Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Eden Hazard


DavidEU
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

If he is willing to go way down in wages and if RM dont want no more than 40M then I'll say he is worth a punt as a game changer etc. He could still do damage if taken care of properly.....will we see him here again? I doubt it.

Nah only loan him if anything. They must be taking the piss if they think anyone is still gonna pay 40m for an ageing Hazard.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son with Eden today [emoji7]

I hate Eden Hazard because he hasn't already scored 200 goals for Chelsea and he because was bought for £32 million and because other people like him and because other people hate him and because he h

Posted Images

Could be the game changer for us and I'd have him back in a heartbeat. When you look at Man city Liverpool Utd, each having someone who can single handedly win games. We need that. 

However, tuchel will need to go 4 at the back to make space for another midfielder.

 

We're a big club. If he comes and doesn't work - so what. We have a good team already. Many players in the squad of quality. 

Anyone else who would be available will cost 100+ million and even those players are all almost taken for sure by other clubs. 

We had our last year transfer window where we spent big and got 2 of Germany's biggest new stars. They'll come good next season.  Sure of it. They need one more midfielder around them who is decisive and inspires confidence.

We need a striker too though. Lukaku maybe with hazard?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a grave mistake if we brought him back now.

It makes no sense with the kind of investment we are currently making: abundance of promising younger players who need to develop.

We are also going for a high intensity game, which really does not fit Eden's style. He was already a bit overrated at his prime, nowadays, with his poor work rate and injury proneness... stay clear.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

We're a big club. If he comes and doesn't work - so what. We have a good team already. Many players in the squad of quality. 

We criticize the club for buying shit players and now there's people just brushing it off like it's nothing.

15 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

We had our last year transfer window where we spent big and got 2 of Germany's biggest new stars. They'll come good next season.  Sure of it. They need one more midfielder around them who is decisive and inspires confidence.

Midfielder? If Hazard comes back, he would essentially be taking a space from Havertz, Werner or one of the attackers. How exactly does that inspire confidence? People need to realize that the current Hazard is not the Hazard that left the club 2 years ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nah only loan him if anything. They must be taking the piss if they think anyone is still gonna pay 40m for an ageing Hazard.

Yup but would RM go for a loan though? Highly unlikely imo, but he aint coming here anyway as others have said we operate differently now regarding how we press etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yup but would RM go for a loan though? Highly unlikely imo, but he aint coming here anyway as others have said we operate differently now regarding how we press etc.

The did it with Bale. Always depends on how desperate they are to get rid of him. If they view him as deadwood they might even subsidize some of his wages. But I also doubt we would go for him. No palyer is exempt from pressing under TT and I also don't think Eden would get away with his attitude in training now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if it's only a loan, taking the current Hazard back would just be stupid and a waste of space. This is not the same Hazard that left the club two years ago. Since he went to Madrid, he has suffered like 5000 injuries and has barely been able to string together any sort of consistent performances. In fact, in the two years at Madrid, he has made only 43 appearances or played only 2,441 minutes in all competitions. For context, that's less than 12 of our players who have managed more this season alone. Heck even our own player who is susceptible to injuries aka Pulisic has managed to play 2,428 minutes this season. Given all those injury problems, his advancing years and the lack of care for his fitness as well as wellbeing, it's very likely he is way past his peak and is no longer able to play at a high level and at the level he was used to.

On top of that, how many attackers do we need? If we are not going to sell any of the attackers and gonna go buy a striker this summer, there are so many attackers that we could have and try to keep everyone happy and even more so if Tuchel intends to stick with the back 3. Then there is also the fact our attackers will need game time to develop, to improve and that's not going to happen if they are gonna be in and out of the side. Adding someone like Hazard would just complicate matters because he would just be taking a spot from Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, CHO, Mount or Ziyech. For all the faults of those players right now, they will contribute more than this current Hazard and especially in this team, this setup that Tuchel has going on with us. If we want to sign an attacker, we should focus on getting a striker only and then use the money to upgrade other areas in the team like the midfield and defence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jas said:

We criticize the club for buying shit players and now there's people just brushing it off like it's nothing.

Midfielder? If Hazard comes back, he would essentially be taking a space from Havertz, Werner or one of the attackers. How exactly does that inspire confidence? People need to realize that the current Hazard is not the Hazard that left the club 2 years ago. 

Hazard isn't a shit player by any means. Would have to differ on that 100%.

As for formations and who he would take the place of , a 4-5-1 could easily have space for him? Kante-kova-mount-ziyech-werner-havertz-puli-hazard 8 players could compete for 5 spots with a striker upfront. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The did it with Bale. Always depends on how desperate they are to get rid of him. If they view him as deadwood they might even subsidize some of his wages. But I also doubt we would go for him. No palyer is exempt from pressing under TT and I also don't think Eden would get away with his attitude in training now.

Yeah, Hazard would never make it in this team way too lazy. I mean even at his peak he had people complain about him due to his lack of off the ball work. Now that isn't as high, he would stand no chance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Rising Sun said:

Hazard isn't a shit player by any means. Would have to differ on that 100%.

The Hazard of two years ago? No.

The current one? Yes. 

It's nice to go down the nostalgic route with Hazard and bring him back but the quicker people realize this Hazard is NOT the same Hazard that left the club two years ago, the better!

3 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

As for formations and who he would take the place of , a 4-5-1 could easily have space for him? Kante-kova-mount-ziyech-werner-havertz-puli-hazard 8 players could compete for 5 spots with a striker upfront. 

But what if Tuchel sticks with the back 3 system?

I also don't even know why Kante and Kovacic are mentioned there when Hazard doesn't even play in midfield! If we stick with the back 3, he would be competing with 7 other players for 3 positions, which is totally overkilled!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The did it with Bale. Always depends on how desperate they are to get rid of him. If they view him as deadwood they might even subsidize some of his wages. But I also doubt we would go for him. No palyer is exempt from pressing under TT and I also don't think Eden would get away with his attitude in training now.

Since his situation was somewhat similar to Hazard's, it's worth remembering that it took like half a season for Bale to get back into some sort of decent shape back at Spurs and even when he did get back into shape, he only managed some goals here and there against terrible sides and ultimately got Spurs nowhere but the Europa Conference League. Heck, even Bale admitted that he joined Spurs only because he wanted to get his fitness back for the Euros. Wasn't bothered otherwise. And not to mention, Spurs wanted Bale last summer because they wanted a big name player, they wanted good PR but as mentioned, it got them nowhere in the end and probably got them a large medical bill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, Hazard would never make it in this team way too lazy. I mean even at his peak he had people complain about him due to his lack of off the ball work. Now that isn't as high, he would stand no chance. 

Exactly. Managers and others tolerated with his lack of workrate because of what he could produce in the final third but if he can't do that anymore, then what's the point of having Hazard? What does he have to fall back onto?

Also, haven't people been saying a reliable goalscorer is all that we are missing? Why are people wanting to bring back Hazard and Hazard is this current state no less? It's worth noting or remembering that ever since we last had a goalscoring striker aka Costa, having just Hazard got us nowhere. Sure, we won the FA Cup in 2017 and Europa League in 2018 but we fell way off the pace in the league and were rubbish in the Champions League. Whatever happens in the final tomorrow, Tuchel has got us in a good place right now. We should be looking to fix some obvious problems in the squad and not buy players because of nostalgia or nonsensical reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he not only scored like 5 goals in 2 seasons? We lack goals as it is with Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Mount etc not putting over 10+ so why get someone whos scored 5 in 2 seasons? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Won CL in 2012 and 2021. Hazard and Willian spent 7 years each here in between. Coincidence we never did it with them? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Won CL in 2012 and 2021. Hazard and Willian spent 7 years each here in between. Coincidence we never did it with them? 

With Willian what you expect, if Hazard actually had players around him instead of that Brazilian he would've won it as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Won CL in 2012 and 2021. Hazard and Willian spent 7 years each here in between. Coincidence we never did it with them? 

No, it wasn’t. Eden calls himself laidback, and it is known he is even more so in training. That’s not what gets you silverware. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

No, it wasn’t. Eden calls himself laidback, and it is known he is even more so in training. That’s not what gets you silverware. 

It's not just that. We are now also a much more well rounded side as opposed to one who is solely reliant on one player like Hazard.

On top of that, we played under managers who were/are seemingly out of touch when it comes to competing in Europe. Mourinho's approach was largely just parking the bus and hope an individual did something to win the game while Conte's tactical inflexibility has led to him having a poor record in the Champions League.

That being said, Tuchel has made us play in a way that is not too different from what we used to or are seeing see under Mourinho or Conte but he's able to marry this pragmatic approach with more modern tactical tweaks and adjustments. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jas said:

It's not just that. We are now also a much more well rounded side as opposed to one who is solely reliant on one player like Hazard.

On top of that, we played under managers who were/are seemingly out of touch when it comes to competing in Europe. Mourinho's approach was largely just parking the bus and hope an individual did something to win the game while Conte's tactical inflexibility has led to him having a poor record in the Champions League.

That being said, Tuchel has made us play in a way that is not too different from what we used to or are seeing see under Mourinho or Conte but he's able to marry this pragmatic approach with more modern tactical tweaks and adjustments. 

sure, but my point was that had Eden been more disciplined and focused, there wouldn't be a reason for him not to fit in any strategy or approach. He'd also be a much better players as result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, robsblubot said:

sure, but my point was that had Eden been more disciplined and focused, there wouldn't be a reason for him not to fit in any strategy or approach. He'd also be a much better players as result.

I know but our approach also made a difference. Under Mourinho, Conte and Sarri, it was basically about relying on one player in Hazard. Not the case with this team we have now and it's for the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...