FC Nordsjaelland vs Chelsea

Jase

How do you pronounce it? Nords-jay-land? Nords-hay-land? Nords-cnkdnjkre-land?

Nor-she-lan. ('she' like in shelves) ;)

Looking forward to this game, as it'll be the 3rd Chelsea game I'll be watching live! I'm goíng to sit next to all the Chelsea fans, and right now 30000 tickets have already been sold, but expecting close to full capacity. CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

I think we'll see a few changes from the Arsenal game:

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Lampard - Mikel

Moses - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Should be a comfortable win for sure, but never underestimate any team in Champions League. Sub a few players if we get an early lead, but we can't take this game lightly. Funny thing though, right now it seems that more Chelsea fans will attend to the game than FC Norsjælland supporters, lol. Anyways, I'll be in the stands with my mates and cheering the Blues to victory. We welcome the boys in blue to Denmark, and hoping for a delightful show from our players.

0-4 will be my prediction, if eveything goes according to plan.

See ya, lads ;)

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and there's absolutely no way Sturridge is starting his first game of the season in a CL away fixture. maybe coming on in the 2nd half if we're not up by more than 2 goals. RdM's plan to keep him out of the starting XI is working just fine..
ffs RDM is being very sensible.I dont see him against anybody whatsoever.

Can Terry play his 3rd Match in a week. He played 90 against wolves as well. Didn't he?

Anyone saw their match against Shakthar? What is team compositions, tactics? Something we should be wary off?

I remember the last season watching danish team of Copenhagen. They were tight in defense and had a pretty solid structure to the team. Should we expect the same?

Can Terry play his 3rd Match in a week. He played 90 against wolves as well. Didn't he?

Anyone saw their match against Shakthar? What is team compositions, tactics? Something we should be wary off?

I remember the last season watching danish team of Copenhagen. They were tight in defense and had a pretty solid structure to the team. Should we expect the same?

They are by far not my favorite team in Denmark, but gotta give credit where it's due. They won the Danish National Championships, using the style of football that we want to play. They have a decent defense at best, but their offensive is what we should be keeping an eye on. I would highlight Jores Okore as their key player, he is a real gem and followed closely by several good clubs in Europe.

That being said, it should be a fairly easy win for the Blues. It would not classify them as better than FC Copenhagen at all, but they took their chances and made it through to the Champions League, and it deserves a certain amount of respect ;)

GETTING TO KNOW: COPENHAGEN

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2933955/title/getting-to-know-copenhagen

Article by a member of TC Thomas Lundberg ! Also Chelsea TV will show his documentary on 2nd of October

Well Done Thomas congrats

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Bertrand

Romeu - Lampard

Moses - Oscar - Mata

Sturridge (if he's fit)

My starting lineup. Too bad I probably won't be able to watch the game but I believe this should be a comfortable win for us. Obviously we can't underestimate any team that has made it to the group stages of the Champions League but I'm sure Di Matteo can motivate the players to fight hard to get the three points, especially after drawing against Juventus in the first round.

By the way @, your avatar must be the greatest ever here at TC. You have taken Azpilicueta's creepiness to a whole new level and I never thought that was even possible. :fainthv9:

As Carlo would say we're in a really 'good moment'. Time to keep the foot on the gas. Two relatively easy fixtures before the international break and with amost a fully fit squad we should be looking at 3 points from both games.

RDM can tinker with the team a beat here and we should still have enough to beat Nordsjaelland. Hopefully see a few players get a breather and some to make their European debuts for the club.

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Bertrand

Romeu - Lampard

Moses - Oscar - Mata

Sturridge (if he's fit)

My starting lineup. Too bad I probably won't be able to watch the game but I believe this should be a comfortable win for us. Obviously we can't underestimate any team that has made it to the group stages of the Champions League but I'm sure Di Matteo can motivate the players to fight hard to get the three points, especially after drawing against Juventus in the first round.

By the way @, your avatar must be the greatest ever here at TC. You have taken Azpilicueta's creepiness to a whole new level and I never thought that was even possible. :fainthv9:

No way can we play that team. This is in what others may see an important game to win, which means we should play our best team or close to best team. This should not be taken lightly, this is the Champions League, not Carling Cup. Ashey Cole has to start, if he rotates him with Bertrand, must be for Norwich game, not this one. Also Mikel should start and Hazard needs to play as well and I am quite sure Ivanovic and Torres will start will start. If we look tired for this game or want to freshen things up that is the time to make changes but you often hear people say don't change from a winning formula and we should not for this, considering we have 2 tough games coming up against Shakhtar

If danny isnt fit, I would like to see:

Cech

Cesar - Cahill - Luiz - Bertrand

Ramires - Romeu

Moses - Oscar - Mata

Hazard

I think that team would do wonders against Nordsjaelland.

Could you explain me without any Torres is shit reasoning, why should we use false 9 as our starting tactic for the first time, in a 4-2-3-1 formation, in a really important Champions League match, with a player up front who probably has no record in playing there(if yes, I'm sorry), whose finishing hasn't been quite impressive so far?

For me, usual back 5 (maybe Bertrand for Cole, Cahill-Luiz at centre), Lampardless pivot, any three attacking midfielder with Moses included, and Torres up front.

Against Norwich, shitloads of rotation.

Could you explain me without any Torres is shit reasoning, why should we use false 9 as our starting tactic for the first time, in a 4-2-3-1 formation, in a really important Champions League match, with a player up front who probably has no record in playing there(if yes, I'm sorry), whose finishing hasn't been quite impressive so far?

For me, usual back 5 (maybe Bertrand for Cole, Cahill-Luiz at centre), Lampardless pivot, any three attacking midfielder with Moses included, and Torres up front.

Against Norwich, shitloads of rotation.

Because as I said, that team will do wonders, especially against a lower team. The technique, quick passing and dribbling we will get with those players will be beautiful to watch. And regarding Hazard as false #9:

“But I am happy if people see similarities between us and being compared to Messi makes me think about what I can achieve with Chelsea rather than the obstacles I need to overcome to get there.

“Ultimately it’s the coach who will decide if I play in a similar role to the one Messi plays for Barca but I am looking to succeed the Eden Hazard way.”

And even if Hazards finishing hasnt been the best in Chelsea, just look at Lille. Plus Moses, Mata and Oscar are all able to score goals aswell, and basically any player. We've seen our defenders prove helpful up there (Ivanovic) etc...