Eden Hazard

the wes

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Huh? Are best and highest paid players have to be our hardest working! It has a negative affect on the dressing room when your best players don't set the standard.

That's kinda weak. Regardless of their wages, they should be showing the same level of commitment, desire and performance in every week. It doesn't matter if one earns more than the rest. And we shouldn't forget that these players are humans too, they aren't robots. Should at least be showing some form of understanding and finding out what's the reason(s) when players aren't performing as they should be.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's kinda weak. Regardless of their wages, they should be showing the same level of commitment, desire and performance in every week. It doesn't matter if one earns more than the rest. And we shouldn't forget that these players are humans too, they aren't robots. Should at least be showing some form of understanding and finding out what's the reason(s) when players aren't performing as they should be.

Its not though. Hazard has developed a reputation for being a lazy player without the ambition to reach his potential... Many say that about him. I think you're missing what I am saying about wages and skills. When John Terry and Frank Lampard were our highest paid players there was a responsibility that came with that, not only as leaders for the club but also as our best player to work hard and justify the salary. You don't get paid those sorts of monies strictly for your potential, your work ethic and commitment to the team is also taken into account(unless you're Torres) 

Hazard has gone longer than Torres and Shevy in terms of minutes between goals. That is the startling realization that most of you have to wake up to... This is woefully as bad as where we are in the table and I think there is a correlation there as well.

4 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

He's a one contract player who will cost a fortune. just doesn't seem like the type of player to re-invest a hazard sum for. 

Stop the madness mate. Chelsea is not a club that buy players thinking about selling then later. 27 years old is not even close of being "too old'. Actually I believe the problem with this team, is paying too much for players like Hazard and Oscar,  unfinished products.

14 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Its not though. Hazard has developed a reputation for being a lazy player without the ambition to reach his potential... Many say that about him. I think you're missing what I am saying about wages and skills. When John Terry and Frank Lampard were our highest paid players there was a responsibility that came with that, not only as leaders for the club but also as our best player to work hard and justify the salary. You don't get paid those sorts of monies strictly for your potential, your work ethic and commitment to the team is also taken into account(unless you're Torres) 

Hazard has gone longer than Torres and Shevy in terms of minutes between goals. That is the startling realization that most of you have to wake up to... This is woefully as bad as where we are in the table and I think there is a correlation there as well.

I don't think Hazard is lazy, he already reached his potential. Other people were the ones saying he could be the best player in the world, but I don't think thats the case. For me he is a player like Ribery or Robben, great but not the best.

23 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

ts not though. Hazard has developed a reputation for being a lazy player without the ambition to reach his potential... Many say that about him. I think you're missing what I am saying about wages and skills. When John Terry and Frank Lampard were our highest paid players there was a responsibility that came with that, not only as leaders for the club but also as our best player to work hard and justify the salary. You don't get paid those sorts of monies strictly for your potential, your work ethic and commitment to the team is also taken into account(unless you're Torres) 

Hazard can certainly do more to fulfill his potential but don't think I would classify him as lazy. If he was as lazy as you said, we wouldn't have seen the many of the great performances he put in over the last 2 seasons or so. I seriously don't get why you're using 'wages' to judge the level of expectations (didn't you say it's about fighting for the club and the badge?). When you're playing for Chelsea, you expect the same things from everyone. It's not all about the wages!

23 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

It is rubbish that Hazard hasn't scored like in nearly 30 games ( :doh:) but comparing an attacking midfielder with two strikers - players who are meant to be scoring goals - seems a tad harsh. Stats do say he's rubbish but in reality, he hasn't reached the Torres-level of point-of-no-return.

18 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Bale is not leaving Madrid to join a club outside the CL lol. If he does leave it'll be for United.

That's what I was thinking.. people are talking like we can just sell Hazard and reinvest the fee in quality replacements. I think some underestimate how big a disaster missing the CL is for a club like ours.

6 hours ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Use him as leverage to get Varane, then we can buy Isco/James/Reus and end up with a better squad if we're selling.

and why would any of them, let alone more than one - would come here?

WE won't play UCL, we aren't one of the big guys and we don't have a clue who our manager will be, but with Pep already in Manchester basically, there aren't any big games that would attract people here.

I don't think our spending policy will revert to what it was back when Roman bought the club, so we won't be spending more than City for example. We don't have a powerhouse name like United has, two of those players are already in the biggest club of the world (even if not the best). I don't know, but people are forgetting two important things when they talk about selling one of the few real talents we have here: 1) we aren't attractive as other clubs; 2) there aren't many good talents in general, much less looking or willing to do a move (a downgrade for most of them). That's not to mention we aren't the big spenders we used to be, but I won't write this on stone because if Roman decides for it, he'll spend a crazy amount again.

There's no reason why we should sell Hazard. He's going through a slump, the season's prospects we have  won't offer him much motivation to find his best form. Let the guy be, it's better for him to have an off season when we suck, rather than we really need him to achieve success and glory. We don't stand a chance at all in UCL, FAC is irrelevant for a player to play out of his mind for. So, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Also Hazard >Varane and definitely Hazard>Isco. Maybe James could be the same level, and Reus is a suicidal signing. He spends way too much time injury, which makes him a liability.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Stop the madness mate. Chelsea is not a club that buy players thinking about selling then later. 27 years old is not even close of being "too old'. Actually I believe the problem with this team, is paying too much for players like Hazard and Oscar,  unfinished products.

It is though to pay big money. What would the fee be on Bale? 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Hazard can certainly do more to fulfill his potential but don't think I would classify him as lazy. If he was as lazy as you said, we wouldn't have seen the many of the great performances he put in over the last 2 seasons or so. I seriously don't get why you're using 'wages' to judge the level of expectations (didn't you say it's about fighting for the club and the badge?). When you're playing for Chelsea, you expect the same things from everyone. It's not all about the wages!

It is rubbish that Hazard hasn't scored like in nearly 30 games ( :doh:) but comparing an attacking midfielder with two strikers - players who are meant to be scoring goals - seems a tad harsh. Stats do say he's rubbish but in reality, he hasn't reached the Torres-level of point-of-no-return.

You have your opinion and others have there's... Like I said many people believe he is lazy (Coach Wilmots) and doesn't work hard enough to reach his potential. Wages are important, you give the biggest wages to those who work the hardest and possess the best skill. You don't reward those who are lazy and not working to their full potential; with the wage demand comes a greater responsibility. Of course as a professional there is a level of commitment that must be met but as a talisman and the highest wage earner the weight is greater, even if only in public opinion. I want everyone to work hard but I don't want my best player and highest earner to be one of the worst in terms of commitment. Maybe that's me but if I pay someone 1M to do a job and I pay someone $5.00 to do the same job, I expect the guy I pay 1M to, to work his ass off.

Definitely not the Torres levels but it is extremely alarming, especially right after winning player of the year.

Sell hazard as soon as possible. His peak performance is over. He's no longer want to play for us. His agent has a big influence on his decision to determine his football career, IMO. Any big agent fee offered should tempt Hazard to leave Chelsea.

Move on. Find a new key player. I believe in Emenalo