César Azpilicueta

Marvin123

He was great again! And the quotes from the below article make me think more and more that he is captain material.

On 15/12/2016 at 0:53 AM, Jason said:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/12/good-defender-good-man.html

Plenty of high praises from the other players. Not just a great player but also a great bloke too!

Ive sometimes wondered IF it was possible for us to upgrade Dave but I must say that it would be very hard for me to think of a better defender to do it with.

Hes really got his head screwed on rightt this season for whatever reason. You can see the confidence and the fun hes having oozing out of him.

Despite Spurs game, I think he is one guy we should take risks for. If we will play 3-4-3 long term... Bring some giant CB in place of Cahill to compensate Cesars'  lack of jumping ability (Van Dijk for example), maybe even put the tallest guy in the middle, and Luiz at the left CB, why not?

17 hours ago, El P. said:

Despite Spurs game, I think he is one guy we should take risks for. If we will play 3-4-3 long term... Bring some giant CB in place of Cahill to compensate Cesars'  lack of jumping ability (Van Dijk for example), maybe even put the tallest guy in the middle, and Luiz at the left CB, why not?

It doesn't compensate anything when opponents are specifically targeting him and bypassing our "giants". Cahill himself stands at 1.93m, same height as Van Dijk, and is our best defender in air. This in itself is not a problem, the problem is that we need to stop crosses from coming in so comfortably, until the Spurs game we did that fairly well.

Not one of us I dont think denys Dave is proper good but we also have to admit that hes got his weaknesses too. Nobody dislikes the lad,, hes Chelsea thru n thru. But if he makes mistakes and teams are going to pick them out then its something that needs to be looked at/

• 3 weeks later...

Theres been 13 players upto now who have played every minute of the 22 games played. Dave is oe of them. We also have Tibo in that list.

most of them are keepers and the rest defenders. With Kean and Gibson 2 of them which shows theyve got something worth us looking into. And nobody can say we doint need any HG players cause we are totally fucked in that department and will be even worse with JT and Bego going it will leave us with 5!!!

We top them up currently with 3 under 21 player. And hopefully with RLC out on loan it leaves us even shorter.

Its going to be a problem for us.

You can already tell he'll go down as one of our most underrated ever. Lists will cover Desailly & Carvalho before him, but he's in the conversation with those IMO. He seemingly has such a non-existent ego that I can't imagine he'd ever imagine where-else he could be but Chelsea. So he must be committed to us in his mind for the long haul which'll only be great. In my eyes our Terry replacement.

10 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

So does this count as an Emanuel signing? Or we not giving him credit cause it worked so well?

No, credit goes to the scout who actually suggested him to the club. If you're going to give credit to a club official for doing some paperwork then what's next, credit to Willian for putting on his shoes?