John Terry retires from England duty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a sad day when I admit to having agreed with an article in the DM. But having looked at the weather outside, the facts it's Monday and my bank balance I can confirm that that sad day has come.

FA are in a difficult position made harder by thier earlier actions. Should have privately asked JT to resign his captaincy rather than publicly hanging him out to dry. They should have stated that there ruling would be based on the civil action in the courts. Instead they break their own rules (and one could argue the rule of law in finding him guilty before a trial), shall probably be on the end of a costly legal battle (not sure JT is going to let this drop) and our club losses a player for 8-10 games.

yes its bound to be a ban equitable with what Suarez had. JT has admiited saying ''Anton, did i call you a fucking black cunt?'' which is apparently racially aggravated language. Wouldnt have ever been an issue if it hadnt been reported by a QPR fan, and has just aggravated the situation. This FA witchunt 'enquiry' is costing hundreds of thousands of pounds, what a waste...

I'm over the moon I fucking hate England. There is no national team on this earth as annoying as the English national team !

Lol thats coming from a Dutch person? Your national team is full of egos. We saw how bad they were in the Euros mate.

I'm surprised he's waited so long when it's clear the FA have been waiting for opportunities to shaft him whenever they arise. Stripped once for a personal (stress on 'personal') indiscretion that had no bearing on his on pitch performances whatsoever; let alone the fact that nothing's been proven in that incident till date and your guess s as good as mine as to whether it ever happened or not; then again for a racism abuse charge for which he was found not guilty in a court of law .. they either really don't like him but endure his presence because they know he's still their best defender or are too eager to bow to general public perception and play to the galleries.

Read people commenting how it's good riddance for England and how Lampard and Cole following suit would be great, etc. Ungrateful bastards.

yes its bound to be a ban equitable with what Suarez had. JT has admiited saying ''Anton, did i call you a fucking black cunt?'' which is apparently racially aggravated language. Wouldnt have ever been an issue if it hadnt been reported by a QPR fan, and has just aggravated the situation. This FA witchunt 'enquiry' is costing hundreds of thousands of pounds, what a waste...

Guess the FA had little choice given thier earlier actions. It's funny looking back at the things JT has got upto though. Affairs, alleged racism, selling corporate boxes, tours of the ground for £s, gambling, drug dealer parents. It's like Eastenders...

England get a lot of TV time over here, so I want to see Chelsea players representing the country. It has knock-on commercial benefit too (Gourlay won't be happy)..

Rival fans are loving this, and are hailing the decision. They've finally got rid of a scummy 'Chelsea player', and it seems some Chelsea fans are kissing the feet of those rival fans. We should be acknowledging the injustice, but that's about it.

Guess the FA had little choice given thier earlier actions. It's funny looking back at the things JT has got upto though. Affairs, alleged racism, selling corporate boxes, tours of the ground for £s, gambling, drug dealer parents. It's like Eastenders...

Yup you can take the boy outta Barking, but you cant take the Barking out of the boy....