Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a miserable, woeful, poor, weak, rubbish performance. Very, very disappointed. So much quality in the team, and we play like that?

I don't know if Swansea deserved that late equalizer, but we definitely didn't deserve to win. Torres had the worst performance in the Chelsea shirt, needs to go in January. We're not going to win the league with such poor strikers.

Awful match. The reality is very simple: we won win this PL season, and the reason is even more simple: we dont have the best squad. Both Manchester teams have better squads, while I think our starting XI is perhaps on pair with City.

Against United in League Cup game, they had Hernandez, Nani, Wellbeck, Anderson and Giggs as their reserves, while we have Piazon, Marin, Moses and Romeu. I wont talk about quality, but United's players have a lot of experience, while our reserves are unproven guys in the high level or players for the "future", our team today looked really tired. We also dont have a very good striker like RVB, Tevez or even Dzeko.

We dont even have reserves CB, all we have is Terry, Luiz, Cahill and Ivanovic. Our squad lacks depth, but I understand that RDM is building a new team.

If we are keeping torres on then surely we put marin on in the wide positions... Then we take oscar off and put bertrand off. Thats just asking for trouble. As torres is up front, sturridge wants to be there, and our great midfield is pretty much gone. MOTM, probably have to be..............????

Oscar completely disappeared in the 2nd half. He stopped meeting Ramires and Mikel to get the ball and was playing right underneath Torres's ass until the last 10 minutes when we were more on the defensive until he was subbed off. It invited the pressure on the pivot and made us lethargic.

Kevin Friend was a quality ref today but what he did in the added time, that was beyond me. A blatant foul on Hazard, not given. Spent about two minutes giving two yellow cards to Swans players. Blew a whistle even though we had the ball and were going up front. Then we had to play a free kick again. And then he didn't even give us a chance to cross the ball from the free-kick.

Fair result. Hoping we would have been able to hang on.

Same problems we've been having all season really. Can't create enough opportunities and we rely on set pieces or a stroke of Mata or Hazard genius to score. It's not a good sign when our most dangerous offensive player is Gary Cahill. Our midfield was poor. Mikel was asked to play too forward in the first half and he's not good at that. Romeu just doesn't seem like he should be playing at this level right now. I thought Ramires coming on would change things, but Ramires was fairly lackluster himself and was even caught standing around on the goal. Our central midfield should be moving the ball, but it's so slow once it gets it and the attack just stops. Moses was very good, looked dangerous but seemed to play fairly centrally which I find confusing. Hazard had a mixed game. Was very dangerous but didn't defend at other times and gave up the ball a little too easily. Oscar had a couple of nice passes, but it was a day to forget for him. I think Swansea just took the ball off him 4 times and a lot of his passes were very poor. Torres was OK, created a couple of good chances. He'll get most of the blame, but he definitely does not deserve it today. Simply no service, no ball movement, static offense. Hopefully, Mata will be well rested for Shakhtar and we'll get to winning again.

Defending a one goal lead is always risky, we should of just kept on trying to play our game.

You can see some of the lads are a bit jaded from that Carling cup match on Wednesday, it was a very emotional and physical game (for obvious reasons).

As i said, you cant slate Torres for his first half performance because he did the basics, holding up the ball, passing it etc, but the second half he was nowhere to be seen, just a very average game.

Now from previous years we all know this November - January slump we go through, lets hope this is just a one off, the next few games are crucial.

i cant believe we are puttin it on rdm. the moses-sturridge sub was bad but he has always brought on bert if we have a one goal lead to see off the match. in the arsenal match no one complained wen we saw them off easily. today we dint deserve to win. we suck without mata because we have to make a clear chance, a bloody tap in for us to score. we cant convert a single 50-50 chance because of the great striker we have for us. we defended well for once and dint look shaky but WE NEED A STRIKER.

Quite simply RDM is a coward.

He has the in-game tactical genius of a dead fucking goat...

Torres should have been subbed, keep Moses on and play Danny up-front.

What's worse than dropping points is the effect this will have on the dressing room and player motivation.

No matter how shit Torres is he stays on the pitch - what kind of fucking message is that???

Also to the person complaining about lack of depth in our squad - we wouldn't have if we hadn't fucking loaned out everybody!!!

So pissed off right now - worst thing is, knew this was coming for ages - but just hoped it wouldn't happen...