FC Nordsjaelland vs Chelsea

Jase

Thanks mate. What would you say their strong point is? Speed? Physicality? Defending?

I have a lot of friends who follow Shaktar because of "Henrik Mkhitaryan" and they were watching the game vs Nordsjaelland.

Most of them said that their style is based on speed and attack. Even though Shaktar won 2:0 the score could have been a lot higher if it wasn't for their keeper.

Personally, after the Juve game, I'm more worried about this one because I don't want to think of the scenario last year. A trashing would be nice but a 1:0 wouldn't be bad either.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But when that's said: they don't even play on their own ground and we should be (and are) a way better team than them and a team with some of our reserves will win 9 out of 10 times.

And there it is. Right from the horses's mouth. Choulo and others can now stop attacking those who say this game should be easy and we should rest most of our key players. The 3 Maestro's should be rested. If one of them do play, it should be Oscar as he has more in the tank. Terry can play, as his suspension will kick in in the EPL next game.

Normally they actually play a 4-2-3-1 like us but it depends who the opponent is (maybe you saw a game with another formation). I guess they will play the 4-2-3-1 tomorrow aswell.

Beside that you point out the right players. I think John has scores 8 goals in the last 6 games so that's pretty good.

And Cluj

Teams like this that have nothing to lose, seem to go out and have cracking games against the big clubs.

Exactly. We made a mess of that group under Scolari and only narrowly squeezed past Cluj 2-1 in a nervy last game in the group stage.

We even drew with them at SB after they scored two late goals if I remember correctly. Just comes to highlight how complacency can hurt us.

TBF, we had already qualified & guaranteed to finish top by that time we played APOEL at home in the last game. Carlo rested lots of players for that game and we should have won the game after coming from behind to take a 2-1 lead but a poor mistake by Mikel(IIRC) led to APOEL's equalizer. And on hindsight perhaps, this was the game where Essien played and suffered the serious injury that ultimately dealt the final blow and made him the average player he is today. Thanks a lot Carlo!

Must win for us...

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Bertrand

Romeu - Lampard

Marin - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

and against Norwich on Saturday

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Mikel - Ramires

Moses - Hazard - Mata

Torres (Sturridge if fit)

I very much doubt Marin will START that game when he hasnt played in a while and wasnt even on the bench last game. However id like to see him come on for about 20mins or so and perhaps start the Norwich game

Here's a couple of information on tomorrow's referee:

1. Croatian referee - Marijo Strahonja - will officiate the Nordsjaelland v Chelsea game tomorrow.

2. Marijo Strahonja has previously only officiated 1 Champions League group stage game - Man United's 2-0 home win vs Otelul Galati last season.

3. However, Strahonja has officiated a Champions League game this season - FC Copenhagen's 1-0 home win over Lille in the play-off round.

4. Strahonja has also officiated a game involving Nordsjaelland before when Sporting Lisbon defeated the Danes 2-1 in the Europa League 3rd qualifying round back in Aug 10.

Normally they actually play a 4-2-3-1 like us but it depends who the opponent is (maybe you saw a game with another formation). I guess they will play the 4-2-3-1 tomorrow aswell.

Beside that you point out the right players. I think John has scores 8 goals in the last 6 games so that's pretty good.

Well, I guess you can interpretate as 4-3-2-1. It really doesnt differ too much from a 4-5-1. John is totally in form, their main threat. As you said, I also saw them playing fast and with a less powerful Barca style (if you know what I mean).

I keep my opinion that a lineup with Azi, Romeu, Moses and Oscar is good enough to win. Lets wait for the outcome of the game. Going to be interestin to see how they both behave!

The 3 Maestro's should be rested. If one of them do play, it should be Oscar as he has more in the tank.

Oh, how I love the title 'The Three Maestro's'. That is awesome (Three Musketeers anyone?). One piece of additional input: Hazard also as a lot in the tank I presume, seeing how many games he played last year. So I wouldn't panic too much about them getting a burn-out :-)

Go for it, Maestro's (or Maestri - whatever)!