Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

Chelsea veteran Gus Poyet will manage Musonda next season: http://realbetisbalompie.es/es/noticias/actualidad/6883/gustavo-poyet-entrenador-del-real-betis-para-las-d 

I think i remember he tends to favor possesion based football (4-3-3). Hope he takes Musonda to the next level next year, it also helps they both speak english!

3 hours ago, Shakez said:

Chelsea veteran Gus Poyet will manage Musonda next season: http://realbetisbalompie.es/es/noticias/actualidad/6883/gustavo-poyet-entrenador-del-real-betis-para-las-d 

I think i remember he tends to favor possesion based football (4-3-3). Hope he takes Musonda to the next level next year, it also helps they both speak english!

Charly's Spanish is at least as good as his English. Assuming Charly is still there, they'll communicate in Gus's native tongue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping he ups his game to another level next year at Betis. The kid has an incredible work-ethic wich impresses me alot: 

It is off-season for him but he still reguraly posts stuff of him hitting the gym on snapchat and instagram. Pains me to see players like Willian, Hazard, and Costa turn up fat whenever they return from off-season. 

Btw, do you guy's think he will join the first-team in pre-season? Or will he go straight back too Betis?

Hoping he ups his game to another level next year at Betis. The kid has an incredible work-ethic wich impresses me alot: 

It is off-season for him but he still reguraly posts stuff of him hitting the gym on snapchat and instagram. Pains me to see players like Willian, Hazard, and Costa turn up fat whenever they return from off-season. 

Btw, do you guy's think he will join the first-team in pre-season? Or will he go straight back too Betis?

Back to Betis, if he's staying there.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully he has a big season and takes La Liga by storm. Time to start integrating these talented youths into the squad. Either as squad players or hopefully the first XI (as would hopefully be the case in Charly's situation). 

Hopefully he has a big season and takes La Liga by storm. Time to start integrating these talented youths into the squad. Either as squad players or hopefully the first XI (as would hopefully be the case in Charly's situation). 

High hopes for C.Musonda and Boga. Just wish Conte will still be around then lol.

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Betis should be fun to watch next season too. I've watched some of their preseason games, and Poyet seems to favor young technical players (sold players like N'Diaye), and plays a possession based style (4-3-3). They're aiming big this year (european spots), and they brought in alot of new players (no big competition for Musonda though). Musonda will probably play as their main left-winger. Everything is stacked in his favour to develop next season, if he can add some more end-product to his game he should be ready to fight for a place in our squad next year!

7 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

High hopes for C.Musonda and Boga. Just wish Conte will still be around then lol.

he will be, look what emonolo said:

Antonio Conte needs time to make mark on Chelsea - Michael Emenalo

http://www.espnfc.us/chelsea/story/2914113/antonio-conte-needs-time-to-make-mark-on-chelsea-michael-emenalo

With Boga at Granada and Charly at Real Betis (in Seville), I might spend 3 months on the Costa del Sol pinging back and forth between games of theirs. The 2 cities has only Malaga between them. It'd be a good memory, especially if one or both actually go on to make it as household names.

Honestly would have kept this lad back and used him in the squad or first team sporadically. A loan spell is great n all, but he is by far one of the best technical players we have at the club. 

Too much competition currently on the wings for him here. Betis are basically worshipping him. Starts every game, takes free kicks, pens if he wants em, got #7 shirt. He's in a good situation to develop.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing for Betis vs Barcelona later (at Barcelona I think) so should be interesting to see how he performs. Looking forward to following his progress this season; really hoping for big things from him so he can return with Christensen next season and secure a starting place in the team.