Daniel Sturridge

the wes

We have NO wingers. We're not going to win anything like this. Mata is a midfielder and plays like one, Sturridge is a striker and plays like one.

If you don't see that, you're blind.

I would have given you a +1 of rep, but I can't anymore give rep today.

I am fully agree with you. The only ability Danni shares with wingers, is the pace/speed. But his passing game, and his crosses aren't good enough to be a winger. And on top of things, he has the selfishness of a striker, and because of this he can't become a winger, he has the striker's blood.

And what piss me off, it is that he is a brilliant striker and goalscorrer, but no one (both our board and our managers) looks at him like a striker. Look at his stats, last year he has scored 8 goals out of 12 games and this year 5 goals out of 7 games. He is a prolific striker, and he is the best striker we have at our disposal since Ancelotti's second season has started, yet he's still overlooked when it comes to chose our main attacker.

For his own sake, and our own sake (-> Chelsea's sake), he has to be played as a striker. Because he is the striker who scores on a regular basis whom we need.

I would have given you a +1 of rep, but I can't anymore give rep today.

I am fully agree with you. The only ability Danni shares with wingers, is the pace/speed. But his passing game, and his crosses aren't good enough to be a winger. And on top of things, he has the selfishness of a striker, and because of this he can't become a winger, he has the striker's blood.

And what piss me off, it is that he is a brilliant striker and goalscorrer, but no one (both our board and our managers) looks at him like a striker. Look at his stats, last year he has scored 8 goals out of 12 games and this year 5 goals out of 7 games. He is a prolific striker, and he is the best striker we have at our disposal since Ancelotti's second season has started, yet he's still overlooked when it comes to chose our main attacker.

For his own sake, and our own sake (-> Chelsea's sake), he has to be played as a striker. Because he is the striker who scores on a regular basis whom we need.

Would you play him as a striker over Torres, Drogba and Anelka ?

Would you play him as a striker over Torres, Drogba and Anelka ?

Any day of the week, my friend.

And it isn't a new opinion I have. I say so since... ferbruary, March ?

And ask yourself a question, if you doubt of my point. Would you rather play a man who has scored 13 goals in 19 games, since the end of January, or a striker who can't score anymore / a striker who doesn't have any more the eager to play / a striker who is average.

Any day of the week, my friend.

And it isn't a new opinion I have. I say so since... ferbruary, March ?

And ask yourself a question, if you doubt of my point. Would you rather play a man who has scored 13 goals in 19 games, since the end of January, or a striker who can't score anymore / a striker who doesn't have any more the eager to play / a striker who is average.

No, no I didn't doubt your point. On the contrary, I agree with you.

The problem is that Torres is a 50M signing, Drogba is a club legend and Anelka is still being considered as a useful player. That is why the only way for Danny to play is the wide position. He can adjust and improve and I'm sure he will.

Consistency and stability, he desperately needs that atm. This is a very important period of Danny's career and bashing the youngster won't do any good.

Are you guys aware that Sturridge has only been a regular in the starting squad for less then a year, and that is including his time at Bolton. And he hasn't even played half of a season as a winger, and you guys already saying he can't make it there or he has not future at Chelsea. Really absurd.

Sturridge has done well this season, there are few wingers who has had a better season then him in the PL. His problem is consistency and decision making, and that is going to improve with experience. Once he gets more comfortable on the wing the game will slow down for him, which will lead to better decisions.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I think Sturridge was suffering from another "Carlo" syndrome in the Arsenal game...

Only difference was this time the Italian manager he was trying to impress was Fabio Capello, to get a call-up to the England squad this month...

I think his performance was affected by it...

Sturridge has been in great form this season. One bad game on the wing and I see responses like:

His not good on the wing

1 footed

Not good enough for Chelsea

Get a grip ffs. How many goals and assists has he got for the season? Not too mention he missed the first three games of the season.