Lampard's Frustration Over Contract

As Reported on TalkSPORT sports headlines all morning.

Frank Lampard has become "increasingly frustrated" over the lack of progress in his contract talks and wants it sorted out quickly.

Given Lampards agent's history it'll probably be trying to profit on his four goals on Wednesday. I think he'll go anyway, as will a number of others.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think Frank will leave!!

However i don't understand this contract situation! Frank said previously he wants to forget the contract and concentrate on his football! Now he is upset no contract has been offered!

The articles also say that a contract was offered in September but he turned it down.

If he wants to stay and the club clearly want him to stay i really don't understand what is going on. I always asmmued that there was something Frank wanted like more money, or a long contract or something!

At the end of the day he would have got the advice from Harry, Jamie, his agent and Frank Senior to sting them for as much cash as he can.

He'll stay -hes not going to get the same cash anywhere else -and the club dont want to risk upsetting the fans anymore than they have presently.

He always makes some public statement every time his contract is renewable. Usually saying how much he loves the club etc...We love you too fat Frank.

Lol, there is no doubt that Frank wants to stay! And there is also no doubt that the club want him to stay! Which is what makes this situation all the more frustrating.... Maybe Frank and his agent are worried that the club may let him go as part of a massive clear out in the summer. Although they would be bonkers if they did i would doubt they would.

Then: “Frank Lampard has effectively suspended talks with Chelsea over a new contract until the end of the season after admitting that negotiations had broken down, a move that will leave him with only 12 months remaining on his current deal when discussions resume next summer.” “They (negotiations) have gone on quite a long time and, now the season’s started, I’ve told them I don’t want to get involved in negotiations that aren’t going to end well while I’m playing football as it’s a big season for me and the club.” (Guardian August 10 2007)

Now: “I’ve been approached a few times by the club saying they are going to come to me with something and they haven’t.” “They have made contact, but it hasn’t been with any news. They’ve been saying that something is going to happen, but if we wait until the summer and nothing happens then I’ve got a year left which is not a position I want to be in…." (Evening standard March 13 2008)

In the summer he was effectively saying he wanted to leave it til the end of the season. Maybe now the season's coming to an end, with the club not kissing his arse begging him to stay and having not had his best season for us the offers he maybe expected arent exactly overwhelming him either, he's not quite as casual about it all.

I honestly think he'd go if he did get a decent offer but from his point of view he's maybe left it a season too long.

Like a knife through butter there Mischief. Maybe the club do now see him as dispensible, but my gut feeling is that the clubs moneymen are playing Franks moneymen at their own game, and will not just write a blank weekly cheque for him.

Well to be fair the club do have to take some sort of strong stance in contract negotiations. Like Misschief showed, Frank clearly said he didn't want to talk about the contract during the season.... now he is getting all twitchy because he thought the club would come begging and offer whatever he wanted...

Just get it sorted! Everyone wants Frank here still....

These negotiations have been going on for a very long time, and unfortunately the outcome, in my opinion, is already set. Lampard will not be at Stamford Bridge next season all thats happening now is that they are publicly trying to switch the blame to each other. If everything was OK and Lamps wanted to stay and Chelsea wanted him to stay you wouldn't hear anything about it.

Well.....Wonder why he dint raise this topic before? Why raise it after becoming only the second Chelsea player to score 4 goals in a match in the league. Its clearly evident that he is trying to cash in on his 4 goals.

May be the club would offload some of the high earners like sheva, drogba and then probably offer Frank a new contract in the summer.

Guest Lampards Bitch

I think it has been strung out enough. Probs playing on Frank's mind now about what the club want to do. Alot is going atm with shitty inconsistant performances and us wanting Grant out etc so i do believe Frank's contract will be left untill the summer.

I believe he will stay :)