Robin van Persie joins Manchester United

NiclasCFC

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being reported around the net that he can be had for between £20-25m.

If reports that we're in for Cavani are true, why not at least test their resolve and save £10-15m?

Only real downside is his age.

Being reported around the net that he can be had for between £20-25m.

If reports that we're in for Cavani are true, why not at least test their resolve and save £10-15m?

Only real downside is his age.

he`s had a long history of injuries too mate. not so much major ones. but lots of niggly ones the same as Torres has had. whilst he`s been great when healthy.there`s always the risk that very soon they could catch up with him and we be left with another ineffective and expensive striker. his age wouldn`t bother me if he hadn`t had the history of injuries. he`s one helluva finisher.

p.s. i`m a Sopranos fan too.. Paulie Walnuts is my favorite character tho.:)

Ferguson officially confirming a bid must mean they're in advanced talks over the transfer, right?

Surely the old red nose has finally lost the plot? Why would they need Van Rapist when they already have Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck and are most likely going to play a 4-2-3-1 formation similar to ours, with Rooney playing up front most of the time and Kagawa playing behind him?

In my opinion the only club who should be looking to buy RvP is Juventus, who are in desperate need of a top class stiker and they can't afford to be too picky about his injury record and age because there really aren't that many options around for them. Clubs like Manchester United should avoid signing of this kind like the plague.

Ferguson officially confirming a bid must mean they're in advanced talks over the transfer, right?

Surely the old red nose has finally lost the plot? Why would they need Van Rapist when they already have Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck and are most likely going to play a 4-2-3-1 formation similar to ours, with Rooney playing up front most of the time and Kagawa playing behind him?

In my opinion the only club who should be looking to buy RvP is Juventus, who are in desperate need of a top class stiker and they can't afford to be too picky about his injury record and age because there really aren't that many options around for them. Clubs like Manchester United should avoid signing of this kind like the plague.

they could use him although one striker will not be happy in chicharito or welbeck. they will NOT play 4232 like us, they will play 4411 like always with rooney second striker and (if sign him) rvp will play up top with welbeck/chicharito alternating. if you've watched man u (this season especially) sir alex has transformed him to play like cam with advanced role hence the 4411.

RVP i agree COULD be upgrade over other strikers but like Leif said last year was 'the' season before that he was injury after injury after injury.

BUT WHO CARES ITS MAN U!! they can buy whoever aslong as dont interfere with our targets hahahaha

they could use him although one striker will not be happy in chicharito or welbeck. they will NOT play 4232 like us, they will play 4411 like always with rooney second striker and (if sign him) rvp will play up top with welbeck/chicharito alternating. if you've watched man u (this season especially) sir alex has transformed him to play like cam with advanced role hence the 4411.

RVP i agree COULD be upgrade over other strikers but like Leif said last year was 'the' season before that he was injury after injury after injury.

BUT WHO CARES ITS MAN U!! they can buy whoever aslong as dont interfere with our targets hahahaha

Their 4-4-1-1 is basically the same as 4-2-3-1, just a different way of describing the formation. One striker up front, one player behind him, two wingers who play mostly on the opposition half in an attacking role and then two midfielders. If they bought Van Persie to play as their front man and Rooney behind him, then their latest arrival Kagawa will be very unhappy. And if Shinji were to be a starting player they can only have one striker starting and that is undoubtedly going to be Rooney.

Their 4-4-1-1 is basically the same as 4-2-3-1, just a different way of describing the formation. One striker up front, one player behind him, two wingers who play mostly on the opposition half in an attacking role and then two midfielders. If they bought Van Persie to play as their front man and Rooney behind him, then their latest arrival Kagawa will be very unhappy. And if Shinji were to be a starting player they can only have one striker starting and that is undoubtedly going to be Rooney.

well in 4411 their central midfielder will be kagawa, i dont see how he would be unhappy?

well in 4411 their central midfielder will be kagawa, i dont see how he would be unhappy?

Kagawa has never before played CM and I don't think he ever will. That would be like us playing Mata or Hazard at CM and would you honestly want that?

Kagawa has never before played CM and I don't think he ever will. That would be like us playing Mata or Hazard at CM and would you honestly want that?

okay or a 41212, and kagawa a cam, no problems there and still 2 strikers.

and mata in cm? he played there last year in 433! (during avb) first it was lw, then cm, then cam in 4231 during robbie. sooo yeah i could imagine cuz it has happened before.

okay or a 41212, and kagawa a cam, no problems there and still 2 strikers.

and mata in cm? he played there last year in 433! (during avb) first it was lw, then cm, then cam in 4231 during robbie. sooo yeah i could imagine cuz it has happened before.

Is that a diamond with wingers or a narrower one with central midfielders? United are stacked in the winger department so no way they're going to play with the latter one and the first one would be torn to pieces by any decent opposition. At least the games would be entertaining to watch when both sides would score goals for fun. One possibility of course is that they're is planning to buy Van Persie to play on the wings but that wouldn't be very wise, now would it?

I don't believe old red nose is going to make too drastic changes to their formation because it has worked brilliantly before and they were so close to winning the league even last season. If he decides to go after another striker instead of a top class central midfielder then he really has lost it and that is of course what I'm hoping for. :P

And as for Mata. he didn't play CM under AVB, always left wing and a couple of times at CAM around the time AVB got sacked and was desperate enough to try something else rather than the 4-3-3. And even if he did play there once or twice, playing in central midfield in a 4-3-3 is very much different to playing in a two man midfield where defending is also crucial. I don't think I've come across a single person suggesting Mata to play in central midfield of Di Matteo's 4-2-3-1. But again, if United were to play their new star man Kagawa in a position he's not familiar with, I wouldn't complain.

Can't believe I took the time to come up with these posts about United's possible formations because I really don't give a flying fuck about what happens to that club.

Regarding Van Persie, Arsenal have left him out of their squad to the Asia tour. A deal close to being agreed?

Is that a diamond with wingers or a narrower one with central midfielders? United are stacked in the winger department and no way they're going to play with the latter one and the first one would be torn to pieces by any decent opposition. At least the games would be entertaining to watch when both sides would score goals for fun. One possibility of course is that they're is planning to buy Van Persie to play on the wings but that wouldn't be very wise, now would it?

I don't believe old red nose is going to make too drastic changes to their formation because it has worked brilliantly before and they were so close to winning the league even last season. If he decides to go after another striker instead of a top class central midfielder then he really has lost it and that is of course what I'm hoping for. :P

And as for Mata. he didn't play CM under AVB, always left wing and a couple of times at CAM around the time he got sacked and was desperate enough to try something else rather than the 4-3-3. And even if he did play once or twice, playing in central midfield in a 4-3-3 is very much different to playing in a two man midfield where defending is also crucial. I don't think I've come across a single person suggesting Mata to play in central midfield of Di Matteo's 4-2-3-1. But again, if United were to play their new star man Kagawa in a position he's not familiar with, I wouldn't complain.

Can't believe I took the time to come up with these posts about United's possible formations because I really don't give a flying fuck about what happens to that club.

Regarding Van Persie, Arsenal have left him out of their squad to the Asia tour. A deal close to being agreed?

wouldnt think so

what about city?

probably they give more cash than the united in my opinion