Total War: Rome II

Spike

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This appeals to me more than TW: Rome.

Though to be honest, Age of Empires is still better than any strategy game on the market. I spent 4 years between about 9 and 13 on that game. I still go back and play it occasionally.

Big daddy!!!!!

This appeals to me more than TW: Rome.

Though to be honest, Age of Empires is still better than any strategy game on the market. I spent 4 years between about 9 and 13 on that game. I still go back and play it occasionally.

Empire was too broad and often felt thin. The mod community is one of the best, often the mods are good enough to be games of there own.

This is how I would rank them:

Napoleon

Rome

Shogun II

Medieval II

Empire

All incredibly close though. Total War pisses on the Age of Empires series.

Big daddy!!!!!

I didn't cheat on the first AOE because it was far easier, though the second AOE involved plenty of 'Big Daddy' (or 'how do you turn this on' as the cheat code was in the second game). Some scenarios from the second one were fucking difficult though. Like that immensely tough one where you have to take the German army across the Bosphorus while getting shot at by a million cannon galleons and then get them across a desert where the Turks have a seemingly infinite supply of horse archers and siege weapons. That scenario was also impossible to cheat on as you couldn't build a town centre- you had no villagers.

Empire was too broad and often felt thin. The mod community is one of the best, often the mods are good enough to be games of there own.

This is how I would rank them:

Napoleon

Rome

Shogun II

Medieval II

Empire

All incredibly close though. Total War pisses on the Age of Empires series.

Unfortunately, it won't ever piss on AOE for me. Where was Total War when a 9 year old was discovering PC gaming?

These would be my favourite PC games:

1. AOE II

2. FM 2005

3. AOE I

4. FIFA 07

5. FIFA 10

6. GTA San Andreas

7. GTA III

8. GTA IV

9. GTA Vice City

10. FM 2011

I'm not a huge fan of the strategy-type games, except for AOE. Though historical setting often lures me to them. If only there was one set in 1905-1924 Russia :(

Unfortunately, it won't ever piss on AOE for me. Where was Total War when a 9 year old was discovering PC gaming?

These would be my favourite games:

1. AOE II

2. FM 2005

3. AOE I

4. FIFA 07

5. FIFA 10

6. GTA San Andreas

7. GTA III

8. GTA IV

9. GTA Vice City

10. FM 2011

I'm not a huge fan of the strategy-type games, except for AOE. Though historical setting often lures me to them. If only there was one set in 1905-1924 Russia :(

Total War is more like the boardgame Risk whereas AOE is similar to Starcraft or Warcraft. You build your own Empires and Armies by conquering other territories in Total War

Napoleon__Total_War-PCScreenshots20032river_crossing_ambush.jpgNapoleon-Total-War-Multiplayer-Gameplay-Trailer_4.jpg

I didn't cheat on the first AOE because it was far easier, though the second AOE involved plenty of 'Big Daddy' (or 'how do you turn this on' as the cheat code was in the second game). Some scenarios from the second one were fucking difficult though. Like that immensely tough one where you have to take the German army across the Bosphorus while getting shot at by a million cannon galleons and then get them across a desert where the Turks have a seemingly infinite supply of horse archers and siege weapons. That scenario was also impossible to cheat on as you couldn't build a town centre- you had no villagers.

I never did scenarios. Lanned up the computers in the house and played against my friends.

When I got board, I'd get all my peasants to worship the temple, then smite them all.

Doesn't sound as fun any more :(

I never did scenarios. Lanned up the computers in the house and played against my friends.

When I got board, I'd get all my peasants to worship the temple, then smite them all.

Doesn't sound as fun any more :(

I couldn't play online, I had a pirated version :(

online gameing, WTF? when I started gameing there was the NES, yes right not the SNES, and Sega Mega Drive, as it was called hir, Amiga, Commodore... then there was run .....stunts :D

and then we where play'n at LANs alltimeclassics like C&C RA2, AOE I & II...

this time of being everywhere connected and play'n online against each other... it wasn't always like this... boy, If I read through what I've written I get to think I'm sooooo old... hahahaha...

online gameing, WTF? when I started gameing there was the NES, yes right not the SNES, and Sega Mega Drive, as it was called hir, Amiga, Commodore... then there was run .....stunts :D

and then we where play'n at LANs alltimeclassics like C&C RA2, AOE I & II...

this time of being everywhere connected and play'n online against each other... it wasn't always like this... boy, If I read through what I've written I get to think I'm sooooo old... hahahaha...

To be honest the online aspects of Total War are pretty average. The single player is where this badboy shines.

To be honest the online aspects of Total War are pretty average. The single player is where this badboy shines.

if it comes to giantific wartroops fighting against each other in epic wars, then teheres nothing like cossacks for me, sometimes a bit buggy but great fun...

Aw come on, end of 2013? :(

Oh well, at least they are finally making it. Almost all TW players were crying for RTW2 including me... :)

Shit trailer.

The trailer was pretty good for one that wasn't supposed to show any gameplay.