FC Nordsjaelland vs Chelsea

Jase

Resting players?we should underestimate no one in CL,don't forget we have other 2 very tough teams on the group,every point counts,specially to be on top of it.

---------usual back 5--------

-----Mike----Ram/Lamp-----

--Mata----Oscar----Hazard--

------------Torres--------------

You do realize that we have about another 55 games to go. Mata was exhausted late in the season last year and he hadn't even hit 50 games. You have to sit your starters for about 10-20 matches and if you can think of 10-20 better matches than this one to rotate some players in, I'm all ears. I'm not saying to treat it as a League Cup fixture, but there definitely needs to be some rotation.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you pronounce it? Nords-jay-land? Nords-hay-land? Nords-cnkdnjkre-land?

only a select few would know q9amn.png

Henri I see you maruseesu2.png

and there's absolutely no way Sturridge is starting his first game of the season in a CL away fixture. maybe coming on in the 2nd half if we're not up by more than 2 goals. RdM's plan to keep him out of the starting XI is working just fine..

I'm pretty sure this game will be a lot tougher than people here are expecting.

They're not a Sunday League team.

They're a team competing in the Champions League, just like us. We must respect them.

I'd probably play -

Cech;

Azpi, Ivanovic, Cahill, Bertrand;

Romeu, Ramires;

Moses, Oscar, Marin;

Torres.

Gives rest to Terry, Mata and Cole which I believe is vital.

We've got leadership in the centre with Ivan and Cahill.

Romeu simply needs games, and I'm too afraid to slot Lampard in at the moment. It really is dawning on me that he isn't great for this team right now.

Moses needs games, Marin needs games, Oscar is needed to be the playmaker and keep us 'serious' and going for the win, while Torres is our only option up-front.

I'm just hoping we don't get over-confident after this match and the one versus Norwich. Obviously Marin, Moses, Romeu, Azpi and Bertrand should start. I say rest Hazard and Mata unless we couldn't score in the 1st half without them.

You do realize that we have about another 55 games to go. Mata was exhausted late in the season last year and he hadn't even hit 50 games. You have to sit your starters for about 10-20 matches and if you can think of 10-20 better matches than this one to rotate some players in, I'm all ears. I'm not saying to treat it as a League Cup fixture, but there definitely needs to be some rotation.

You do realize that top players start around 45-55matches a year right?They should be rested in CL matches when already qualified, FA cup, capital one and CWC.Not to mention suspensions and injuries.Every CL and PL games should be taken seriously rather its a weak opposition or not because you never know what could happen.Seriously,there is no reason to rest everyone so much,this is not FIFA.....

You do realize that top players start around 45-55matches a year right?They should be rested in CL matches when already qualified, FA cup, capital one and CWC.Not to mention suspensions and injuries.Every CL and PL games should be taken seriously rather its a weak opposition or not because you never know what could happen.Seriously,there is no reason to rest everyone so much,this is not FIFA.....

45-55? Hmm...we won the FA Cup and the Champions League last year which means we played almost as many games as there can be and no outfield player started (which is really what you're saying, you want those players to start not to just play) more than 47 matches and that was Mata and it was too many and he wasn't able to play in any league games late in the year because he had to be rested. Now, it didn't matter because we weren't going to win the league anyway, but I don't want to risk a player being unable to play or being sup-par down the stretch in the league or in the CL semi-finals because you're scared of playing anybody but your favoured starting XI against a Norwegian team who doesn't have a single player that would make Chelsea's bench. Second of all, you need to rotate players in anyway. Teams don't have 11 starters and everyone else on the bench except in meaningless games. No team plays like that. Teams, even top teams, will have 15 players who play regularly. You have to keep players you want to be able to use in game form. Third of all, it's not as if a different starting XI would make us worse. Does replacing say Oscar, Torres, Mikel, and Luiz with Moses, Sturridge, Romeu, and Cahill make us a worse team? Not really. I'm not talking about playing Piazon or Turnbull and playing a League cup sort of lineup but if you aren't going to rotate at all, it's going to kill you later in the season,

I'm just hoping we don't get over-confident after this match and the one versus Norwich. Obviously Marin, Moses, Romeu, Azpi and Bertrand should start. I say rest Hazard and Mata unless we couldn't score in the 1st half without them.

Creepy avatar lol..

If Sturridge doesn't start this, he never will.

Lets not get too carried away here. Don't think RDM will risk by starting him when he just recovered from his injury. If he gets injured and out for a long period, we'll be in big big trouble!

Lets not get too carried away here. Don't think RDM will risk by starting him when he just recovered from his injury. If he gets injured and out for a long period, we'll be in big big trouble!

I agree with your premise, but if Sturridge is healthy there's no reason why he shouldn't start.

Can't take this game lightly ... remember QPR?

Need the 3 points so have to go for the kill early on and then can sub out

Stay with the same team as yesterday & hope for a few 1st half goals and then can sub out Mata, Torres, Mikel

This game is more important/difficult than next Saturday imho where can start Lamps, Cahill, Azi, Sturridge & co if wanted