Oscar

themightyblue

Well I assume that Oscar is valued at around £20mil by his club, which means that since we're Chelsea, we'd have to pay at least £28mil.

Ryad is at a club where they're in real need of cash, and would probably let him go to us for £15mil at most. Maybe even £12mil.

It looks like he could be off to Marseille though.

I agree about Marvin Martin. Fantastic player.

Yeah martin is really good but isnt he more a CAM?

he plays a lot like fabregas...

That's exactly what i thought when i first saw him play! i think that may be because he kind of runs like Fabregas and it reminded me of him, but he is also very intelligent like Cesc and can open up defenses, But Oscar has pace which Fabregas doesn't really have.

Is this a fresh bid? Or a re-hash of yesterdays news? Didnt Oscar say he didnt want to move for 2 years?

Confused now!

That was when Spurs were linked. He'd say anything to stop those cunts chasing him!

also i don't mean to sound like racist but it's just a strange observation. it seems as if white brazilians have more creativity then black brazilians (who are better dribblers and better sprinters)..anyone else notice that?

Ronaldinho's white?!

£16m for Oscar would be a great piece of business, great alternative to Hulk. Moses/Schurrle, Oscar and Maicon and perhaps Modric and we'd be set for a couple of seasons.

I can't see us getting Schurrle in this transfer window and i would rather see Oscar, Moses and Cesar Azpilicueta come in. That along with Hazard, Marin and KDB being brought back from his loan spell would see us going into this coming season in excellent shape. Just hope RDM know's how to get all these lad's playing well together in a more attacking style!

After some quick research, I don't think Oscar would be particularly good on the right. He seems more Iniesta like than anything, he can probably play on the right but he'd be ineffective.

Maybe he's being thought of as a Modric alternative, I think he'd be good in the pivot with someone like Mikel. Maybe that's why Spurs want him too. It would be funny if they lost Modric and then lost his replacement too.

At Internacional I'd imagine D'Alessandro plays in the hole and Oscar plays deeper.

This video below shows that he likes to drop deep and be involved in build up play...

I don't think he'd be that effective on the right. Not an alternative to Hulk, more of an alternative to Modric IMO.

First why do we need him? Just to be backup? 16mio for a player who can only play in Mata/Hazard position. Unless we go 4:3:3;

------Mikel-------

--Oscar-Lampard---

Hazard-Torres-Mata

He is not winger or CM, but only creative CAM with possible ego. I would welcome any signing, but I realy think first we need winger, then CM with defensive abilities, then RB, then striker and then another creative CAM. And to mention he is not exactly strong player and physicaly loses ball often when bigger player comes around him, he has 179cm and 66kg.

Maybe he's being thought of as a Modric alternative, I think he'd be good in the pivot with someone like Mikel.

I think he has played in the Pivot role before in the national side. However from what I have heard he is more effective closer to goal. I don't think he'd be great in the Pivot role myself. He'd be wasted there. His talents are better suited to play somewhere near/behind the striker.

Perhaps we could lineup like this?

-------------Torres------------

---Mata----Oscar----Hazard

I think he has played in the Pivot role before in the national side. However from what I have heard he is more effective closer to goal. I don't think he'd be great un the Pivot role myself. He'd be wasted there. His talents are better suited to play somewhere near/behind the striker.

Perhaps we could lineup like this?

-------------Torres------------

---Mata----Oscar----Hazard

Exactly, it's either that or him being in the double pivot, and I can't really imagine Mata AND Hazard wanting to flank Oscar, when both prefer playing in the middle. Width would have to come from our fullbacks ala under Scolari, and I think that's way too limiting, even if we did have someone like Maicon and Cole bombing down the wings. It's too one dimensional.