John Terry retires from England duty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a pre-recorded interview with JT aired before a big match, the FA Cup final against Pool on itv, unless I'm mistaken, Terry was asked what he'd choose if it came down just to one, the European championship with England or the Champions League with Chelsea. Answer came out quicker than Indie's whip, the CL.

I remember a pre-recorded interview with JT aired before a big match, the FA Cup final against Pool on itv, unless I'm mistaken, Terry was asked what he'd choose if it came down just to one, the European championship with England or the Champions League with Chelsea. Answer came out quicker than Indie's whip, the CL.

And what about the World cup?

I feel bad for him as I am sure he is gutted because he loved playing for England. But I have to say this is long overdue; the FA has been treating him disrespectfully and vengefully for years now, and the fact that he has put up with them till now just to be able to represent his country only increases my admiration for the legend.

I have no doubt it is a blow for England since he is consistently one of their best players each tournament and was by far the best during the last Euros. However It's a great decision for Chelsea that will hopefully prolong his career here.

I'm just afraid that this decision means that John is aware of a prior-made decision by the FA to hand him a local ban.

Good on him. Rival fans always treat him like shit even after all he does for the national team. He made some great off the line clearances did you ever see that twat Rio doing an overhead bicycle kick to help keep us in the 2006 world cup? Thought not. The media will love this but if Ferdinand or Rooney retired from international football the media would tell us we will never qualify for a world cup again. Good on you jt.

Edit: can't say I feel for the national team either. It's great watching the 'golden generation' fail continually yet it is always Terry lampard and Coles fault. Rooney will forever be blameless.

For John Terry, dying in the pitch would be glory. You would need to kill him and maybe even then, he would still play - Scolari

John Terry is the captain of all team captains, he was born with the captain's armband on his arm. - Carlo Ancelotti.

Indeed, JT loved playing for England and was ready to almost die for the national team. Good decision though, fuck FA.

Good luck in finding such another fighter.

He would put his head where other players would fear to put their feet. Call him crazy but guys like these are few and in a battle its guys like these that people tend to hide behind or look up to.