Victor Moses

Superblue

It's obvious some people just don't quite understand the concept of squad depth.

I think a lot forget about the concept during the summer, hench the rush of people saying Lukaku will get no game time if we sign a new forward.

Think Mourinho would appreciate having a squad player like Moses. He could be used like how SWP was before by Mourinho.

And not to mention, Moses is one of our only two genuine options on the right flank. Why create unecessary problems by selling him? Last season, we complain about not having enough squad depth and options. Now, when we have (nearly) solved that, people want to sell this player, sell that player at the slightest opportunity and after just 1 season at the club. People have been well spoilt by watching too much of Mata, Hazard, Oscar etc last season...

I didn't say 'sell him' - I said I can see him being sold... there is a difference :)

If we keep him cool, if we lose him - then that's the way it goes... Depending upon the formation - maybe Azpi could provide the width and crosses...?

As you rightly point out though - just when we seem to have strength and depth - we shoot ourselves in the foot :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still remember some user had said that he wasn't 'Chelsea' material. Yesterday's performance was the perfect fuck you to that opinion.

Yeah, a good half against a struggling Inter Milan in a pre season friendly. Perfect fuck you indeed.

I still remember some user had said that he wasn't 'Chelsea' material. Yesterday's performance was the perfect fuck you to that opinion.

He had a poor year last season for us. One good game in a meaningless pre-season match is not a statement of any kind.

people wanted the board to sell him for 9 mil to everton!!!! hahahahah

So?

Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne and Schürrle will most likely always be ahead of him no matter which of the three positions behind the striker and we might even have Rooney coming in before the window closes and he would provide even more options for the attacking midfielder department (while of course playing the majority of games up front). That would make Moses somewhere between sixth and seventh choice and even with heavy rotation there wouldn't be that much games available for him to play and for a player like that £9m is a lot of money if the board decided that the money could be spent more wisely on someone else, namely a midfielder. Don't get me wrong, I really don't mind Moses staying as a squad player but he really isn't that much needed either so whichever option the board and Mourinho decide to go with I'll be happy.

That being said, he had an amazing game last night. More of the same and he'll definitely give Mourinho a nice little problem of deciding who to play with so many good options available but if he stays he really needs to be more consistent. He can have a blinder one day and in the next game makes a half-arsed Benayoun look like Messi.