Charly Musonda Jr.

Peppi85

Somebody translate what he says about Hazard. Come on Belgium posters, do something good for once :Goober:

So they are picking teams with the best players of the world for a Fussball game.

Musonda takes Eden in his team:

* "He's belgian, a great example for me and of course a massive player! When I return to chelsea it is my dream to play together with both the Hazard brothers (Eden & Thorgan). Eden has already been an example for me since he started playing at Lille. He has always been one of my favorite players. Nowadays I see him often. We go out to have dinner together and talk about football & life in general. I think it's a good thing to have your idol next to you to talk about the future."

So they are picking teams with the best players of the world for a Fussball game.

Musonda takes Eden in his team:

* "He's belgian, a great example for me and of course a massive player! When I return to chelsea it is my dream to play together with both the Hazard brothers (Eden & Thorgan). Eden has already been an example for me since he started playing at Lille. He has always been one of my favorite players. Nowadays I see him often. We go out to have dinner together and talk about football & life in general. I think it's a good thing to have your idol next to you to talk about the future."

Thank you. :tophat:

• 1 month later...

I don't read into it all. He is 16 years of age and there is no need to expose him to regular first team football at that age where he would face prospects of playing in CL. The Belgian league may be quite inferior but I am sure those rumours of him going on loan to Zulte next season is rubbish. Excellent potential, yes but why would they want a player in their team for next season who is still very young. Has hardly played with our reserves let alone U18.

Just would not make sense. I am 100% sure he will be around the U18/U21 next season where he can develop tactically, mentally and physically. Sending him out on loan to a team who could be in the UCL next season is just rushing his development. I am sure we will not consider loaning him out on any costs, especially the way we handle our top youth talents. We never loan them out till at least 18 years of age.

I don't read into it all. He is 16 years of age and there is no need to expose him to regular first team football at that age where he would face prospects of playing in CL. The Belgian league may be quite inferior but I am sure those rumours of him going on loan to Zulte next season is rubbish. Excellent potential, yes but why would they want a player in their team for next season who is still very young. Has hardly played with our reserves let alone U18.

Just would not make sense. I am 100% sure he will be around the U18/U21 next season where he can develop tactically, mentally and physically. Sending him out on loan to a team who could be in the UCL next season is just rushing his development. I am sure we will not consider loaning him out on any costs, especially the way we handle our top youth talents. We never loan them out till at least 18 years of age.

There seems to be some sort of process. They are good in the youth team --> Loan --> Do good on loan --> The team

Maybe they believe Musonda is just that good that he should prove on loan how good he is.

idk

The Belgian league is a very good place to play young talents. It gives a youngest a setting to play against men but they're not so tactically superior that he's going to be demoralized. He's not going to play every game and my guess is that he'll get a chance to get some game time and develop like most kids do. The problem with U18/U21 is that it doesn't expose you to what you will face and it can cause a player to think he's better than he is because he's able to best young players. I think it's what he needs a bit of a wake up call as to how hard professional soccer can be.

• 3 months later...

He's 17, and has been a starter in the u19's the month before his injury.

Think this was a please don't leave us move, first team football is still 5 years away for him.

I think he's one of the top talents we have in the academy. I think technically he's one of the best players I've seen at his age so it was only normal that we tie him down to a contract before other teams come snooping around. But I very much doubt that he'll be going on loan anywhere before at least two years.

I think he's one of the top talents we have in the academy. I think technically he's one of the best players I've seen at his age so it was only normal that we tie him down to a contract before other teams come snooping around. But I very much doubt that he'll be going on loan anywhere before at least two years.

Yeah the time for him to go on loan is, and that's always a big If, if/when he outperforms everyone in the U21.

If he really does have the talent ppl so talk about, he would be one of the better players in the U19 this year,

Next year coming in the U21 and then we'll see what he's really about.

How does he look physically these days? Still boyish, or muscled already?

We've been talking about his talent for years in Belgium, several coaches/scouts put him in the Hazard league...

Didn't often see him play though.

Lukaku was top scorer in the Belgian first division at his age, maybe he'll bloom a bit later...

How does he look physically these days? Still boyish, or muscled already?

We've been talking about his talent for years in Belgium, several coaches/scouts put him in the Hazard league...

Didn't often see him play though.

Lukaku was top scorer in the Belgian first division at his age, maybe he'll bloom a bit later...

I rather have him developed this way. That's also the reason he decided to join Chelsea, had he'd stayed at Anderlecht they would've already throw him into their first team (look at Lukaku/Tielemans). Though good for self-esteem, it hampers you're development also. Lukaku is a good example of where everything went a bit too quickly. There are serious holes in his play that are a direct result of him having to much responsibility too soon (Ballcontrol, First touch). Lukaku payed the price for this rush by sitting on the bench his entire first year at Chelsea, and 2 loan spells.

The father of Musonda saw that (also an ex-Anderlecht player) and chose that Musonda would develop with boy's his age. I do expect him to go on loan in 1-2 years though.