Chelsea FC outbid for Battersea Power Station by Malaysian developers

Great avatar. Cool cool cool.

Haha, thanks. Cant get enough of good old community.

Was in Belfast last november btw, won a trip to the EMAs. Loved the city! (EMAs, not so much)

They'll have some sort of financial plan that says something like, alright we're are gonna pump x amount of money into developing the ground, and we won't our money back within x amount of years. Battersea probably just didn't fit within their business strategy.

Also the owners and community around the site would of had some sort of say of who they wanted to take over the sight. It was either a pretty mall or someshit or a football stadium. I think the (non footballing) community around the site would rather have a mall than a stadium.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, thanks. Cant get enough of good old community.

Was in Belfast last november btw, won a trip to the EMAs. Loved the city! (EMAs, not so much)

They'll have some sort of financial plan that says something like, alright we're are gonna pump x amount of money into developing the ground, and we won't our money back within x amount of years. Battersea probably just didn't fit within their business strategy.

Also the owners and community around the site would of had some sort of say of who they wanted to take over the sight. It was either a pretty mall or someshit or a football stadium. I think the (non footballing) community around the site would rather have a mall than a stadium.

Somebody has to!

The Club and Hammersmith and Fulham Council have both confirmed that Stamford Bridge could be redeveloped to a capacity of 55 to 60k seats. If its 55k it only needs redevelopment of the North Stand and South Stand

If that be done probably be better.Then again might not really bring down prices and we're gana have to find somewhere to play while its going on really cause even if they can have 3 stands open they'd loose out on a lot of money

If that be done probably be better.Then again might not really bring down prices and we're gana have to find somewhere to play while its going on really cause even if they can have 3 stands open they'd loose out on a lot of money

yeah they can probably get a lot done in close season -but they will manage. I remember it was a mess in the 70s when they built the East Stand -they had grand ambitions then of a 50k all seater(for different reasons) but ran out of dosh and sold a load of players.

I would much prefer the redevelopment and stay at the Bridge -and its unlikely the SAYNO campaign will sell now that the club and Council have said redevelpment is feasible

What a shame - it was by far the best option for moving away, could have been iconic.

I think we could manage playing at the Bridge while redevelopment is going on, obviously we could lose some seats for a while but remember when the west upper was being built and the lower was still opened. Also see Molineux last season.

yeah they can probably get a lot done in close season -but they will manage. I remember it was a mess in the 70s when they built the East Stand -they had grand ambitions then of a 50k all seater(for different reasons) but ran out of dosh and sold a load of players.

I would much prefer the redevelopment and stay at the Bridge -and its unlikely the SAYNO campaign will sell now that the club and Council have said redevelpment is feasible

Yeah remember my mum saying about that having a new stand...nearly no playes/club etc

True guess it could be done but with Chelsea and co things seem to go a weird complicated way...and loosing dosh seems to be a bad thing for them.

And if re development does go on and does loose a large number..no doubt have the usual from the complete thick ones 'ooo theres a lot of empty seats'

I got a bit carried away when this ICONIC stadium idea first published, only to hear this disappointing f***ing shit of news, oh god pls make the company which bought the site go bankrupt & sell it to Chelsea for half price

you do have to wonder how many new fans we would not attract if we expanded Stamford Bridge. Some mugs choose to support a team partly because they have a nice stadium and lets be honest apart from the west stand Stamford Bridge is hardly a looker of a stadium

you do have to wonder how many new fans we would not attract if we expanded Stamford Bridge. Some mugs choose to support a team partly because they have a nice stadium and lets be honest apart from the west stand Stamford Bridge is hardly a looker of a stadium

:o its beautiful. I Prefer stadiums like ours or craven cottage to the Emiretes or Ethiad.

This could be a serious problem; Chelsea obviously really really don't think they can expand Stamford Bridge anymore and there really are not many viable alternatives. We simply won't be able to sustain ourselves without a much bigger stadium. Bollocks.