Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Eden Hazard

DavidEU
Followers 9

I fail to understand the teachings behind that pic comparing Iniesta/Xavi with Mata/Hazard (goal/assist-wise).

They do not play at the same position. Moreover, they do not have the same role in the formation and same role/job within the team. That's not really relevant to compare these two duets, especially with Xavi. And, them two duets have not played the same amount of games (72 games for Barça's players, 101 for ours). I don't know.....

• Like 2
  • Replies 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son with Eden today [emoji7]

I hate Eden Hazard because he hasn't already scored 200 goals for Chelsea and he because was bought for £32 million and because other people like him and because other people hate him and because he h

Posted Images

I fail to understand the teachings behind that pic comparing Iniesta/Xavi with Mata/Hazard (goal/assist-wise).

They do not play at the same position. Moreover, they do not have the same role in the formation and same role/job within the team. That's not really relevant to compare these two duets, especially with Xavi. And, them two duets have not played the same amount of games (72 games for Barça's players, 101 for ours). I don't know.....

Yes gotze and reus on the other hand are very comparable with mata and hazard.

About some of the lines of thinking in this thread that I find off:

It is human nature to be interested in social comparisons. How much people earn. What we think of them and so on. Life is interesting because of this :

http://www2.psych.ubc.ca/~schaller/528Readings/Festinger1954.pdf .

Festinger is an icon - The Messi that dribbles between people that love to compare. Especially on money :-) Does that mean social comparisons determine a mean true worth? I wonder?

It is also so that groupthink is a threat sometimes/more then sometimes:

This way of bandwagoning is very present in here. The opinions infecting each other about eg. Hazards twitter thing and the opinions herein are situated in that domain.

+ We do looooooove gossip . You know what? Fuck this :-) Enter a colleague I find is doing great :

http://www.ethesis.net/gossip/gossip_contence.htm

See why people think twitter is important in the evaluation of a player - eg Hazard.

+ third argument: it i sucks because we pay for him. True .... from a philosophical point of view thats spot on!! They DO NOT deserve 100.000 for kicking a ball. But thats not what it is - it is FOOTBALL and we love it. So supply and demand is there. And ... enter those high numbers, no matter if they ever deserve that. Hazard, well, that was a very high demand resulting in a very, very steep price.

He sure proved it now, didn't he?.

• Like 3