Your IQ score on this test

Melanicus

What is it? I've done one when I was 11 and got 132 (anywhere from 132 to 143 she said). I grew a lot lazier since then and if I took another one of those now, I'd probably get a lower score.

Mine was pretty much the same as yours. When I was 14 the score was between 129 to 142 - or something like that. Maybe it was 129 for one school of thought and 142 for another, I can't quite remember. Of course the test I had to take was much more thorough than this and a lot of it was justifying your anwsers to the adminstrator.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was pretty much the same as yours. When I was 14 the score was between 129 to 142 - or something like that. Maybe it was 129 for one school of thought and 142 for another, I can't quite remember. Of course the test I had to take was much more thorough than this and a lot of it was justifying your anwsers to the adminstrator.

Pretty much the same? Mine is waaaaay higher than yours. :Goober:

Anyway, there was a lot more to my test than this one as well. I remember there were a few jigsaw puzzles I had to do as well as some sequential stuff, some math and a lot of talking. My examiner even asked me, an 11-year-old, the meaning of a political term (I think I got that one right, though). This test, on the other hand, is really one-dimensional because all it tests is your ability to figure patterns out, and I was obviously going to do well on it because of some of my dumb, annoying, OCD-like habits.

My guess, is you also had an EI (emotional Intelligence) test along with an IQ test. The newest school of thought is that it is a mixture of the two that makes someone successful.

I didn't take an EI test. They probably didn't even exist when I took my IQ test.

I'm not going to do this test. It's annoying. I hate pattern-based questions.

The only 'test' I've ever sat was one set by a TV network. Ended up with a score of 118, surprisingly high- I didn't think I'd be much over 105.

@, how did you get 142? Aussie IQ tests don't give out numbers above 130. If you score that well it's just given as '130+'.

I'm not going to do this test. It's annoying. I hate pattern-based questions.

The only 'test' I've ever sat was one set by a TV network. Ended up with a score of 118, surprisingly high- I didn't think I'd be much over 105.

@, how did you get 142? Aussie IQ tests don't give out numbers above 130. If you score that well it's just given as '130+'.

Because mine was a real State certified test? It's completely different to any of these TV or Internet tests.

Complete bullshit nonetheless. I don't believe in the IQ system. If you can prepare for it well enough it wouldn't be too hard to get a score of 150+. Just like everything else with enough practice you become better.

Hahaha Im gana be so shite at this..remember doing the CAT tests at school..whatever they are about..and doing shite in those.And our school for some reason done this thing where they predicted your GCSE grades based on how you done in your test and what grades others in the past with that school had done.Turned out to be utter bollocks.Think 3 of the predictions were right and the rest I got higher then reckoned..still will pass some time lol