Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Eden Hazard


DavidEU
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

Not a vintage Hazard performance but bar the last 5-10 mins, he was still pretty decent. Also, whenever Hazard is gonna have an off game, are we gonna say stuff like "he's back to his last years form" and what not? Eden was brilliant during the first 3 games, let's not jump the gun and claim that he's back to his 2015 self. That said, He really should've taken the shot instead of passing it to Diego as he was in the better position to score and the angle did not suit Diego at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son with Eden today [emoji7]

I hate Eden Hazard because he hasn't already scored 200 goals for Chelsea and he because was bought for £32 million and because other people like him and because other people hate him and because he h

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

When Hazard isn't involved earlie in our attacking play, (no thanks to Costa and especially Oscar), we struggle to win football matches. And it's not for a lack of trying. He was making a lot of runs off the ball in this game but those two aforementioned players hardly ever passed him the ball.

The first goal was them failing to clear their lines. Second goal, off a deflection. 

Chelsea = no Hazard / no party. This is blindingly obvious. 

Think that couldn't be more obvious in the last 10-15 minutes or so. Everyone's first option to pass to was Hazard.

Honestly, based on what we have seen so far, if we don't have Costa, Hazard and Kante, we are going to be so screwed!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Think that couldn't be more obvious in the last 10-15 minutes or so. Everyone's first option to pass to was Hazard.

Honestly, based on what we have seen so far, if we don't have Costa, Hazard and Kante, we are going to be so screwed!

Exactly Willian, Oscar and Matic are average Joes. Kante, Hazard and Costa are the main guys 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

more than once, he didn´t take on defenders as much as he should, its a shame, because he has that ability and more.

Disagree about him not taking defenders on.

He bottled that one-on-one but on the other hand, he saved our ass (IIRC) by committing a tactical foul when Swansea countered and could have been free on goal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think that couldn't be more obvious in the last 10-15 minutes or so. Everyone's first option to pass to was Hazard.

Honestly, based on what we have seen so far, if we don't have Costa, Hazard and Kante, we are going to be so screwed!

That's why we need Fabregas starting matches and not Oscar. He's the one that has the best rapport with Hazard and they find each other harmonically. Fabregas just has to start unless we'll struggle to win away from home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other players have to step up to reduce the attacking burden on hazard....Willian is frustating as hell.

Today Hazard was good in some parts of game..but he was terrible in the last 10 minutes of the match....Don't know what happened to him during that time ..he was acting like headless chicken..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

When Hazard isn't involved earlie in our attacking play, (no thanks to Costa and especially Oscar), we struggle to win football matches. And it's not for a lack of trying. He was making a lot of runs off the ball in this game but those two aforementioned players hardly ever passed him the ball.

The first goal was them failing to clear their lines. Second goal, off a deflection. 

Chelsea = no Hazard / no party. This is blindingly obvious. 

Costa has, with Hazard, won a lot of points for us this season. Hazard was extremely average today and Costa was very good, yet you always seem to criticise the former and think the latter is immune from it. That's not fair. 

Would love to see these countless off the ball runs Hazard did today too, because I just watched the game again and he didn't have that many. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jason said:

Disagree about him not taking defenders on.

He bottled that one-on-one but on the other hand, he saved our ass (IIRC) by committing a tactical foul when Swansea countered and could have been free on goal.

A tactical foul that came about from him losing the ball just before. Wouldn't praise him for that. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

We need support for him. Do people think he will perform week in week out on his own. When we get stuck we give him the ball and hope he pulls something out. Only Mata and Cesc have been on his wavelength both in intelligent ability in terms of ball retention. Dont mean to bash a player but we need a upgrade on Willian. Everytime he gets the ball i know he's going to shimmy and flick it to his right foot and i dont have a week off to study him before a match

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jason said:

Disagree about him not taking defenders on.

He bottled that one-on-one but on the other hand, he saved our ass (IIRC) by committing a tactical foul when Swansea countered and could have been free on goal.

he did lose the ball for that counter and made up for it with the foul lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry but Eden is a weird weird player man. I've tried really really hard to understand him but I'm struggling to understand how he can just seem content with not having the ball. And how he doesn't want to be the difference week in week out. We all have doubts over his mentality and on Sunday it was clear as day what he's like. Didn't seem to care too much when he didn't touch the ball in a dangerous area for 10-15 mins. Didn't care too much when he did receive it because -barring one ocassion- he didn't do anything with it. I feel like this season he's been instructed NOT to come deep and pick up the ball like he did in previous seasons, but my lord.... how can you be the main man of the team if you don't show for the ball. 

I was super dissapointed in his finish after the run.. he had the entire left side of the goal gaping.. it seemed to me that he tried to put it through the keepers legs like he did against De Gea but you could see his not a very good finisher from the way he lost composure and fucked himself up with the touch right before he shot.

And then the other 1v1 looooooool. I almost fucking threw my phone at the TV. It's acc confirmed he's a serial pussy. How you can do that when your team is 2-1 down (and the way we conceded the two goals were the most annoying ways possible).. how you can see that and then have a chance to equalize and you just jump out the way????? Fuckkk sake...

I think I've lost all hope in him being a top top Ballon D'or winning player if I'm honest. Maybe he's just not as good as we all think he is forreal..

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mustafa said:

I'm sorry but Eden is a weird weird player man. I've tried really really hard to understand him but I'm struggling to understand how he can just seem content with not having the ball. And how he doesn't want to be the difference week in week out. We all have doubts over his mentality and on Sunday it was clear as day what he's like. Didn't seem to care too much when he didn't touch the ball in a dangerous area for 10-15 mins. Didn't care too much when he did receive it because -barring one ocassion- he didn't do anything with it. I feel like this season he's been instructed NOT to come deep and pick up the ball like he did in previous seasons, but my lord.... how can you be the main man of the team if you don't show for the ball. 

I was super dissapointed in his finish after the run.. he had the entire left side of the goal gaping.. it seemed to me that he tried to put it through the keepers legs like he did against De Gea but you could see his not a very good finisher from the way he lost composure and fucked himself up with the touch right before he shot.

And then the other 1v1 looooooool. I almost fucking threw my phone at the TV. It's acc confirmed he's a serial pussy. How you can do that when your team is 2-1 down (and the way we conceded the two goals were the most annoying ways possible).. how you can see that and then have a chance to equalize and you just jump out the way????? Fuckkk sake...

I think I've lost all hope in him being a top top Ballon D'or winning player if I'm honest. Maybe he's just not as good as we all think he is forreal..

Mate, spot on! I couldn't believe it when He didnt just put the ball to the left side of the keeper but tried to nutmeg him instead! I couldn't let it go for the rest of the game. That would have been game over!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We started ruining him when we kept him as a winger. We should've seen that he was supposed to progress as a player after leaving Lille, not stay the player he was. He had the potential to become one of the greatest playmakers, but our coaches didn't want to see it. It's too late now me thinks to change how his mind instinctively reacts to things on the pitch so it's our loss now, but what could've been, would've been beautiful. He should be deployed the exact way De Bruyne demands to be. Neither player is a winger, and even so, out of the 2, De Bruyne has more winger qualities.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn't have a horrible game. But when you watch him at his best, it's hard to accept a performance like that because it was clear that it could have been a much better game if he was more determined.

Wish he had Sanchez's mentality. Dude is always so confident and never shy to force something. Don't think it'll chance now though, it's too late.

Still a world class player though.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...