Robin van Persie joins Manchester United

NiclasCFC

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really wouldn't mind if we tried to bring him in. He's proven that he can play in tandem with another striker.

He wouldn't cost an astronomical sum, just over £20m as opposed to £35-45m like Cavani or Falcao, he and his family love London, and it would drastically weaken Arsenal.

Yes, he's 28 and has had injury problems in the past, but he won't be asked to single handedly carry a team like he was last season. Another thing to consider is the differences between ours and Arsenals medical staff. Look whatnhappens over there; someone picks up a small nick and is out for months. Wilshere has been out for a fucking year! Remember when JT was injured last season and it was thought he'd be out for like 4 weeks? Came back in 2. Sturridge was going to miss the Olympics because of infection. Makes Olympic squad and praises our medical staff. Gary Cahill with his jaw? Fixed ahead of schedule.

I think he'd be absolutely lethal here. He wouldn't have to move his family, can receive higher wages, and will almost certainly be challenging for EVERY trophy in Europe, including one against City right off the bat.

This could be a brilliant buy, mates. Even if he doesn't work out, he'd sell a shit load of shirts, our global brand will have grown immensely, and we have all of these new sponsorships to cover the cost. We can MORE than afford to take the financial hit if he fails. Can't really say the same if £40m Cavani didn't work.

our medical staff have improved in recent years it seems..Eva.. :wub:

an Arsenal medic could have saved JT`s life a few years back when he got knocked out at Wembley ..not sure if it`s the same team of medics there tho.

Van Persie`s age i wouldn`t have a problem with 28 aint that old. would give us 4 good years depending on how healthy in the long term sense he is.he`s had some wear and tear over the years. if he checks out o.k. he`d be worth a £20m bid. i`d prefer someone like Lewandowski due to him being the ideal age to play now but still 10 years service ahead. but RVP would be a good alternative for the here and now and the next few years.

Cavani, falcao, hulk and lewandawski all seem to be unavailable this season (are all valued to high by the club). If we are to sign a class striker this summer I think it will be RVP. It depends on the actual interest of the Manchester clubs, but of they don't swoop in, I believe we shall. RVP is good and all, but I would prefer a younger, less injury prone striker. Though seeing RVP link up with Oscar mata and hazard would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised there hasn't appeared to be any interest from us towards him, but im glad also. The thought of him in a Chelsea shirt makes me shudder.

It does make you wonder about some Chelsea fans willing to see him in blue. He hates Chelsea and we hate him.

RvP looks to be staying at Arsenal. I don't see Fergie paying 200k a week for a 29 yr old injury prone striker, regardless of how much talent he has.

The injury-prone label is a little unfair. He's played 8 seasons with Arsenal and has played at least 31 matches in 6 of them. He's had some injury problems, but he's hardly Owen Hargraves.

Aside from the fact that he's North London scum, a blue chip striker for competition is the last thing Torres needs right now.

FUCK what Torres wants - it's what's good for Chelsea.

RVP could be a VERY useful addition to our squad this year - I'd rather have him in our team than against us...

Anyway, Torres will man-up now that Didier has gone...

this judas can stay away from chelsea.

How is he a JUDAS FFS - he's a professional footballer with arguably a 'GREAT' talent and he has literally wasted it at Arsenal. What's he got to show his Kids/Grandchildren? Just some DVD's of Arsenal tika-tak football... Think of Ashley Cole - he's built an extension to handle the medals/trophies he's won compared to RVP...

Why not put yourself in HIS shoes, before making stupid statements - WOULD YOU want to win medals/trophies? (Please don't answer - rhetorical question)...

Honestly, this guy is better than HULK IMHO, proven and about 1/2 the price...

this guy is better than HULK IMHO, proven and about 1/2 the price...

You do realize there's a logical reason for that? He's on the last year of his contract, 4 years older than Hulk and would demand much higher wages. Also he also has a history with injuries, next thread please!