Chelsea 2-3 Manchester United

Jase

Man of the Match  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Yet another referee on ManUre's payroll. We definitely got the morale victory and would have won the game. We're also still top of the table and a better side than ManUre. We're a bigger threat than them to win the title already and this is without a very good Striker. This win will do nothing for them. Joke of a side who needed an offside goal to beat 9 men.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i think we should adopt similar rules to cricket in this regard, every match both teams get two reviews each (as in the manager has the option to stop the game and attempt to get a decision overruled twice).

They do that also in the NFL, but the problem is it takes time and stops the flow of the game like Rmpr was saying.

It could work, I want it to take no more than 1min.

I think we could have an official constantly with a screen (upstairs). He would be able to comunicate with the 4th official just in major decisions (goal, penalty and red card).

It would actually take seconds...

We would have to do just like tennis. Where you have technology you use it, in minor leagues you simply dont.

What I defnetly do not want is a "Coach`s Challenge System".

Honestly it would be so simple. Man watching on tv screen. Goal is scored. Man then looks at replay, 15 seconds later, he says, there is definately a reason to overturn it, or there is no reason to overturn it, or there is a chance of it being wrong but it is so close so the on field decision should stand. It takes at least 30 seconds for them to restart the game anyway. We shouldn't have an appeal system for things like whether it was a foul as that is often down to opinion and would ruin the flow. But simple things like, was it offside, was it over the line etc. I honestly can't believe how the biggest sport in the world still haven't done it yet when every other sport is using it in some way to improve thier sport.

They do that also in the NFL, but the problem is it takes time and delays the flow of the game like Rmpr was saying.

They don't even need challenges, just a quick review of goals or goals where there is a suspicion of offside etc.

They do that also in the NFL, but the problem is it takes time and stops the flow of the game like Rmpr was saying.

The simple question is what's more important. Integrity or flow? Not to mention waiting on a decision adds a tension/suspense that's not necessarily bad. The funny thing is when they go to replay and still get it wrong (happens all the time in hockey).

In Australia when something is unclear or something is missed, the referee delegates to the 'video referee' whose decision is final. There is no interrupting or much stalling at all; some decision take a while to conclude but rarely longer than five minutes.

Honestly it would be so simple. Man watching on tv screen. Goal is scored. Man then looks at replay, 15 seconds later, he says, there is definately a reason to overturn it, or there is no reason to overturn it, or there is a chance of it being wrong but it is so close so the on field decision should stand. It takes at least 30 seconds for them to restart the game anyway. We shouldn't have an appeal system for things like whether it was a foul as that is often down to opinion and would ruin the flow. But simple things like, was it offside, was it over the line etc. I honestly how the biggest sport in the world still haven't done it yet when every other sport is using it in some way to improve thier sport.

Exactly this. It shouldn't take up to a freaking minute, and doesn't necessarily cost a lot. Just have 1 more official and put him upstairs instead of behind the goal where he doesn't even do anything anyway.

The simple question is what's more important. Integrity or flow? Not to mention waiting on a decision adds a tension/suspense that's not necessarily bad. The funny thing is when they go to replay and still get it wrong (happens all the time in hockey).

Getting decisions right is more important, but the concern of many people against technology is the delays, so finding an option that shouldn't take too much time is more appealing.

In Australia when something is unclear or something is missed, the referee delegates to the 'video referee' whose decision is final. There is no interrupting or much stalling at all; some decision take a while to conclude but rarely longer than five minutes.

Didn't the manager of the referees for the NRL get sacked in Australia like a few days ago...because of a high number of 'controversial' and 'questionable' decisions made by refs/video refs over the past season?

Exactly this. It shouldn't take up to a freaking minute, and doesn't necessarily cost a lot. Just have 1 more official and put him upstairs instead of behind the goal where he doesn't even do anything anyway.

Getting decisions right is more important, but the concern of many people against technology is the delays, so finding an option that shouldn't take too much time is more appealing.

Definately, i think we would be "ruining the game" if we start having challenges on whether it was a foul, or whether it was a corner or a throw in, but surely getting the big decisions right has got to be important. They will say people love the controversy, but i guarentee you more people would have loved to see the last 20 mins of that game in a fair way. But considering the length of time it takes to put something like this in place as it takes reviews and all sorts of hoops to jump through, and even if someone suggested it now it would probably take at least 2 years to happen.

Didn't the manager of the referees for the NRL get sacked in Australia like a few days ago...because of a high number of 'controversial' and 'questionable' decisions made by refs/video refs over the past season?

I don't know. I haven't kept up with the NRL lately. I don't think so, NRL is a pretty big deal in Australia and I would have heard about it one way or the other.

But the best thing about the NRL system is that it can only be used if the ref wants it used. I'm not sure that it would work in Football but it does the job here.

Definately, i think we would be "ruining the game" if we start having challenges on whether it was a foul, or whether it was a corner or a throw in, but surely getting the big decisions right has got to be important. They will say people love the controversy, but i guarentee you more people would have loved to see the last 20 mins of that game in a fair way. But considering the length of time it takes to put something like this in place as it takes reviews and all sorts of hoops to jump through, and even if someone suggested it now it would probably take at least 2 years to happen.

True lol. Anyway didn't FIFA say they will be introducing some sort of technology at the CWC?

True lol. Anyway didn't FIFA say they will be introducing some sort of technology at the CWC?

I thought they have some goal line technology thing coming soon, didn't know about whether it will be introduced in the CWC though.

Totally different, the game stops many times. It is just one more stop...

Football must start using technology, I just have no idea how. I do not want to see the flow ruined.

The fluidity would not be ruined. The match is stopped either way. All they have to do is stop the clock for a minute and look at a replay.

I thought they have some goal line technology thing coming soon, didn't know about whether it will be introduced in the CWC though.

Yeh i'm sure of it, remember reading on the Mail that we will be one of the first teams to have it in December.

The fluidity would not be ruined. The match is stopped either way. All they have to do is stop the clock for a minute and look at a replay.

They don't even have to stop the clock if someone's good enough at checking the replay. There's usually 30 seconds or so before play starts up again.