FC Nordsjaelland vs Chelsea

Jase

We are Chelsea FC. That's why Nordsjaelland is harmless. And I say this without underrestimate the team, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It's not like the players on our bench are scrubs.

Nonsense, the only reason Chelsea (or any other team in the world for that matter) deserves to win a game is if the score more goals on match day.

Having a sense in entitlement for your club is arrogant.

Next thing you know Chelsea supporters will be saying "We deserved to win because we play beautiful and they don't".

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are Chelsea FC. That's why Nordsjaelland is harmless. And I say this without underrestimate the team, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It's not like the players on our bench are scrubs.

You cannot say because we are Chelsea FC that we will automatically win every game. Look at last season we got beat by QPR and West Brom who we should be beating, drew with Genk and Birmingham... where the same applies. Also Brighton turned us over in pre-season as did that MLS team. You only deserve to win if you outplay the opposition on the match day though, which we clearly didn't in them games so assuming we will beat them no matter what is ridiculous. Nordsjaelland will be fearless as is this is there first time in the CL so they will probably just try and beat us the fact we are also holding champions makes us a target too. We have to do a professional job and beat them. Not just look at them and hope they lose the game for us.

You cannot say because we are Chelsea FC that we will automatically win every game. Look at last season we got beat by QPR and West Brom who we should be beating, drew with Genk and Birmingham... where the same applies. Also Brighton turned us over in pre-season as did that MLS team. You only deserve to win if you outplay the opposition on the match day though, which we clearly didn't in them games so assuming we will beat them no matter what is ridiculous. Nordsjaelland will be fearless as is this is there first time in the CL so they will probably just try and beat us the fact we are also holding champions makes us a target too. We have to do a professional job and beat them. Not just look at them and hope they lose the game for us.

Pardon me, but did I say that just because we are Chelsea FC that we will win every game? I think u better read what I wrote again, my point is that our bench isnt some mediocre players. People like Moses, Marin, Danny, Romeu, Cesar are quality players and there is NOTHING wrong with playing them against a team like Nordsjaelland.

Pardon me, but did I say that just because we are Chelsea FC that we will win every game? I think u better read what I wrote again, my point is that our bench isnt some mediocre players. People like Moses, Marin, Danny, Romeu, Cesar are quality players and there is NOTHING wrong with playing them against a team like Nordsjaelland.

You didn't say it but your post resembled something similar to what I said. Well thats what I got from it.

Nonsense, the only reason Chelsea (or any other team in the world for that matter) deserves to win a game is if the score more goals on match day.

Having a sense in entitlement for your club is arrogant.

Next thing you know Chelsea supporters will be saying "We deserved to win because we play beautiful and they don't".

Did you read the last part of what I wrote? Obviousley not, or you didnt get the message...

You didn't say it but your post resembled something similar to what I said. Well thats what I got from it.

Nordsjaelland IS practically a harmless team for us, on paper. And yeah, anything can happen in a game. But fact still remains, our bench-players should take care of business. Im not saying we should play reserve team players, but some people were getting all mad about the fact that we dont need to play our absolutley strongest team against them. Fact is there are alot of games ahead now, and we have to rotate. And when facing a lower team we have to rely on our benched players.

Did you read the last part of what I wrote? Obviousley not, or you didnt get the message...

Nordsjaelland IS practically a harmless team for us, on paper. And yeah, anything can happen in a game. But fact still remains, our bench-players should take care of business. Im not saying we should play reserve team players, but some people were getting all mad about the fact that we dont need to play our absolutley strongest team against them. Fact is there are alot of games ahead now, and we have to rotate. And when facing a lower team we have to rely on our benched players.

Maybe they should but that doesn't mean they will. Be optimistic.

Please, tell when I mentioned our players being a 'bunch of scrubs', hell I didn't say anything about our players. YOU quoted me with that message about our players, KOF talked about resting players, not SPIKE. I was asking how Nordsjaelland are harmless and a weaker team than Norwich and I've yet to get a justifiable response .

I'd rather be safe than sorry. Put out a team as close to our strongest XI as possible, take the 3 points home and rest some of the lads in the return leg, by which point we should hopefully have secured first place in the group. Spare me the excitement nervous trepidation of chasing things on matchday 6 like last year, please.

On another note - absolutely furious this isn't live on either of the primary broadcasters here. You'd think being defending European Champions would be enough to give us that status.

Was reading an article yesterday, dont remember where, but it said the Nordsjaelland play extremely attacking football, and their play is based on one touch move and pass.

It is supposedly very similar to the way swansea played at home last season.

Now even though we are chelsea and all that, going to Swansea away is never an easy fixture. The same applies to Nordsjaelland.

The longer we dont score, the more likely they will.

They are not a team who will sit back and defend, hoping that 1 point will get them through the group.

As a club, they know they have no chance qualifying through this group, so their primary motivation is to show quality and cause an upset and make the world take notice of them.

They have nothing to lose, and will treat the game that way.

We have everything to lose, and we should approach the game that way.

If we underestimate them, and they QPR us like last season at Loftus, when we did not know what to expect, and if we do not come away with 3 points, that is BIG TROUBLE.

So, to finish, a few of you guys are being way too overconfident. If you have seen Nordsjaellan play and know that they are in the CL by some fluke, then alright, but if you dont know enough, then dont underestimate a starving pet, he will bite.

Even APOEL caused us plenty of problems when we played them in Cyprus in 2009. We just narrowly edged past them on that day.

And Cluj

Teams like this that have nothing to lose, seem to go out and have cracking games against the big clubs.

We'll probably smash them 5-0 now mind you. :lol:

Even APOEL caused us plenty of problems when we played them in Cyprus in 2009. We just narrowly edged past them on that day.

We even drew with them at SB after they scored two late goals if I remember correctly. Just comes to highlight how complacency can hurt us.