Victor Moses

Superblue

Another excellent performance. Combines his strength with excellent strength which makes it harder for the opposition to stop him. Like Cundy said in the post-match analysis if he can keep this form up, he might just well play his well in the team against Hull. Very impressed. Always supported him. While many may think he could/should be on his way out I believe he has a point to prove and hope he does. Big season for him!

So now people are realising what some of us were saying all along.

There are those prepared to give the likes of Schurrle a season to bed in and settle down... but poor young Moses is shit from the word go!

:chai:

Not taking anything away from Moses's performances in the last 2 matches because he has been very good but I do wonder if these 2 good performances against both Inter Milan and AC Milan have anything to do with us playing Italian oppositions. I mean, there are hardly any real genuine wingers in Serie A especially one that is direct, strong and pacey like Moses thus making teams like Inter and Milan ill equiped to deal properly with players like this. They have looked somewhat lost against Moses and some of the defending was funny particularly when they tried to press and mark him (and Hazard) tightly only to then get turned over so easily leaving the defenders on the back pedal.

Not taking anything away from Moses's performances in the last 2 matches because he has been very good but I do wonder if these 2 good performances against both Inter Milan and AC Milan have anything to do with us playing Italian oppositions. I mean, there are hardly any real genuine wingers in Serie A especially one that is direct, strong and pacey like Moses thus making teams like Inter and Milan ill equiped to deal properly with players like this. They have looked somewhat lost against Moses and some of the defending was funny particularly when they tried to press and mark him (and Hazard) tightly only to then get turned over so easily leaving the defenders on the back pedal.

Italy is probably the only top league that still has traditional direct wingers like Moses.

I think Moses is never going to be a world-class player, but he is a very useful squad member. We have 6 attacking midfielders/wingers, 5 of them(Schuerrle, Mata, KDB, Oscar, Hazard) are quite similar: great dribbling, great shooting, good passing. Moses is the fast man, he is needed here.

I am sure there will be some matches when his speed and energy can be our joker.

I think Moses is never going to be a world-class player, but he is a very useful squad member. We have 6 attacking midfielders/wingers, 5 of them(Schuerrle, Mata, KDB, Oscar, Hazard) are quite similar: great dribbling, great shooting, good passing. Moses is the fast man, he is needed here.

I am sure there will be some matches when his speed and energy can be our joker.

I'd actually say Schurrle and Moses are in the same category.

And then Hazard KDB Mata and Oscar are the sort of talented magicians playmakers.

I'd actually say Schurrle and Moses are in the same category.

And then Hazard KDB Mata and Oscar are the sort of talented magicians playmakers.

To be honest I have only seen Schuerrle 6 or 7 times in Bayer Leverkusen and reminded me KDB.

Moses is a old fashioned, classic winger. He could have been great at Chelsea in the first Mourinho era. We played 4-3-3 with Duff, SWP or Robben on the wings. Good times :)

I think it is more because games tend to be very open in pre season and moses thrive in those game

He is perfect for the counter attack, he almost always beats the first man for pace and is intelligent enough to pick out the correct pass.

People forget that it was his first season with us, typically players blossom in their second seasons with the club... and he's a young player at that! I'm glad Martinez couldn't lure him to Everton.

I think it is more because games tend to be very open in pre season and moses thrive in those game

Possibly too considering the bigger teams are more likely to attack us thus giving more space for players like Moses to operate as opposed to when playing the lesser teams. I guess we shall see how he performs in the next few games, whether he can keep it up.