Chelsea v Manchester United

Jase

Cahill will get better, his errors are basic errors. David Luiz worries me when i see him in the starting line up, Cahill doesn't. My opinion is that Cahill is a better defender and that Luiz should never be anywhere near that back 4. Luiz makes stupid mistakes and will probably give away a daft penalty tomorrow, almost like he needs to because it's his roleplay for being a bit erratic. I hope he learns one day but i have more expectation that Cahill will be a more complete defender before Luiz will. Anyway.... who cares, they're both playing tomorrow, they've played together before, they won the UCL together ffs so let them both learn from each other. Neither are as good as JT, that is for sure. JT will be missed.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to whack and abuse someone tomorrow if Van Persie scores at the Bridge again. :rant:

put some money on him to score then, im thinking of doing it because that way if he does score at least you win some money so it doesn't hurt as much.

we may have "MAZACAR" (not really comfortable with that name) but they have a much more direct Wayne-Persie who can finish half-chances. this is a weird game as over the years, both teams have come in with a slightly defensive formation and kept things tight waiting to nick the odd goal but this time both teams have a struggling defence. that's why rooney and van persie scare me. they are gonna get spaces by pushing wide and once they put away a chance, it'll be hard for us to get back

Lol don't worry, "MAZACAR" was just one time thing :) anyways, talking about them and completely agreeing on ronney-Persie headache, I won't be surprised if RDM gives Bertrand the nod to play as to ease the defesive pressure (playing him in the Cl might be a sign), which will surely mean omitting one of our attacking trio. This leads to the question of who will be sacrificed? Oscar must be the most likely one but in doing so we will miss his willingness to close down players high up the pitch.

Im pretty much convinced that they will play the diamond formation. Narrowing down the play and packing the midfield to stop our attacking players, while Ronney pops up everywhere, RVP drops wide and Hernandez (or anyone) plays as the central striker.

Contradicting myself, if United do choose the diamond formation, wouldnt playing Bertrand just to cover cole be redundant???

Benching Oscar would be extremely silly.we absolutely need to keep scholes/cleverley and even carrick quiet

their probable lineup:De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Cleverley, Carrick, Scholes, Valencia, Rooney, Van Persie

Need to go with the same line up that beat Arsenal and Tottenham. Both of us haven't been defending well enough, but our attacks have been unreal. Torres has to perform tomorrow. Other than that, Hazard, Oscar & Mata need to do their thing, will also performing their defensive duties to help out our wing backs. Expect a win tomorrow, United aren't very good. Come on you Chels!

I think that we should not try to stop Van Persie and Rooneybut rather stop the supply to them, namely Scholes. If we can, and trust me we can, overpower their midfield and dominate possession we can win this easily.

Rooney can also serve as source of supply. If they're playing, Mikel, Ramires and Oscar will all have to work very hard.