Mentally and physically it has been very demanding, playing two games against Manchester United and also the extra time.

"But the players responded with a lot of commitment today and we nearly won."

Nearly won? We were extremely lucky even to score the one goal! I hope he is nice just to media because we need a strong man in this period.

Understandable draw, considering after 210 mins hard fought with Scum Utd, and the weather didn't help as well.

Once again Torres becomes the scapegoat *facepalm*. Give him a break, he simply did nothing wrong ffs. I can understand why it's Moses got subbed because he has just played 120mins and we needed someone upfront to win headers which Torres did very well in this aspect.

Stop overreacting guys, we can't win every match and Swansea away is always tough.

Yeah, he did nothing wrong but he did nothing right either. Dont you understand that the fans get frustrated when we play 11 vs 10 game after game after game. The lad simply dont contribute anything. Its in close games like todays game which a good striker can be the difference betwen a win and a draw.

Yeah, he did nothing wrong but he did nothing right either. Dont you understand that the fans get frustrated when we play 11 vs 10 game after game after game. The lad simply dont contribute anything. Its in close games like todays game which a good striker can be the difference betwen a win and a draw.

Just my toughts on him.. If you look at the top 10 goal scorers there is no Chelsea player, imagine what force we would be with a scoring striker..

I don't understand why you defend Torres at every opportunity. He did do something wrong, he did not get on the scoresheet once again and rarely looked close to scoring. That worries me when their 2 key defenders and key goalkeeper were out.

Nearly won? We were extremely lucky even to score the one goal! I hope he is nice just to media because we need a strong man in this period.

With the way the media are at the moment anything negative will be twisted beyond..no doubt we'll see the 'Crisis' headlines as it is.He admits we were

poor 'RDM admits team not good enough...everything falling apart' etc the usual dramtic headlines

The avatar above is probably the only place right now where Torres looks good...sorry couldn't resist... :clown:

Has any one else noticed that Hernandez has scored against us 3 matches in a row!!!! :ph34r:

True. We need managerial courage right now with a new team and a lot of changes. This is not a time for window dressing or being overly prudent. We need clear guidance and someone with a strong vision ....

RDM has his cool and thats awesome. But his in game tactics and explanation afterwards are a lil laughable, I am afraid.

He should just address the striker issue ...

We nearly won, since we were winning ultill 87 minute. The squad is thin and not on pair with both Manchester's team, we dont need a strong man in this period, we need a man to build another team, as simple as that.

I also really dont know how RDM will show he is a strong man, dropping Torres and using Sturridge is far from being a smart move. AVB and Scolari had the balls to make some rash decisions, but they end up looking like fools.