FC Nordsjaelland vs Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand people being against resting a few players for this game, we just came out of the Arsenal game have a game mid week and have Norwich next weekend - these two games are equally important even though it's against possibly the worse team in the EPL and worse team in our CL group. Besides I don't think a team without Ramires; Torres; Mikel; Ivanovic and Hazard for example is going to be unable to beat either of these two opponents. To me it's actually a great time to rest up Mikel and Ivanovic, Torres provided that Sturridge is fully fit. I don't think Oscar/Hazard and Mata will play together as starters for both of these games in any case.

So Lampard and Romeu for the midfield, with either Mata or Oscar in front of them. Moses on the right and either Mata or Hazard on the left. If Sturridge isn't fully fit start Torres and sub him off early in the second half.

Maybe rest a few players but least have key players on the bench if needed.'Worse' team in the group on paper doesnt matter when it comes to kick off, no point going into it thinking its gana be a walk over cause rarley ever is.Need to get a win or make or group a bit harder for ourselves..and hopfully if we take a lead we dont mess up

Don't think we can underestimate them at all and rest our players that much. Qualify and possibly win the group early and then rest them in the last game or something. We do not want what happened to us last season and under Scolari to happen again.

People are acting like if we use Moses, Marin, Sturridge etc we are using reserve players...They are good players. Underrated as well. Also some people are acting like since Nordsjaelland got into the group stages it means they are good and should not be underestimated. <_<

Look at what league they come from for god's sake. Who was their competition to get into the group stages? They are no threat whatsoever. We should rest quite a few players. Leave them on the bench so they can come on if needed.

People are acting like if we use Moses, Marin, Sturridge etc we are using reserve players...They are good players. Underrated as well. Also some people are acting like since Nordsjaelland got into the group stages it means they are good and should not be underestimated. <_<

Look at what league they come from for god's sake. Who was their competition to get into the group stages? They are no threat whatsoever. We should rest quite a few players. Leave them on the bench so they can come on if needed.

Uhm,United last season?

Oh stop this nonsense. No, we shouldnt underrestimate teams, but in all seriousness we are Chelsea FC and the players we have on the bench arent some random mediocre players. Im talking about players like Moses, Danny (if fit), Romeu, Marin etc. Are u all kiddin me?

d.Not saying we wont win if we play Sturridge etc just hopfully we wont rule out having key players avilable if we need them cause a team that might seem easy enough can end up being a tough game if the mentality's right and hopfully our players will have the right one as in other games against the likes of Wigan,shown up like that was enough to win and ended up dropping points.

It doesn't work like that, thinking you are going to win a game and actually doing it are 2 different things.

You just contradicted yourself. Playing our Top XI does not mean we will win either..

Playing Moses, Marin, Sturridge, Romeu, Aziplicueta is quite enough to outplay and win this game. They are not many miles behind Hazard, Mata, Torres, Mikel, Iva. If we go with the lineup most are suggesting, we will still be way more superior (with big chances of winning).

We are CFC ffs. Our reserve team is better than half of the globe...

You got what I was trying to say, this game should be taken seriously and I'm sure that RDM will be smart enough to play the best starting lineup possible.

If RDM is smart he will rest players for the Norwhich game as this opponent is fairly harmless.

You just contradicted yourself. Playing our Top XI does not mean we will win...

Playing Moses, Marin, Sturridge, Romeu, Aziplicueta is quite enough to outplay and win this game. They are not many mile behind Hazard, Mata, Torres, Mikel, Iva. If we go with the lineup most are suggesting, we will still be way more superior (with bg chances of winning).

It's pretty obvious that the chances of wining with the starting team is higher....

Of course Ramires; Mikel; Torres; Ivanvovic would be on the bench. I'd even think about A.Cole but he was rested mid week against Wolves.

I would also say that it's all about mentality if RdM makes it clear to our reserves that this is their chance to prove themselves than obviously there won't be any underrating of the opposition and the young players we have out there will be hungry to prove themselves, same as the Wolves game pretty much.

It's one of the advantages of having a large squad like ours.

MU's problem is their central midfield take away a few players there and pretty much any team can dominate their midfield and starve their strikers for opportunities.

It's pretty obvious that the chances of wining with the starting team is higher....

Not really, if your team is already good enough it wont change much. Would we have played better against Wolves with full capacity? Would it be 10-0?

Top XI is only needed when that special touch/magic is needed. Certainly not in this match...