How does Chelsea stand in your country?

Yeboii

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to understand something in small countries the media talking about a team a lot and show the team on TV if the team playing astonishing like barca or if the team have a player from the nation. people saying from Czech Republic on cech Nigeria obi mikel and now moses as to us Yossi Benayoun is mostly one of the best player we ever had. was a hero at liverpool west ham before and before racing in spain and for chelsea thay didn't gave him a real chance don't get me wrong i didn't want him at chelsea from the beginning only because of his age not other thing he is a great player. now back to topic every small country have fans because of one of there national hero playing in a big team and seeing on tv all the time or because the team is playing astonishing and for long time as i said like barca. and of course there is the history thing that is true people still love livepool not becasue how they playing now you can be sure fot that.

from my point of view

it's

barca

utd

liverpool

real

others-and we chelsea fans between the others

and by the way i'm fan of chelsea since 2000

and yes sometimes people say haa you fan of chelsea only because the money and shit and than i say no i'm a fan even before

In Venezuela it is as follows for the 15 - 30 age range:

1. Barcelona

2. Real Madrid

3. Juve / AC Milan / Inter

6. Athletic Bilbao

7. Chelsea/ Man U / Arsenal / Liverpool / Manchester City

As of International teams of course. I have yet to meet a Chelsea fan in Venezuela to be honest with you, I have met one or maybe two Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City fans because everybody is either a Barcelona or Real Madrid fan, well it's understandable as people don't actually watch football except for Champions League games and Clasicos to be honest. Some people are like me, religious with the games I rarely miss a Chelsea game unless I have class. Even though I ranked them at 8th there is a HUGE basque community in Venezuela who watch their games a lot, and an even bigger italian community that basically supports either one of those 3 teams.

• 2 weeks later...

In Sri Lanka, ManU is definitely the biggest, but Chelsea wud be 2nd I guess Liverpool 3rd, but not sure cz I dont know any older fans..! Barca is growing faster, few Arsenal & Real fans & the rest is glory hunters..!

Chelsea is very disliked/hated here because we bought succes and despite all the money never played offensive football under Abramovic. Holland is all about attacking football.

Italian and French teams are perceived as boring and Holland and Germany aren't exactly the best of friends so not much love for German clubs here. The country's filled with Barca lovers. Utd and Arsenal are quite popular as well.

In Bulgaria there are lots of Liverpool fans and of course up there are the likes of United and Barcelona. Chelsea has a good amount of fans too. I was just talking with my mate, that since this Saturday I see people with Chelsea shirts on the street everyday. Always cheer them up even though they are total strangers.

Chelsea is the most supported foreign club in Ghana largely because of Michael Essien and the other African imports circa 2005. There're a lot of passionate fans down here who don't miss a single Chelsea match, which is always available on pay TV. This is my ranking of the most supported foreign clubs in Ghana.

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Arsenal

4. Barcelona

5. Liverpool

6. Real Madrid

7. AC Milan

Chelsea fan base here in Malaysia has growth tremendously over the couple of years. Having said that, largest portion still belong to MU & Liverpool with Chelsea & Arsenal come close to 3th and 4th. Speaking of rivalry, unlike in England here in Malaysia we had a typical fans called ABU (Anything but United) & GEMUK/ means fat in Malaysian (Gagasan Excited Manchester United Kalah/ means Excited of MU loss Congress. They consist of all non-united fans who hold lots of hatred towards MU.

In Egypt, Chelsea are fairly popular, I think thanks in part to Drogba who is well known around here. I think we are now joint first in premier league popularity with United here but no where near barcelona and real madrid. They have always been the most popular, even more popular than local teams. Thankfully though City havent amounted to any popularity since there title win so all is good. :D