Swansea 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Letting both Meireles and Essien go could cost us some valuable points this season. Lamps is injured now, Rami is one yellow card away from suspension, Romeu and Mikel don't work together because they offer nothing offensively, Obi will most likely skip the whole January (ACON)... Next year we'll have De Bruyne and Josh coming back, maybe even Chalobah can challenge but right now we lack numbers. I do not even want to imagine how would our double pivot look if, God forbid, Rami gets injured. :ph34r:

I'm guessing Oscar would be told to drop back into the double pivot if for some reason Rami does get injured...cause when Mikel and Romeu play together, there is no pivot, it's just 2 DM's playing together.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup but as European Champions we have to expect them to raise their game...

We just need a quality striker to make the opposition scared, Drogba did that.

I know we are in transition, have said it myself so many times - but that game was there for the taking...

So frustrating, we could rue those dropped points come the end of the season...

Wish DeBruyne / Essien / Lukaku weren't out on loan.

Still think Marin would have been a great sub, keep the opposition defending instead of attacking...

Plus he can sore goals - he scored a few in pre -season.

Also agree with Hansen on MOTD, Ivanovic shoud start at CB with Terry and Azpi right back, Bertrand LB.

Cole is shit since contract negotiations broke down, shouldn't play him again until sorted...

I agree with those saying that we are in a transition stage and not expect us to be title contenders.... but we played Swansea, we should have beat them. yes long term, a top 4 finish is realistic, but short term against swansea, that should have been a win. how cna you expect to be in the top 4 when you can't bag 3 points that should have been yours.

as ive already said though, im totally happy with the excuse we were tired, but ultimately the majority of the fault lcomes down to the choices of RDM. its the first match in a while that HE has got it wrong.

on the ivanovic topic: i thought Ivanovic was superb at CB. i voted him MoTM. the one moment i cna think off now that our regular CB have been failing to do is to cover the cut back. i cant remember who it was, but early in the game swansea attacked, got to the by line, then attmepted to pass it in to the penalty spot. our CB have been failing to cut that out, we saw shakthar do it, and man utd as well as others. our defenders just seem to carry on running in to the goal, ivanovic stopped is run and pulled back to cut out the pass. superbly read and great awareness.

Cole isnt that bad IMO. he had a bad first half. but its the first and longest period of time ive seen him have 'a bad game; this season. But I dont see why Bertrand can't be rotated for him. or subbed for a direct swap with him. It would make perfect sense to rotate them.

@Muzchap i totally agree with you on the using Marin as a sub. In pre season he added a little extra. he's capable of cutting in and feeding hte ball to someone. and he's not afriad to shoot either which is what we had a real problem with today. just fuckin' hit it!

My prediction is that next season is going to be huge for Lukaku. he's so young yet looks so good. of course, due to his lack of experience he makes more mistakes than others (accept torres), but hes more quality than shite. I think Lukaku will be our next big thing in a few years time. however if we end up buying a massive striker like Falcao, i can see us losing Lukaku. He isnt one to hide his feelings, and he clearly gets frustrated when he isn't playing. same with Sturridge, and at this rate, i think we will be saying goodbye to him in january (which could possibly lead to us getting Lukaku back...) and if not january, his contract expires in the summer and it doesnt look like its going to be renewed. really hope he signs a new contract before january.

The problem we have here is depth. Prior to the season, i thought we had the best squad in the league until Debryune, Essien, Mchearan and Lukaku were loaned out. The squad now look thin and we are forced to play at least two of our three play-makers in every game. We also have to feature Torres all the time. Remember we are playing two game per week and if you factor in travelling to away games, it is obvious that key players are getting tired. If possible, we need to recall some the on-loan players in January.

Look on the bright side though, the shitter Torres plays the more likely we will bring in a striker in January.

I must say though, it's pathetic how bad Torres has done, all that assistance he's had, and he's just blew it. Hasn't he scored like 4 goals lmao?, fucking shocking, he is finished no excuses now.

Fair result.Swansea deserved the point and their fans should be happy with the performance.As for us,well robbie simply needs to drop Torres and play Danny instead.Its time we have that kind of a change and take advantage of the service offered.

As much as this was a disappointing result, all is not lost in the league yet. We are only 1 point behind United though it has to be said that their next 5 league games are way easier than ours and Man City.

Man United's next 5 PL games:

Aston Villa(A)

Norwich(A)

QPR(H)

West Ham(H)

Reading(A)

Chelsea's next 5 PL games:

Liverpool(H)

West Brom(A)

Man City(H)

Fulham(H)

West Ham(A)

Man City's next 5 PL games:

Tottenham(H)

Aston Villa(H)

Chelse(A)

Wigan(A)

Everton(H)

Who played worst this weekend us or Spurs, wouldn't know both were fucking terrible tbh.

Spurs I would imagine judging by the fans' reaction towards AVB at White Hart Lane. They face Man City and Arsenal in their next two league games and both are away from home.

As much as this was a disappointing result, all is not lost in the league yet. We are only 1 point behind United though it has to be said that their next 5 league games are way easier than ours and Man City.

Man United's next 5 PL games:

Aston Villa(A)

Norwich(A)

QPR(H)

West Ham(H)

Reading(A)

Chelsea's next 5 PL games:

Liverpool(H)

West Brom(A)

Man City(H)

Fulham(H)

West Ham(A)

Man City's next 5 PL games:

Tottenham(H)

Aston Villa(H)

Chelse(A)

Wigan(A)

Everton(H)

United's next 5 games are fairly easy when you consider Fergie has 4 quality forwards at his disposal.

I'm expecting to see a 4-5 point gap between United and Chelsea after the next 5 games.