Jase

Man Of The Match  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do remember that this was Sturridge's first start all season. Don't be so ridiculous.

Exactly. You have to give players a run of games in order to see their quality. Sturridge had a couple of really stupid plays and a couple more chances he should have done better on, but he also did a lot of things right. His positioning was very good and he made some very good runs. He generally pressed their defence well and he wasn't afraid to shoot. He also made a few beautiful passes. I was really impressed at how well Danny and Moses worked together. He needs work, but he needs games to improve.

now you should realise how fucking hard it is teaching Maths

My old maths teacher is from England. He is a pretty good teacher too, though he is really easily side tracked. I was kind of screwed over in the maths department anyway since I live in rural Australia. Here for Grades 11 and 12 there are three maths classes Maths A, Maths B and Maths C. A is the most basic, B is slightly more advanced and C is much more advanced. My school only offered Maths A (which is probably at the level of Grade 9 and 10 maths) so for the last two years of schooling I was learning mathematics I already knew...and it doesn't help that most University subjects require Maths B and reccomend Maths C.

Story of my life.

bet you even get counting sheep wrong

Everything I know I learnt from the English. I'd make Queen Victoria proud.

Man United fans really are pathetic. First the 'Referee - Leader - Legend' banner at the stadium, and now they're so bitter that they're complaining because we had a stronger line up. So fucking what? It was 11 vs 11, which is how it should be. It's the manager's choice who plays and who doesn't, and I don't blame RDM at all for deciding to bring Oscar, Hazard and Ramires on the second half, because we really needed the three of them in order to qualify.

They should try and see how it feels like TO GET ROBBED while it's 9 vs 12. Pathetic really.

Do remember that this was Sturridge's first start all season. Don't be so ridiculous.

maybe i m being overly critical but its just the thought of sturridge/torres staring against suppose rm,bayern,barca that is giving me some jitters. well just hope he improves on this performace and is giving apt opppurtunities.

Exactly. You have to give players a run of games in order to see their quality. Sturridge had a couple of really stupid plays and a couple more chances he should have done better on, but he also did a lot of things right. His positioning was very good and he made some very good runs. He generally pressed their defence well and he wasn't afraid to shoot. He also made a few beautiful passes. I was really impressed at how well Danny and Moses worked together. He needs work, but he needs games to improve.

Great post ;) movement is class , form is temporary :)

Right first off happy obviously to win - we needed that, the lads need to keep the winning feeling ticking over. The character some of these young players are showing is fantastic and really gives me a lot of confidence for the future.

Defensively we are very poor at the moment. The individual mistakes need eradicating immediately. I can understand we will leak a few more than previously playing more offensively, but we can't keep giving ourselves a mountain to climb.

The introduction of Ramires, Oscar and Hazard really gave us the initiative. Hazard was exceptional and the emotion he showed for the penalty he scored was nice to see. He's usually as cool as they come, but it shows his hunger and desire to win. Oscar for me aswell came on deeper and controlled the game. He could definately in the future play a deeper role if we decide to go down that direction. Mugging Nani off was hilarious.

I can understand people saying we brought the 'big hitters' on to win the game, but the best part of that is our big hitters are now amongst our youngest. The likes of Oscar, Hazard and Moses are no older than the United kids on show tonight, but they are on a completely different level in terms of quality.

I still cannot work out what I make of Sturridge myself - sometimes he looks the part, and others he is infuriatingly frustrating. On one part his single-mindedness could hinder others around him compared to Torres say, who is much more unselfish in his play. However, Sturridge having missed a couple never hid and his explosiveness and awareness got him his goal - I don't think Torres would have been there to anticipate such a mistake.

And despite 2 pens, we still should have had a blatant other one and they were lucky to not have three players sent off (both centre backs should have gone and Giggs). Yes you have to respect Giggs playing 120 minutes at 39, but his tackle on Moses at the end was disgraceful and should have seen red for it. Also not sure how Fergie came to conclusion that they were comfortable and in control in second half. We should have scored at least three or four more tonight, and I am just waiting for a team some time this season to take a serious battering from us.

shown something, like a couple of goals to prove he is truly the next kaka?

meh.

as i stated above shown ANYTHING. even character or something as simple as workrate.

some people would go any lengths to defend the players they like.

Man United fans really are pathetic. First the 'Referee - Leader - Legend' banner at the stadium, and now they're so bitter that they're complaining because we had a stronger line up. So fucking what? It was 11 vs 11, which is how it should be. It's the manager's choice who plays and who doesn't, and I don't blame RDM at all for deciding to bring Oscar, Hazard and Ramires on the second half, because we really needed the three of them in order to qualify.

They should try and see how it feels like TO GET ROBBED while it's 9 vs 12. Pathetic really.

lmao.

i wouldn't even bother myself with manure fans.

Good work. Satisfied with result, bit of lucky but win is only what matters.

Good work from Danny, Azpi and Moses also, keep that guys.

I am glad that Danny actually plays like striker, I suddenly like the fact that he is selfish son of a bitch, thats how a striker play, he strikes.

Now lets destroy Swansea.

P.S.: Tasty quarterfinal draw.

This. I can't believe it when people say Sturridge was awful. He was wasteful with some of his chances but apart from that his trickery and creativity IMO was top class and linked up with play very well. His finish was first class and he looked like a man eager to prove a point and I am sure RDM saw more positives in him than negatives. Considering he has hardly got to prove himself up front and put in a decent performance tonight topped by a goal I definitely feel he should be given more chances to prove himself up front. I was thoroughly convinced by him tonight.

what?! he is much better than torres he shown such a great skill today just need to work on his teamwork and maybe because of that he don't start...Reminds me of ibra in barca think about it!! still it was with piazon and moses and whan he had hazrd he pass much more because he know he have someone to count on...

but was great on 1 against 1 not like torres against the GK coming back or shaknig

for me him together with hazrd are the MOM

Hes not much better than Torres.

I hope Mata is on the bench vs. Swansea. Really don't want him to get burned out again.

For sure and we need him for Shaktar. Moses certainly showed that he can be effective on the right and I think a front-line of Hazard-Oscar-Moses is definitely good enough..