Eden Hazard

the wes

Sam Wallace@SamWallaceIndy

Swansea confirm that police have interviewed ball-boy & his father & no charges will be pressed

Daniel Taylor@DTguardian

Swansea statement: police have interviewed boy and his father and will not take it further. Common sense!

Thank goodness for that!

But it still hit the kid.

This stupidity has hurt the image of the club.

nothing hazard can or could do can ""hurt"" the image of the club than it already has been. we are the ""rich, spoilt, bad boys"" for the english media and the footballing world in general.

swansea had probably trained their ball boys to do this because it wasn't just one but all of them, which is a bit of a disgrace and disrespect towards the game. Anybody would be frustrated. i remember a throw in for which mata had to run back about 10-15 metres to give the ball to azpi because thats where the ball boy had thrown the ball. if anythin it is swansea who should be getting the stick...

by the way what the hell was the ball boy doing in that position anyways... behind the goal and in front of the banners. i mean is not tht the goalies ball to retrieve. i remember cech being yellow carded against barca for being slow in retrieving the ball from behind the goal. but obviously no one would question that.

IMO, hazard does not deserve the stick he is getting for this. he might have "hit" the ball boy but it was merely a toe poke to get the ball from underneath the boy. there are so many flying tackles and shit in football but this is not one of them. i dont think hazard had any intention of hurting the kid which is the most important thing for me.

I dont get people saying Hazard made a mistake. Obviousley he did nothing wrong.

He hit the ball.

The kid dived.

The kid went into the Chelsea dressroom and apologized.

The police talked with the kid and his father; they wont press charges.

Now, Hazards red card should be revoked. But no, the way things work in England Hazard will probably end up being given a 5-match ban. PATHETIC.

The kid needs a slap in the face and never ever be allowed to be a ball boy EVER again.

I dont get people saying Hazard made a mistake. Obviousley he did nothing wrong.

He hit the ball.

The kid dived.

The kid went into the Chelsea dressroom and apologized.

The police talked with the kid and his father; they wont press charges.

Now, Hazards red card should be revoked. But no, the way things work in England Hazard will probably end up being given a 5-match ban. PATHETIC.

The kid needs a slap in the face and never ever be allowed to be a ball boy EVER again.

Pathetic is to have members who actually think he did nothing wrong!

Unbelievably irresponsible. Will probably face a lengthy ban. Our squad is thin as it is, the last thing we needed was losing a key player a key player. It doesn't matter f he was aiming for the ball, he should not put himself in a position where he may let his club and teammates down like he did tonight. That is not to mentions him supposedly being a role model.

Completely unprofessional, I expect a hefty fine from the club as well.

Has anybody got a link to Hazard's interview with Chelsea TV?

Noel Hunt's tweet is brilliant - "I kick the ball from under my niece like that and she starts laughing she's only 2! Mountain out of a mole hill!! Sorry guys #opinions"