Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

2 hours ago, TQB said:

Definitely also genetics. The fathers of Lukaku, Musonda and Origi were all professional football players that came to play in Belgium. 

Please stop the stupid comments. I regreet making the first question. Nevermind.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Please stop the stupid comments. I regreet making the first question. Nevermind.

Agreed. It has as much to do with genetics as political figures that are family of other political figures.

Those are the main reasons why you see that many footballers are sons of other professional footballers.

1. Their fathers know everybody in the world of football (45%)

2. Money (27%)

3. Their fathers give them the right tips starting at a very young age (16%)

4. They start extremely early (9%)

5. Genetics (3%)

My biggest gripe with the coverage of football is pundits and commentators who don't do their homework. They have such a fun job, just put a little bit of effort in lads. Shortly after kick-off in today's game the co-commentator was having a moan up about Betis, listing a couple of players who might help them but saying that apart from those two Betis had no creativity in their side. The two names did not include Charly which shows that he can't even have watched Betisi's last game and that is surely the least he should do. Anyway, by the 35th minute he was able to say, "If Betis can get the ball to Musonda as often as possible they'll do a lot better in this game."

Obviously Charlie has shown enough to open the commentator's eyes but actually Betis have not been able to set him up with good possession all that often. Consequently, despite being the most effective player so far, both he and his team have been fairly quiet in the game. That said, they enjoyed their best spell in the last 7 or 8 minutes of the half so maybe we'll see more in the second period.

1 hour ago, Gilvorak said:

He's actually a better defensive midfielder than Matic. Vargas was sent off so he was moved from RW to CM and Granada haven't created a single chance in the 2nd half. Hasn't been caught out of position once so far.

As I've posted previously, the two best performances I saw Charly put in for us were both in the Modric role. Thing is those two games were the only occasions he played there and they were18 months apart so no one at the club seems to have any interest in seeing Charly used in that way. I don't know if you would call that a DM position however.

Since joining Betis, Musonda has played 6 games. All of them Betis have been unbeaten, winning three and drawing three. They were big relegation candidates before he joined. Now they are around mid-table and look to be well clear of relegation danger. Has Musonda been a big part of that? Definitely so.

13 hours ago, Henrique said:

Please stop the stupid responses without any substance or arguments, while I wasn't even quoting your original post.

Out of all the football players in the world there are only a select few that get to play on a professional level. I don't believe it's so far fetched that those players would pass on their natural given abilities to their children, so they have a higher chance of having children that go on to be professional athletes (football or other) themselves.

10 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Agreed. It has as much to do with genetics as political figures that are family of other political figures.

Those are the main reasons why you see that many footballers are sons of other professional footballers.

1. Their fathers know everybody in the world of football (45%)

2. Money (27%)

3. Their fathers give them the right tips starting at a very young age (16%)

4. They start extremely early (9%)

5. Genetics (3%)

I'm sure you did an extensive study on these percentages, but Dr. Alun Williams, Director of the Manchester Metropolitan University’s Cheshire Sports Genomics Laboratory happens to disagree with you.

According to him scientific evidence suggests that athletic ability is dependent on both genetic and environmental factors.

“The genetic component appears to be around 50-70%, depending on what aspect of ability one is thinking about. Even a very favourable set of genes will not automatically make someone a good athlete, let alone a champion,” he said. “But certainly, if someone has a very unfavourable set of genes, in many sports no amount of training and diet will make them a champion.”

Anyway I suggest we close this topic and get back to the Charly Musonda discussion.

59 minutes ago, TQB said:

Please stop the stupid responses without any substance or arguments, while I wasn't even quoting your original post.

Out of all the football players in the world there are only a select few that get to play on a professional level. I don't believe it's so far fetched that those players would pass on their natural given abilities to their children, so they have a higher chance of having children that go on to be professional athletes (football or other) themselves.

That may or maybe not be true but it certainly doesn't apply in music try listening to a Julian Lennon or Ziggy Marley album !

53 minutes ago, TQB said:

I'm sure you did an extensive study on these percentages, but Dr. Alun Williams, Director of the Manchester Metropolitan University’s Cheshire Sports Genomics Laboratory happens to disagree with you.

According to him scientific evidence suggests that athletic ability is dependent on both genetic and environmental factors.

“The genetic component appears to be around 50-70%, depending on what aspect of ability one is thinking about. Even a very favourable set of genes will not automatically make someone a good athlete, let alone a champion,” he said. “But certainly, if someone has a very unfavourable set of genes, in many sports no amount of training and diet will make them a champion.”

Anyway I suggest we close this topic and get back to the Charly Musonda discussion.

Lol, sons of athletes have ofcourse 50 times the chance to make it as an athlete compared to the chance of a normal person with the same genes. If you deny this you are just plain stupid in my eyes. You don't need studies that don't have to do anything with the subject to know that, you just need common sense.

15 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Lol, sons of athletes have ofcourse 50 times the chance to make it as an athlete compared to the chance of a normal person with the same genes. If you deny this you are just plain stupid in my eyes. You don't need studies that don't have to do anything with the subject to know that, you just need common sense.

... and yes intelligence is also genetically determined.