Our Best Season?

Best Season  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Our Best Season?

We haven't played quality football this season, but a Champions League trophy we won despite everything thrown at us and a FA Cup won against Liverpool just tops everything for me. We wrote the biggest chapter in our history and I would take another CL trophy over good football....:D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the general consensus - 2004/05 through to 2006/07 were stellar seasons, as was 2009/10 but the expectations were always there.

This season was definately the most satisfying, a fairytale against all odds journey that took me through a number of emotions i never thought i had! I think the feeling after drogba's penalty is also one i have never had, and never will have ever again.

09/10. Smashed goalscoring records, great squad with experience, and a lot of players at their prime. Only thing that team was lacking was a playmaker in the form of Mata. We had Deco, but he was too old and lacked the fitness at that point to feature regularly

Fairy tale season, will never come like this again.

04-05 season might come again with Roman spending big again.

^ Hit the nail on the head. Spend money, get the right manager/ethos and you can have seasons like that again.

Fairy tale campaigns come around once in a lifetime, ‘the feeling’ of winning the holy grail of club football for the first time, and when we least expected it. The second time around won’t have the same novelty, nor circumstance.

This season for the fairytale, But in 09/10 we played so really good attractive football where as in 04/05 we were grinding out alot of results. I'd go for 09/10, and I think we were really unlucky not to win the CL that season as I thought we were the best team in Europe.

09-10 was great, but personally didn't feel as special to me as this one, or in retrospect even 04-05.

It might not have been our season of most quality, but in every other way I'd pick 11-12 any day! Champions of Europe, says it all really :)

We didn't dominate this season, but it was a fairytail and summed everything up, all the old guard came together and finally got what they have deserved for such a long time. Espeically Drogba, he will always be remembered as the king of Stamford Bridge, aswell as the king of Africa, it's a shame he never won his country anything though, maybe he will in the next cup of nations, he will always get into that team.

This season was like no other, and we finally got revenge on those Barcelona bastards.

The best thing though, is that i have so much things to say here, but i would be typing for hours for how good this season was and how relieved i am it all happened. But i must say this, the legends of Matteo and Newton have gotten much higher, and i was so happy for them, seeing them two celebrate and going wild when Torres scored i felt like crying.

I loved Di Matteo's face when we won the Champions League, he had tears down his face looking everything nodding his head smiling.

This year is highlighted because of the UCL, and rightly so! However, we were so bloody poor we 'didn't' even qualify for the UCL next season.

04/05 was hell of a squad, one of the very best to win the title ever.

I'm going to have to go for 11/12. To win the CL the way we did against all the odds. Very very special.

04/05 is close behind though. Both seasons will live with me more than any other.

The Champions League this season was exciting but strange because we were never favourites for any game (knock-outs)...so it was like "ok, what next?!" Obviously the excitement was during the games - not the season as a whole - such as v Napoli, Barca, and Bayern because of how close we were to losing in all those games.

Whereas a successful League campaign is just amazing... Especially 09-10 because of how close United got and the way we were on like 6 -8 goals per game... I loved that season!

In terms of trophies 2011/12, but in style of play 2009/10; that time we play along Barca the best football on earth. Right now we certainly dont play nice football, but with few transfers, it could be start to next big team.