Eden Hazard

the wes

Why does this discussion about his wages and wether he deserves them come up now after one of his best spells at Chelsea? Seems strange.

If 5-6 of the world's best teams are fighting for his signature, isn't it normal that eventually some of them will offer 100k+ wages?

Times change lad..

Wether it's deserved? Ofc not, noone deserves to earn such an amount to play a sport. Not even the greatest of the bunch, but hey that's football anno 2013

And nearly all of them make more than 110k/week so what the heck is your point, apart of the attempt to name players you think are at the moment better than Hazard?

Think my point was clearly made. Is Giggs better than Hazard? No but his contributions for United is great. Players who have contributed to the club in a fashion that they have deserved their wages, success/consistency/figure and role at the club. I don't like giving out massive amounts of wages to players who just arrive here when there have been legends at the club, Lampard, Terry, Ferreria, Cech, who worked and contributed hard for this club to earn their wages and that goes for all top clubs. He is a raw talent and his price was heavy, hopefully he delivers with the highest amount of quality as he has already done well for his first season .

Times change lad..

Wether it's deserved? Ofc not, noone deserves to earn such an amount to play a sport. Not even the greatest of the bunch, but hey that's football anno 2013

True

Shirt Sales, Contributions to the club, role and key figure to a side, etc. Lots of aspects go into matching a player wages and only some can actually be truly labeled to actually match their wage.

I'm only stating this because it only takes one bad game where somebody jerks from nowhere and states all we have is a 'group of over paid cunts'. I've seen it happen too many to count.

His play style has changed a lot. He now changes wings with Mata, goes deeper to pick the ball, runs everywhere, not just on wing. He takes on defenders much more and loves to dribble. Defending wise he improved, he tracks the ball and sprints even more.

Hm imagine him with some good coach and give him a year more to adjust to PL?

His play style has changed a lot. He now changes wings with Mata, goes deeper to pick the ball, runs everywhere, not just on wing. He takes on defenders much more and loves to dribble. Defending wise he improved, he tracks the ball and sprints even more.

Hm imagine him with some good coach and give him a year more to adjust to PL?

He's always looked more dangerous when playing through the center. The rotation between Mata and Oscar can only be worked to perfection given with a proper manager

He has improved a lot , and if i don't get banned for blasphemy . He's better than Mata . He's always looking out for players and he doesn't shoot unnecessarily which what makes him better.

He's definitely got a higher ceiling that Mata. Oscar does as well.. But no, imo not at the moment. Mata has been tremendous this season.

He's definitely got a higher ceiling that Mata. Oscar does as well.. But no, imo not at the moment. Mata has been tremendous this season.

Mata has been Tremendous , absolute class if you'll look at his stats but well he could have done better imo , if only he wasn't too busy searching for the goals himself . Just against West ham , we were on the counter , Mata had the ball and Hazard was waiting clear and there was like only two west ham defenders around and no one close to Hazard . lol at what mata did , he delayed his pass tried to cut inside and shoot only to get cleared by a west ham defender <_<

He's been doing this all season and he only gets away cause of his extraordinary skills but well , I personally sees a great person inside him and wants to see the same on the field .

I just wants to see the best of him . #nohateplssss

Mata has been Tremendous , absolute class if you'll look at his stats but well he could have done better imo , if only he wasn't too busy searching for the goals himself . Just against West ham , we were on the counter , Mata had the ball and Hazard was waiting clear and there was like only two west ham defenders around and no one close to Hazard . lol at what mata did , he delayed his pass tried to cut inside and shoot only to get cleared by a west ham defender <_<

He's been doing this all season and he only gets away cause of his extraordinary skills but well , I personally sees a great person inside him and wants to see the same on the field .

I just wants to see the best of him . #nohateplssss

With due respect dude if he didn't went for searching goals for himself we would have been far lower in the league table maybe even out of the cups...one should appreciate the fact that that he has been involved in more than 1/3 goals of our whole season and sometimes of the season he and hazard has carried our team single handedly and been an inspiration for others to perform... Great player Mata # respect...

I fail to understand the teachings behind that pic comparing Iniesta/Xavi with Mata/Hazard (goal/assist-wise).

They do not play at the same position. Moreover, they do not have the same role in the formation and same role/job within the team. That's not really relevant to compare these two duets, especially with Xavi. And, them two duets have not played the same amount of games (72 games for Barça's players, 101 for ours). I don't know.....

I fail to understand the teachings behind that pic comparing Iniesta/Xavi with Mata/Hazard (goal/assist-wise).

They do not play at the same position. Moreover, they do not have the same role in the formation and same role/job within the team. That's not really relevant to compare these two duets, especially with Xavi. And, them two duets have not played the same amount of games (72 games for Barça's players, 101 for ours). I don't know.....

Yes gotze and reus on the other hand are very comparable with mata and hazard.

About some of the lines of thinking in this thread that I find off:

It is human nature to be interested in social comparisons. How much people earn. What we think of them and so on. Life is interesting because of this :

http://www2.psych.ubc.ca/~schaller/528Readings/Festinger1954.pdf .

Festinger is an icon - The Messi that dribbles between people that love to compare. Especially on money :-) Does that mean social comparisons determine a mean true worth? I wonder?

It is also so that groupthink is a threat sometimes/more then sometimes:

This way of bandwagoning is very present in here. The opinions infecting each other about eg. Hazards twitter thing and the opinions herein are situated in that domain.

+ We do looooooove gossip . You know what? Fuck this :-) Enter a colleague I find is doing great :

http://www.ethesis.net/gossip/gossip_contence.htm

See why people think twitter is important in the evaluation of a player - eg Hazard.

+ third argument: it i sucks because we pay for him. True .... from a philosophical point of view thats spot on!! They DO NOT deserve 100.000 for kicking a ball. But thats not what it is - it is FOOTBALL and we love it. So supply and demand is there. And ... enter those high numbers, no matter if they ever deserve that. Hazard, well, that was a very high demand resulting in a very, very steep price.

He sure proved it now, didn't he?.