Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85
Followers 3

On 27/05/2017 at 10:41 AM, Thor said:

Anyone know what is going on with Charly? Everyone is saying to upgrade the winger position coming into next season, but how about giving Charly a run to possibly give Pedro and Willian some competition? 

Might just be me, but the kid has pace, technique, is a two footed player and is quite direct in his play. Deserves a shot IMO. He is quite weak, but something that can be worked on. 

I'm with you maybe 60% of the way. My view is that Charly should be looked at on tour, but I base that only on an appreciation of his talent. I do not believe he has yet shown enough to support the idea that he deserves a shot here.

Talent is the most important attribute for sure, but it doesn't amount to much unless used well and Charly did not do that at Betis. I know there were a lot of hysterical reactions to a few good moments, in a few games, but more sober judgements were bound to prevail in the end. Charly's contributions in La Liga were not good enough. Losing his place in the side was an inevitability, but that's not the end of the world for a talented young footballer. I'm sure Charly was disappointed at not regaining a starting place either at the end of his first loan spell, or during the second, but if that experience has taught him that a few flashy bits and pieces won't get the job done, then that could benefit him in the long run.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow... Teams are ready to splash 15m for a kid that has never played professional football and yet we manage to give him 0% chances ? What the hell ? And the worst thing is that next year we will buy

It's a shame. We're talking about a group of players who aren't just rated by biased Chelsea fans this time, but players rated highly across Europe. Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, that's the spin

I watched the entire match because football just isn't Mikel/Matic in the middle he was unreal which is staggering considering this was his professional debut. He started out at the right wing and alt

Posted Images

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4658004/amp/Celtic-s-Brendan-Rodgers-close-deal-Charly-Musonda.html

Charly linked to Celtic fs Charly should be loaned out to better league fs my pub football team would beat half off  the Scottish teams awful league to develop your talent 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, the wes said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4658004/amp/Celtic-s-Brendan-Rodgers-close-deal-Charly-Musonda.html

Charly linked to Celtic fs Charly should be loaned out to better league fs my pub football team would beat half off  the Scottish teams awful league to develop your talent 

Might get even worse m8 ....paper talk a £5 mill sell . 

Wonderkid Charly Musonda next Chelsea prospect to head for the exit?https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2017/7/2/15908126/charly-musonda-chelsea-celtic-5m-exit-transfer-rumor

2 hours ago, Leif said:

If we sell him I go from loving the club to being a casual fan.

Supporters like you make me lol try supporting chelsea in the 80's and early 90's when we were shit that's what u call a real supporters not a supporter who says he will turn into casual fan if we sell Musonda 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, LAM09 said:

You have to wonder why so many promising youngsters haven't made it here.

Lets be honest mate most of them are not good enough 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Chelsea youth policy is a good business policy, but a horrible football policy. 

I guess you could say that, but it seems like most players that are bought/come out of the academy just aren't good enough to be thrown in.

Musonda's time in Spain wasn't exactly a massive success for a few reasons, so what were the chances Conte would use him. 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Lets be honest mate most of them are not good enough 

My thoughts exactly with the few exceptions being hyped up for no real reason. The loan set up right now seems to auditions for other clubs rather than Conte (and managers gone).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I guess you could say that, but it seems like most players that are bought/come out of the academy just aren't good enough to be thrown in.

Musonda's time in Spain wasn't exactly a massive success for a few reasons, so what were the chances Conte would use him. 

My thoughts exactly with the few exceptions being hyped up for no real reason. The loan set up right now seems to auditions for other clubs rather than Conte (and managers gone).

Loan system seem to be money making thing for chelsea atm

Read that link chelsea have made £100m from players who made zero appearances for the club or a few appearances for the club

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/823735/Chelsea-transfers-flops-100m-Romelu-Lukaku-sportgalleries

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, the wes said:

Loan system seem to be money making thing for chelsea atm

Read that link chelsea have made £100m from players who made zero appearances for the club or a few appearances for the club

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/823735/Chelsea-transfers-flops-100m-Romelu-Lukaku-sportgalleries

That's very disappointing in all fairness. More of a business than anything else in that regard.

Only player we've bought young and has become a starter (in recent times) is Thibo. 

• Like 1

Musonda has all the ability in the World to become as good as Neymar, Ronaldo ect. It's his physical stature that really lets him down. He is built like a toothpick, with no signs of beefing up.

It is a joke. He's more talented than players currently going for 35m+

He's a showman. A top 5 dribbler in Europe (just a couple Spanish players are better, I'd put top 3 but i'm not that ballsy). He has the vision which only Iniesta was renowned for. We've had the mega talented Boga, and Musonda's made him look like a schoolboy in comparison. He'd truly slice teams open again and again if he was just thrown straight into our XI. He has no defending bones in his body, but you don't need to when he creates so much. A good player to liken him to would be David Silva in that regard.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

It is a joke. He's more talented than players currently going for 35m+

He's a showman. A top 5 dribbler in Europe (just a couple Spanish players are better, I'd put top 3 but i'm not that ballsy). He has the vision which only Iniesta was renowned for. We've had the mega talented Boga, and Musonda's made him look like a schoolboy in comparison. He'd truly slice teams open again and again if he was just thrown straight into our XI. He has no defending bones in his body, but you don't need to when he creates so much. A good player to liken him to would be David Silva in that regard.

All this and only Celtic is interested in signing him. For someone who is constantly slating Rudiger you sure do like the taste of this guy's dick.

21 minutes ago, the wes said:

Good. If Charly really wants to go on tour then I'm glad.

In my opinion Charly showed nothing at Betis which suggests that he'll contribute for Chelsea but there's talent there so I want to see him get some tour minutes. If things fall into place, that's a big win for Charly and for the club. If not, little has been lost. Yes, he may have missed the chance to play a Champions League qualifier, but preferring to go on tour with The Blues makes perfect sense to me.