Jase

Man of the Match  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't buy the conspiracy stuff. I think it was just an incompetent ref or a ref having a horrible match.

I believe match fixing exists in this league, there's not actually a way to stop it now is there, they might make you think there is but there just simply isn't.

The reason why I'm starting to really think this now is because this happens all the bastard time.

long time ago it's Ovrebo, last year it was certain Howard Webb, this time Mark Clatternburg.fcuk this thing, when it's gonna stop? it's freaking kill the game. This is all caused by the divers antic in the league, Young, Bale, Suarez. But we who the one getting the consequences but when it comes to legit call we get none. fcuk it. fcuk

i'll look past the absolute disgrace the game turned out to be and analyse the game now. the horror start - united swarmed us and david luiz was again a headless chicken in a big game. pathetic decision making and was beaten 4-5 times in the first 20 mins. unquestionably our worst defender and not captain material if you look at his frustrated push on RVP later in the game.

united gave us a lesson in counter attacking and off the ball movement. notice how when valencia crossed there were atleast 4 red shirts in the area and when hazard crossed at the other end there was only torres and even he didn't attack the ball.

but then, i was proud of the team. brilliant stuff to claw our way back before Clattenburg took over. unrelenting pressure on united's goal and forced de gea into a number of saves before Mata's glorious freekick. this chelsea side is not just style but has the character and substance that helped us become Champions of Europe last season. I am sure now that we will win silverware this year.the team is brilliant and united's luck in the chelsea and liverpool games will even itself out over the season. no point moaning about clattenburg. We all know which was the better team yesterday

On a positive note though - they scored only 1 goal with 2 man advantage by an offside goal. I am now more confident playing against United even when we're trailing, provided the game isn't reffed by some incompetent biased cunt.

I must also note that I love Russian commentators. They have the best streams around. The commentator was ripping Torres apart, saying he's gone to the shadows again, just before he had 2 excellent moments.. then he said "Torres must understand Russian because he heard me" :D He also criticized the fuck out of the refs, adding in disappointment that they ruined a great spectacle and it's best to remember the untainted first half and forget the second.

If this, horrific officiating handing a win to United on a silver platter, happened once in a blue moon... but no... it takes place week in, week out.

I've supported Chelsea even before the Hasselbaink days, but I see myself becoming an Anti-united fan, which is pretty sad to be honest.

Tbh at the time I though it was a sending off, but looking back at it, that really is a dive, young was looking for the contact by kicking his leg backwards and even that contact was very slight and not enough to take him down. His fall was unnatural as well. Dive imo:

ijpKX0GGgoAMX.gif

iCOikrdw9cQvQ.gif

Typical.There wasn't even much contact there FFS! :doh:

I agree about the poor defending HOWEVER we also have to take into consideration that this more expansive style will not only naturally make us concede more goals but also take time to strike the balance. Take into account we have played three very good attacking teams this week.

Prior to this we had been pretty stingy defensively and kept a few clean sheets so i think there is definately something positive there. If we were conceding regularly against Wigan, etc then i would be more worried.

We need to be patient with it but at least we know that domestically at least we are more than capable of outscoring any team.

Yes but it doesn't mean that they can just neglect their defensive duties. It's ok if you wanna play them but gotta make sure they just as hard defensively as they go forward. Oscar is doing alright defensively but Mata and Hazard can still improve in this aspect. That said, it isn't down to just this new style of play we are adopting. We have seen a number of individual errors that have cost us too. Take Cole for example in the first half yesterday. His defending was very Luiz-esque in that first half!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-claim-ref-Mark-Clattenburg-was-gunning-for-Craig-Bellamy-article255615.html

In December 2009, Clattenburg took charge of a tie between Bolton Wanderers and Manchester City. City personnel alleged that at half-time, Clattenburg asked members of their bench: "How do you work with Craig Bellamy all week?" In the second half that followed, he booked Bellamy twice, once for dissent and then for diving, although replays suggested he was actually fouled.

Typical.There wasn't even much contact there FFS! :doh:

Yes but it doesn't mean that they can just neglect their defensive duties. It's ok if you wanna play them but gotta make sure they just as hard defensively as they go forward. Oscar is doing alright defensively but Mata and Hazard can still improve in this aspect. That said, it isn't down to just this new style of play we are adopting. We have seen a number of individual errors that have cost us too. Take Cole for example in the first half yesterday. His defending was very Luiz-esque in that first half!

I did not blame the referee for iva red card, because in real time it looked like Iva clipped young, after looking at the replay it was clear that it was very minimal and young just does his thing.

I did not blame the referee for iva red card, because in real time it looked like Iva clipped young, after looking at the replay it was clear that it was very minimal and young just does his thing.

Perhaps so but was it really a red card? Luiz looked like he was in pretty close proximity to cover for Ivanovic!

I thought Ivanovic's red card was debatable because it didn't look such a clear chance of scoring. But WHOA, it wasn't even a foul. Imho it was a dive. So actually it should have been 11 blues vs. 10 reds. The ref. robbed us so hard it's unbelievable.

Perhaps so but was it really a red card? Luiz looked like he was in pretty close proximity to cover for Ivanovic!

ref had a shocker. i hope the racism allegations are true and Clattenburg is relegated to Blue Square Premier League. still seething

Looking back at the game, I really have mixed emotions about it. Proud of the players to show great character and belief to come from 2-0 down and as many have pointed out, had it stayed at 11 v 11 or maybe 10 v 11, I'm pretty we would have at least got a point out of this game. However on the other hand, am really pissed off because we were obviously cheated out by Clattenburg and also the fact that we started slowly again as well as some really poor defending that cost us 2 very cheap goals. The game would have been so different had we defended better for those goals and we need to stop giving ourselves mountain to climb against top oppositions by conceding sloppy goals like that.