Eden Hazard

the wes

People see what they want to see. That's why you're getting so many headlines about him kicking the ball boy when it seems pretty clear that he kicks the ball from under him. Should he have done it? Probably not, but Eden was trying to get on with the game and win it for us. He showed a bit of passion that was missing from so many other players' performances last night and some little shit was on a mission to slow the game down.

I'm never going to criticise a Chelsea player for caring too much about the performance and trying to get the win, especially when I don't think he's done much wrong. Honestly, I don't give a fuck how bad it looks on tv or how bad a PR disaster it is because I want players to play for the badge and give their all. That's what used to count to supporters of this club, not how shit affects the sales of fucking lunchboxes with Hazard's face on them.

THIS.... :worship: :worship: :worship:

honestly i cant remember when the fans started caring more about the club's pr and t-shirt sales more than the effort put in by the players...

With the exception of Rio Ferdinand (surprise) it should be noted that other footballers have defended Hazard.

No doubt though that the media will lean on this until the FA throw the book at him.

Rio is only going against the grain because he and his family have an issue with Chelsea.

Hazard did nothing wrong and it's a disgrace that he was sent off. I can't believe there is the possibility of a longer ban or fine. It's simply unbelievable how silly football has become. Makes you not want to bother any more.

Joey Barton's reaction...

Spot on, apart from the last part which is classic Joey Barton. I'm surprised pretty much no one, Barton aside, has called for Swansea to be fined for this. Their job is to get the ballboys to do their job and nothing else. Of course it's normal for them to take advantage of the situation and delay the game a little when the home team are ahead but what that cunt did was laughable, shielding the ball with his whole body so the game can't continue. And who the hell is a ballboy at 17 anyway?

Too bad he's the son of the Swansea director Martin Morgan. When the game was still on I was calling Swansea to be fined a hefty sum for that and thought about how hilarious it would be if they then sent the bill to the ballboy's family, but it's not so funny anymore after I found out the kid's the son of a multi-millionaire hotel owner. By the way, Chelsea stayed in the ballboy's dad's hotel. :lol:

With the exception of Rio Ferdinand (surprise) it should be noted that other footballers have defended Hazard.

No doubt though that the media will lean on this until the FA throw the book at him.

Rio Ferdinand has never fitted in with footballers. He's always been like that kid at school who tries to hang around with the cool kids, despite them constantly taking the piss out of him.

I'm seriously worried that I almost agree with something Barton said though. He goes a little further than I would but anything other than 'Hazard kicks ballboy' is being ignored by the press and it's utterly shameful. Even occasionally decent 'journalists' like Dan Levene have gone for the sensational over the fair-minded approach, although if I wrote for the Fulham Chronicle (is there enough going on in Fulham to require a daily chronicle of the events?) I'd be inclined to blow this up as much as possible.

If Hazard didn't kick that ball boy then why the heck did he apologize? Probably he did not 'kick' that boy but the way he took the ball away from the boy didn't look good. And you can't really stop the media from creating a mountain out of mole hills.

Really, now I wish we had José as our manager. You can imagine him talking/being furious about it :D

You can probably bet on it! He will go on a rant to take the pressure off Hazard and heap it on himself, like what Fergie tends to do when protecting his players. And Mourinho does tend to do it anyway.

Was he forced to do so?

The Chairmans son/Ball youth was invited to meet the players immediately afterwards. Hazards amateurish TV apology -top clubs have an incredible fast reacting PR department that instructs players when and how to speak to the media. Not forced. ''advised'' as per his contract with all departments of the club and its policies