Peppi85
Followers 3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow... Teams are ready to splash 15m for a kid that has never played professional football and yet we manage to give him 0% chances ? What the hell ? And the worst thing is that next year we will buy

It's a shame. We're talking about a group of players who aren't just rated by biased Chelsea fans this time, but players rated highly across Europe. Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, that's the spin

I watched the entire match because football just isn't Mikel/Matic in the middle he was unreal which is staggering considering this was his professional debut. He started out at the right wing and alt

Posted Images

I'm so sure he'll make it here, he's too good to not make it.

I saw him playing against my little cousin in a U15 game (Anderlecht v Brussels), he was by far the best player on the pitch and some of them are playing in big clubs now (Nabil Jaadi for example, he joined Udinese,...), he was younger than them but nobody could take the ball out of him.

• Like 2

It's crazy how many fantastic players multicultural cities like Antwerp, Brussels and Liege have given us in the past 10 years. We used to have a national team with 3 or 4 good technical players and a bunch of lumberjacks to fill the ranks...

• Like 4

Chelsea Under 21 star Charly Musonda part of talented footballing family and dreams of making it in Premier League

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2630197/Chelsea-Under-21-star-Charly-Musonda-one-three-Belgian-brothers-Zambian-heritage.html#ixzz31tZuCVTY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How come Belgium are producing so many great young players? Surely the English Fa can learn a thing or two from them.

It starts from the grass roots level. If there's one thing that I've noticed during my time here in the UK it's that the coaching levels in general are quite poor/average compared to other countries.
  • Like 2

How come Belgium are producing so many great young players? Surely the English Fa can learn a thing or two from them.

English teams seem to try and get every talented youngster abroad, but in the process forget to form their own... How many good, English 17-20 year olds are playing in the PL right now?

Anderlecht alone is playing with three Belgians of no more than 20 in the first team. 15 years ago, they'd have to be Kompany-level or they'd be in the stands for three years until they finally got a chance.

We used to ignore our own youth, making them play defensively as kids, going for the win in stead of learning. We were getting cheap foreigners from Africa and Eastern Europe, while Holland and France were creating talent after talent in their respective academies. Suddenly we weren't able to compete with the richer teams anymore and changed the whole system to survive on the talent and worth of our young players.

This is a very good article explaining it all (by an Englishman I think: http://grantland.com/features/world-cup-2014-belgian-national-team-vincent-kompany-eden-hazard-marouane-fellaini/ ).

• Like 4

There's a lot of immigrants in the UK as well. And it's not until relatively recently that the've really been showing up in our top teams... :)

Just look at the German, Dutch and French teams for example. In Germany in particular, it's only recently as well. In England however, we always fuck shit up, so it's no surprise.

Just look at the German, Dutch and French teams for example. In Germany in particular, it's only recently as well. In England however, we always fuck shit up, so it's no surprise.

Hehe, that was kinda my point. :P

On the other hand, there are still racist assholes in Belgium complaining about how there are no "real Belgians" in the team anymore. The ironic thing is that completely bilingual, smart young people from Brussels like for example Vincent Kompany, might be the last true Belgians left... ;-)

• Like 2

Hehe, that was kinda my point. :P

On the other hand, there are still racist assholes in Belgium complaining about how there are no "real Belgians" in the team anymore. The ironic thing is that completely bilingual, smart young people from Brussels like for example Vincent Kompany, might be the last true Belgians left... ;-)

I'm sure it's mostly among the older generation. You hear that quite a bit from some of them. <_<

Btw, you had players like both Ferdinands, both Coles, Campbell, etc in your national teams... The first African player in the Belgian Squad was Emile Mpenza if I'm correct. That was in '98 or so.

Yeah, and even going back to John Barnes.

this boy vs barca lee seung woo will be cr7 vs messi all over again. as long as our management not fucked this up. they better be!

this boy vs barca lee seung woo will be cr7 vs messi all over again. as long as our management not fucked this up. they better be!

He is a personal favourite of mine. We wanted to poach him from them, but he signed a professional contract. I rate him higher than Matsour (at least from what I've seen on videos)