The Official Anime Thread

This storyline reminds me of The Sacred Blacksmith - I found it very entertaining

167746-the_sacred_blacksmith.jpg

for me I watch Adult Swim here in the US on Cartoon Network. I know it's lame, but I don't have the time to keep up. Messageboards & Social Media can help. Also get you an account on kissanime - you can get info on other anime there

That show looks pretty cool I'll add that to my list to watch :)

Yeah here in the UK, cartoon network doesn't show anime anymore (apart from pokemon occasionally). There are no other channels that show it that I know of. I remember a few shows being aired when I was a kid, namely Dragonball Z and Naruto, which is how I first got into anime. But I think the lisceing here in the UK is shocking, I think the British Broadcasting view anime inappropriate for children, a lot of cultural differences. They think its all about sex (to generalize). It's so politically correct in this country, they even toned down Tom and Jerry violence (if you can call it that). I think it's produced in America but even so. But this is a whole different debate lol.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, Pacific Rim) is going to develop this into a TV series for HBO:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-04-24/guillermo-del-toro-develops-monster-manga-as-possible-hbo-show

I don't know what to think about that at all tbh. Done right this could compete with Game of Thrones but I have my reservations into making this in the first place. It's such a classic anime/manga already.

Only open spoiler if you've watched the anime or read manga

I always though Lunge was a character that could be massive if it was developed into a real life tv series. TBH all the characters Tenma, Johan, Dieter etc could hand some actors the role of their lifetime

Ghost in the Shell is also getting a hollywood remake too from the director of the recent snow white film :fainthv9::

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jan/27/rupert-sanders-direct-hollywood-ghost-in-the-shell

I haven't heard any developments , have you?, it will be so hard to make it work, just finding suitable actors that can imitate such quality characters, is in itself seemingly insurmountable.(as you say) Edited by lucio

after Hunter x Hunter & Death Note everything else is so stale... i can't even drag myself through Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo, i'm a disgrace. Code Geass will get its 3rd try from me now but i'm not hopeful

That show looks pretty cool I'll add that to my list to watch :)

Yeah here in the UK, cartoon network doesn't show anime anymore (apart from pokemon occasionally). There are no other channels that show it that I know of. I remember a few shows being aired when I was a kid, namely Dragonball Z and Naruto, which is how I first got into anime. But I think the lisceing here in the UK is shocking, I think the British Broadcasting view anime inappropriate for children, a lot of cultural differences. They think its all about sex (to generalize). It's so politically correct in this country, they even toned down Tom and Jerry violence (if you can call it that). I think it's produced in America but even so. But this is a whole different debate lol.

The debate is here in the States as well. The thing is that the Japanese don't create Anime/Manga for kids. It's for adults. Also there is a lot of stuff cut out of the US versions on Anime/Manga that isn't cut out in Japan. For instance I heard Vegeta has raped Bulma & Trunks is the offspring of that dastardly deed. I have never seen this uncut version of Dragonball Z & I hear there is a lot more of stuff being censored here in the States. I guess we should be learning Japanese anyway if we like the Genre

after Hunter x Hunter & Death Note everything else is so stale... i can't even drag myself through Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo, i'm a disgrace. Code Geass will get its 3rd try from me now but i'm not hopeful

Have to agree with Hunter X Hunter. An absolutely brilliant series.

The new version is better in every aspect IMO. No fillers, fast paced, less censored, and obviously better graphically. It also has an axclusive new arc not shown in the previous animation. If you liked the old HXH you'll love the new one.

Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, DBZ is #1 ofc , One Piece and Hajime no Ippo..... nuff said

I recommend everyone to watch these. New series like Tokyo Ghoul etc are crap compared to these.

The one thing I hate about HxH is the hiatus. It goes on a incredibly long hiatus after a brilliant arc is about to begin.

I was looking forward to the dark continent arc with Ging, Beyond Netero, Pariston etc.

I haven't heard any developments , have you?, it will be so hard to make it work, just finding suitable actors that can imitate such quality characters, is in itself seemingly insurmountable.(as you say)

Sorry for the late reply, missed this. Literally no developments since I've last heard. HBO have a pretty bad track record when it comes to meeting deadlines. Same thing happened with Game of Thrones.

BTW, has anyone heard anything about The fourth and final Evangelion film Evangelion: Final?

Neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg

Nothing new, it's scheduled to be coming out sometime in 2015 though.

Yeah I haven't seen Fate/Zero but hear some very positive reviews about it. Will definitely watch it at some point.

Thanks for reply! I've literally spent all my evening finding out the best way to watch anime on TV, and researching different networks. I'll definitely grab a sub at crunchyroll and possibly funimation later on. It saves downloading the shows to watch. I'm even thinking of buying a Roku Box; I have a few HDTVs around the house, but with the box I can easily connect it up to any one of them depending if I want to be in living room or upstairs in bed.

Being in the UK Crunchyroll is the best way to go, if you don't have a ps3 then a Roku Box or even the chromecast is a must. This is currently my set up:

parasute_zpszofwjo0e.jpg

ssss_zpsoktwtkwq.jpg

migi_zpszxyakwas.jpg

kuroko_zpsriyam4vh.jpg

Truly is a great experience :dance:

I also have a TVX where I have my movies ripped on blu-ray, and other anime which isn't on Crunchyroll:

sss_zpscub9yokg.jpg

I would highly recommend a TViX to anyone. Although I recall they did recently go out of business, any media player should do but the TViX makes no noise and takes up very little space. Seriously some of the best money I have ever spent.

Just finished watching Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:4 Ghost Stands Alone I liked it, but I like all Ghost in The Shell stuff. I was trying to find out more of the characters of this OVA & discovered that a new series would be created off of Ghost in the Shell: Arise. I believe it will be released in the fall.

arise01.jpg

If any of you peeps have more info, please put it on here.

• 4 weeks later...