John Terry retires from England duty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea players have always been the best for England and have nonetheless never been treated with the deserved respect. The F.A., the fans the media have all done their best to badmouth Cole's, Lamps's and Jt's role in the England team and heaped praises on their replacements. All those biased arsenal, spud, man or mostly pool dyslexics even booing motm performances from our players. i can't remember any of our England trio ever having not given their all for England but can't remember Rooney ever having done so or Gerrard having put on a performance which Lamps would not have exceeded with ease. It would be great if Lamps and ash would also call time upon their england career and be solidary against the F.a. but i can understand when they want to make the 100 full first

I'm sad it has come to this but I am glad he made the strike first this time. The FA has treated him horribly time after time and I can't see it any better this time. They let this whole case get out of hand and become a circus (mostly media made). I am also glad that we won't have to worry about him getting injured during international breaks any more because the man just doesn't know how not to play the game unless he throws himself all in body and soul. Hoping for the best tomorrow with the FA… :blink: why does that sound like an oxymoron?

The FA have shown time and time again that they care more about money than the wellbeing of footballers and the English game!

It is about time that the clubs stood up to them and said you either put us first of you can go and fuck yourselves and not metaphorically!

I don't think it's that bad for England. Not a huge blow considering they have a fantastic player in Cahill to replace him.

How I'd love to see all the English Chelsea players retire from international football...

Cahill plays the other side of the centre back pairing to Terry, like they did for England before Cahill broke his jaw.

I only wish other Chelsea players representing England would stand by their captain and quit England as well. That being said though, all of them are proud to be wearing the shirt so they will not do it, especially since Gary Cahill looks like the future England captain. But it would be massive gesture.

FA rule 6.8: which states that the results of relevant civil or criminal proceedings are 'presumed to be correct and the facts presumed to be true' by FA regulatory commissions.

Nice find.... can see this going legal if the FA come to a conclusion not on keeping with the courts findings.

FA rule 6.8: which states that the results of relevant civil or criminal proceedings are 'presumed to be correct and the facts presumed to be true' by FA regulatory commissions.

I would like to see JT sue the FA if they find him guilty.

Martin Samuels spot on as usual

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2207528/John-Terry-quit-England-captain-FA-guilty--Martin-Samuel.html

We all know deep down even after being cleared in a court of law JT will be found guilty .

The FA and there stuck up staff will do every thing in there power to show face . This is by no means over I suspect this will go back to the law courts or The court of arbitration for sport . Both of them having more power then the FA

http://www.dailymail...tin-Samuel.html

In 2011, there were 473 FA disciplinary cases with a conviction rate of 99.5 per cent.
by a governing body that is basically making up the rules as it goes along
That is what happens when the folk doing the prosecuting get to appoint the judge.
FA hearings don’t even require proof.
Even if the panel were to accept Terry’s explanation that he was merely using racist language in order to deny using racist language that could justifiably be classed as guilt.
Yet the FA has a lot riding on the outcome, too. There is also vested interest.
A guilty verdict at an FA disciplinary hearing is the last-minute, extra-time winner.

I repeat... Fuck the FA.

I would like to see JT sue the FA if they find him guilty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2207528/John-Terry-quit-England-captain-FA-guilty--Martin-Samuel.html

It's a sad day when I admit to having agreed with an article in the DM. But having looked at the weather outside, the facts it's Monday and my bank balance I can confirm that that sad day has come.

FA are in a difficult position made harder by thier earlier actions. Should have privately asked JT to resign his captaincy rather than publicly hanging him out to dry. They should have stated that there ruling would be based on the civil action in the courts. Instead they break their own rules (and one could argue the rule of law in finding him guilty before a trial), shall probably be on the end of a costly legal battle (not sure JT is going to let this drop) and our club losses a player for 8-10 games.