Chelsea 2-3 Manchester United

Jase

Man of the Match  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Gary Neville is becoming more and more popular

Gary Neville criticises the officials after Manchester United beat Chelsea

Neville told Sky Sports' Super Sunday: "We have seen different types of dives today. Even if Torres doesn't get clipped I think he is entitled to go down.

"He had Johnny Evans, 6ft 1in, coming towards him with an aggressive tackle, I think Torres may be thinking he has to get his leg out of the way and go down because Evans is going to do him.

"Referees are getting themselves in a mess on this because everyone is talking about diving. There are different types of diving.

"He may be able to stay on his feet there but you can't say that was a yellow card. That is not a yellow card."

Asked if the decision inadvertently made up for failing to send off Torres in the first half, Neville responded: "Two wrongs don't make a right. I think that the referee got the first one wrong and he got the second one wrong.

"He got both wrong and it is not good for the referee either way. The first one could have been a red card and the second one was not a yellow.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no surprise that Manchester United are always fighting for the title even with average teams.

They have 95% of the decisions that can influence game for them. Offside goals, penalty for dives, players sent off like Torres, disallowed goals for imaginary offside.

It's so obvious that Howard Webb is labeled their twelve player.

LOL just don't understand you guys still criticizing Torres , Did he got any service today ? infact Mata should have scored when torres played that through ball , if Torres would have missed that Golden chance , you guys would have started abusing him .

Uhm. Drugs are ok I suppose. LSD might actually be fun when watching Torres play - also like today. It makes you write a sorts of fluffy posts on sucky strikers. Also: you do know the world is gonna end on 21 December don't you?

Besides this cynical banter, Nando el Blando sucked. Objectively.

Never thought I'd actually get round to post on this forum, but this game has compelled me to make one point:

Our fans were absolutely fantastic at the end. I was worried to see scenes like with spurs fans against us, leaving early and looking miserable. But instead I still hear us singing all the way. We know what we are!! It was amazing to see. :blue scalf:

Also from what I saw from my poor stream, Ramires looked like he had a very good game - a little surprised more haven't voted him for MotM.

The 3 best players out of all 22 were hazard mata and oscar. Still pissed off, but extremely proud of the support we had and our lads. Danny sturridge deserves to start now and i felt so bad for him. Twice he had to sit down due to sendings off...

United have found the best way to deal with Hazard mata and oscar. Get them subbed off... So disgraceful. He should come out and apologise for the poor decisions... He won't but seriously WTF.

Those three were very poor in the first 30 minutes. They didn't defend well, they gave up the ball easily, etc...Mata had the beautiful FK goal and the gorgeous touch that help set up the Ramires goal. Hazard looked dangerous a few times but didn't really create much and had a bad 73% passing percentage, was dispossessed 2 times and had 4 turnovers and Oscar despite getting his first Premier League assist on a gorgeous cross (congrats to him) was pretty poor. 81% passing, 4 turnovers, and 3 times dispossessed, The front 4 attacked very well in the 30-60 minute mark though.

Rightly said Ivanovic clipped Young's leg accidentally, but as the rule book says he has to go under such circumstance;

Sad as it played out, all was compounded by the Torres red card which in no way was a dive there was obvious contact, just as there was contact from Ivanovic. Clattenberg has always been known for scandalous refereeing, who knows he might be an investor MUFC stocks. It was sad because Torres' red card came just as RDM was planning on pulling him off for Sturridge. In all I was proud of the Chelsea boys for proving they could dominate Man U. Then look at that old man, Fergie ( I am never a fan of his) he was wise enough to pull off Rooney in avoidance of a likely 2nd Yellow. Tell the old man he won against a 9 man chelsea.

My question is: How many games do players miss after a red-card?

Was looking at the movement of the 3 magicians again and it is terrific. Analysed the game myself and its brilliant to watch, pity we lost the game due to refereeing decisions.Totally overrun Carrick and Cleverly in midfield, only problem was our defence today for the first two goals and Fernando Torres playing shit. Still major major improvement from the Shaktar game. KTBFFH

Just for this only moment, it would be great to have José Mourinho in charge again - he would be thrilled to take part in the post-match conferences. And definitely ready to start his 6 game ban.

Those three were very poor in the first 30 minutes. They didn't defend well, they gave up the ball easily, etc...Mata had the beautiful FK goal and the gorgeous touch that help set up the Ramires goal. Hazard looked dangerous a few times but didn't really create much and had a bad 73% passing percentage, was dispossessed 2 times and had 4 turnovers and Oscar despite getting his first Premier League assist on a gorgeous cross (congrats to him) was pretty poor. 81% passing, 4 turnovers, and 3 times dispossessed, The front 4 attacked very well in the 30-60 minute mark though.

Tbh oscar was our best player in the first 25 mins. Everyone else didn't play well. Then the next half an hour of play we absolutely dominated and them 3 could have got/created 3 or 4 goals even. Then the sendings off ended that.