Brighton Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and No , we needed Eden Hazard and Marko Marin , we dont need Oscar , we have Mata and Hazard can play N10.

We need a number 8 , Lampard can't play now , like he was playing 4-5 years ago , we must bring a Strootman or Modric for exemple , so he can dictate the game from deeper.

If were going to persist with the double pivot it might be worth sticking Romeu and Mikel there, get Oscar to drop back get the ball of them and start the attacks that way, with the fullback's bombing forward.

Not ideal but Lampard, Essien and Meireles in a double pivot is asking for trouble.

so fucking true

lampard, mikel, meireles, essien for double pivot is our huge problem so far

how their movement and passing was awful, all of them

RDM absolutely need to fix that aspect

I'm sorry but what exactly is a number 8 and where on the field does a number 8 play?

A number 8 is in french 'un relayeur' a deep midfielder , the exactly same player than Lampard but more young , Moutinho would be the best choice or Strootman , why ? simply because Frank Lampard is now too old and a bit slow than the previous years , he cant always play and even if he still have his fantastic vision on the pitch , he cant run and tackle everywhere like the Mourinho's Days , and provide the number 10 (Mata or Hazard) a lot of balls in the match , Lampard is an excellent player and my favourite player , but i have to admit that he is not that Frankie that can cover/attack and provide the last passe, maybe i will be wrong in saying that , because Frank has always showed that he is still here , and i really hate this 'hype' of playing the barca way , i'm not a fan of this idea because there is nothing better that the football that wins you title , under Mourinho we never managed to play a beautiful football , but we were winning and no one cares about how , the most important is the result , i prefer a 1-0 than a 3-2 , but its my opinion.

A number 8 is in french 'un relayeur' a deep midfielder , the exactly same player than Lampard but more young , Moutinho would be the best choice or Strootman , why ? simply because Frank Lampard is now too old and a bit slow than the previous years , he cant always play and even if he still have his fantastic vision on the pitch , he cant run and tackle everywhere like the Mourinho's Days , and provide the number 10 (Mata or Hazard) a lot of balls in the match , Lampard is an excellent player and my favourite player , but i have to admit that he is not that Frankie that can cover/attack and provide the last passe, maybe i will be wrong in saying that , because Frank has always showed that he is still here , and i really hate this 'hype' of playing the barca way , i'm not a fan of this idea because there is nothing better that the football that wins you title , under Mourinho we never managed to play a beautiful football , but we were winning and no one cares about how , the most important is the result , i prefer a 1-0 than a 3-2 , but its my opinion.

Agree about pretty much everything in there. I think Lamps is probably playing his last season with us unfortunately. Don't think we can ever truly replace a central midfielder with one of the best assisting records and a scoring record that any striker in the world would be proud of.