How does Chelsea stand in your country?

Yeboii

European teams are very popular in Brazil, I mean, really popular!

When ESPN first came to Brazil (1997) it tried to buy the rights for Brazileirao, but it always got outbided by Globo (open channel). Early 2000s they decided to go for international sports (NFL, NBA, EPL, SERIE A, LA LIGA) and it got extremely popular...

You can often see European Jerseys in the streets, big matches always trend on Twitter and for the past years UCL Final was shown on open channels. I have some friends that prefer abroad football as well.

It is not bullshit when Oscar says he dreams of playing for Chelsea. A lot of youngsters have European Clubs as their final desirable destination!

TOP CLUBS:

1- Barcelona

2- RM

3- Milan

4- Man Utd

5- Chelsea

6- Arsenal

7- Inter / Juve

La Liga giants are on top by a fair margin, but Milan, Man Utd and Chelsea are equally splitted. I would put Barca and Real with 4-5 million fans and EPL and Serie A with 2-3 million. It is pretty high actually, but it can grow. Top Brazilian clubs have 20-30 million fans...

Of course Brazilians have their home teams as 1st suport but they follow very closely their European 2nd team.

Chelseal has an official fan base in Brazil. You can buy membership, tickets (that is how I bought my Munich ticket) and official Chelsea material from them. They also organize trips to London, bar encounters to see games, etc.

It is one of few official fan clubs outside Europe!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Slovenia. The most supported club here is definately Barcelona. Then there would probably be Manchester and Arsenal. And then comes Chelsea, RM, Milan.

But funny thing is that there are official supporters clubs for every big team and the biggest and the best organised is Juventus :D

Of course we are hated here, but nothing more than Barca or United tbh.

Not so popular. Football itself is only a minor sport here after fucking ice hockey and the minority of people that actually love football support either Liverpool, United, Barcelona or Real Madrid. Of course teams like Arsenal, Tottenham, Milan, Juve etc. have their fans too but they're nowhere near as popular as those four.

From my friends and family I know a lot of people who support one of those I mentioned above but I don't know a single Chelsea fan apart from myself so I guess that answers the question. It's pretty much me against everyone else, but I don't mind. :lol:

Not so popular. Football itself is only a minor sport here after fucking ice hockey..

Hey, don't diss hockey! Teemu Selanne was my favourite player for a while. (Never understood why Finland and Sweden play Hockey and Denmark and Norway don't). Anyway, in Canada as with the US, football (or soccer as we call it here) is a pretty minor sport. Hockey rules in Canada to an insane degree. Toronto has a massive immigrant population so it goes crazy during international tournaments and the area I live is particularly Italian so if Italy wins anything, they actually close off the street for the party. We have a huge Italian community here so their top teams are popular. Same with Portuguese teams. In general, like everywhere, you'll see fans from all the big world clubs.

We have a very diverse community in Toronto and have supporters from all clubs. I would say for the most part there are more United and Barcelona fans over here but we do have a solid Chelsea fan base and the amount of Toronto members on here can testify to that.

This was where I watched the CL final

Chelsea's hated in France because of the right-thinking and all the clichés. Same old pile of crap: no history, money flowing... Biaised opinions conveyed by papers, pundits, TV pundits. And then the footballing audience.

Though Marseille's very popular, there's a lot of Drogba fans (haters as well).

Chelsea is an usual kit otherwise, it became common to see Chelsea shirts I think

In New Zealand, Chelsea is not so popular Most are arsenal, liverpool and utd fans, with of course some barca fans who i find very annoying at times.

Ive seen one guy and a ten yr old kid with a Chelsea shirt

I guess down in CHCH its all rugby and sheep shagging.

When I go to regional games, majority of people have liverpool shirts on. (dont know why they where their shirts to a regional game, obviously liverpool aren't playing)

But to answer the question, not a lot of Chelsea fans. Mostly northern clubs and Barcelona

Seen more West Ham fans than Chelsea tbh

Its cool though cause when I a brit talks to me they comment and my shirt and thank me that its not utd, liverpool etc

We have a very diverse community in Toronto and have supporters from all clubs. I would say for the most part there are more United and Barcelona fans over here but we do have a solid Chelsea fan base and the amount of Toronto members on here can testify to that.

Where is that? I know a lot of Chelsea supporters go to Scallywags to watch the matches.

Where is that? I know a lot of Chelsea supporters go to Scallywags to watch the matches.

Realsports bar and grill near ACC.

I've always wanted to go to scallywags as well, I'm aware that's where the Toronto Chelsea support group meet up.

In Israel Barcelona are like the international team, its like almost everyone is a Barcelona fan, its horrible, and from that you can imagine that Chelsea arent a very likable club here. But the main reason i think is the money spending, "no history" and all that... we Chelsea fans are very rare in Isreal, best example is that when im saying to someone im a Chelsea fan the common reaction is "Realy?!", and thats the positive one, i also gets "Why?" with a very disgust face lol. Also the media coverage for Chelsea is very annoying, and its pretty obvious that the main sport channel in Israel pretty much hate Chelsea (And btw thats a channel that just ADORES Barcelona, in the extremist way you can imagine).

But dont get me wrong, for most of the time i realy like it that way, surely dont want it to change. It was so good when we eliminated Barcelona last season... sad faces everywhere ha ha.

Ive seen one guy and a ten yr old kid with a Chelsea shirt

I guess down in CHCH its all rugby and sheep shagging.

When I go to regional games, majority of people have liverpool shirts on. (dont know why they where their shirts to a regional game, obviously liverpool aren't playing)

But to answer the question, not a lot of Chelsea fans. Mostly northern clubs and Barcelona

Seen more West Ham fans than Chelsea tbh

Its cool though cause when I a brit talks to me they comment and my shirt and thank me that its not utd, liverpool etc

yeah i agree, all rugby here. I know 1 guy in my uni who supports chelsea, I only saw 1 guy with a mata shirt in town and 1 kid in the bus with a chelsea keyring, thats about it i guess in Wellington, that i have seen at least.

You guys need to learn how to celebrate :lol: I was in tears running around the pub haha with about 150 other Chelsea fans :lol: