Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

On 06/03/2016 at 6:39 PM, TQB said:

Please stop the stupid responses without any substance or arguments, while I wasn't even quoting your original post.

Out of all the football players in the world there are only a select few that get to play on a professional level. I don't believe it's so far fetched that those players would pass on their natural given abilities to their children, so they have a higher chance of having children that go on to be professional athletes (football or other) themselves.

You are stupid.

On 06/03/2016 at 7:00 PM, TQB said:

I'm sure you did an extensive study on these percentages, but Dr. Alun Williams, Director of the Manchester Metropolitan University’s Cheshire Sports Genomics Laboratory happens to disagree with you.

According to him scientific evidence suggests that athletic ability is dependent on both genetic and environmental factors.

“The genetic component appears to be around 50-70%, depending on what aspect of ability one is thinking about. Even a very favourable set of genes will not automatically make someone a good athlete, let alone a champion,” he said. “But certainly, if someone has a very unfavourable set of genes, in many sports no amount of training and diet will make them a champion.”

Anyway I suggest we close this topic and get back to the Charly Musonda discussion.

argument from authority that lacks substance, the discussion about biologic factors and sports is a huge one, and I could quote many "authorities" that disagree with Dr. Alun Williams, Director of the Manchester Metropolitan University’s Cheshire Sports Genomics Laboratory, but I'm too bored now to have this kind of discussion in 2016.

Charly told a newspaper he wouldn't mind  another season in spain, he loves la liga.

He also said that when the time comes he will choose his national team saying he can choose between Zambia, Belgium and England. And it will be his choice (his father told earlier this week he probably choose Belgium)

What a farce, this little guy has basically taken Spanish league by storm, but he can't make the senior squad ahead of Origi, the supposed wonder kid that featured in Ligue 1's worst team of the season. I would not be surprised if that clown in charge of Belgium's NT starts Benteke ahead of Lukaku in France. 

45 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

What a farce, this little guy has basically taken Spanish league by storm, but he can't make the senior squad ahead of Origi, the supposed wonder kid that featured in Ligue 1's worst team of the season. I would not be surprised if that clown in charge of Belgium's NT starts Benteke ahead of Lukaku in France. 

My ratings for Charly's games with Betis so far are; OK given that it was a debut, decent, good, outstanding, decent, quiet, very quiet. I don't think we should get carried away about what Charly has achieved, or encourage any complacent thoughts to creep into his head. His time will come for the Red Devil's I'm sure.

If I shared your nationality perhaps I'd see it differently but, speaking purely from a Chelsea point of view, I'm quite content with his U21 call up. I know Wilmots was in the ground when Charly produced that outstanding performance but he must have seen coverage of the others too and it looks to me like he's taken a balanced decision.

3 hours ago, It's too big said:

This [Oscar's lack of quality] is why musonda should be in this team. After his loan bring him back. Musonda can play in no.10, right? 

That's an interesting question.

Charly has started every game since he's been at Betis; one wide right and seven wide left. The problem is that Los Beticos are not that good a side. Stationed out wide, there have been long passages where Charly has been starved of the ball, passages when Betis simply haven't been able to set him up with good possession in good areas. As a result, in several games their manager has shifted Charly to the centre in an effort to get him more involved in the action. This, for example, is exactly what happened at half time last night against Malaga. Here's the thing however, that switch hasn't always worked.

Speaking just from memory, many of Charly's most impressive moments for Betis have come when he picked up possession in a wide area. There is no question that Charly is at his best when he has the chance to carry the ball but in the centre he has found himself relying more on his passing than his dribbling. That has, in my opinion, robbed him of something. Certainly against Malaga he gave the ball away a number of times and he found himself playing a few of those first touch pop it back to the defender passes that are necessary but are not what we want to see from Charly.

Two of the three best displays I've seen from Charly were in the Modric position for our 21s, and one from the left for Betis. As I type this however, I don't remember seeing an outstanding display from him when he started in the ten.