Eden Hazard

the wes

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Don't think I have said anywhere that Hazard has looked interested this season. I acknowledged as much that he has been poor in the campaign so far.

Just because he looks disinterested, it doesn't mean he's actually disinterested. There could well be a reason (or more) as to why he has been performing the way he has, just like there's reasons why the entire team has tailed off so badly in 6 months (how come the other players don't get questioned as much as Hazard?). Knowing the kind of player Hazard is, can be and what he has done for us, I'm not going to write him off just yet, not after one bad campaign. But if you want to do that, then be my guest.

I'm about the badge, players will come and go and only the badge endures... If you agree that his body language all season long has been poor then there is great reason to speculate both positively and negatively for his sudden drop. You choose to remember when he looked interested and lively, I choose to focus on what he looks like now. In my opinion he doesn't fight for the shirt anymore you look at Willian, Azpi and Zouma for instance and you see them fighting for the club. I don't get the sense that Hazard even wants to be a Chelsea player anymore and if he does he needs to at least perform to 30% of his potential! Yes you are right some people haven't played well also, but to say Hazard is the only one to receive criticism is well off base! Costa, Cahill, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Oscar, Matic and Falcao have all received the same sort of criticism Hazard has. The difference is Hazard is supposed to be our talisman, the guy you can bank on making a difference in the game, the guy who can singlehandedly decide the match... He's looked nothing close to that and I refuse to hold onto memories of yesteryear when we're pretty much in a relegation battle and he looks like he couldn't care less.

Its all fine and good you lot who don't want to upset the apple cart because he is immensely talented and all that but for me I love the players who give their all for the badge regardless of their skill level. Hazard has only on a couple of occasions this season looked lively and he's our highest paid player. In my opinion if you're highest paid player isn't also your hardest working you have problems because it has a knock on affect in the locker room. 

In truth shape up or ship out.... We were successful long before Hazard and will be long after he is gone! PLAYERS WHO FIGHT FOR THE BADGE ONLY!

7 hours ago, Ossie the King said:

We're allowed to question his professionalism though aren't we? It's inevitable if you turn up for the start of season looking a bit podgy isn't it?

Of course we are, but then again after how much Hazard has run around for us, dribbling everywhere and being taken down, I just think it won't be long before he just clicks again.

Although I didn't know he had come here unfit :/

If you look at his game vs sunderland in 13-14..he was very fit and his body was in prime condition...This season he does not look like that anymore.... not to mention accumulation of matches and lots of kicking by his opponents has taken a toll on him..he needs a break..i think this 2 weeks rest will do good for him..hopefully he will be back !

5 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm about the badge, players will come and go and only the badge endures... If you agree that his body language all season long has been poor then there is great reason to speculate both positively and negatively for his sudden drop. You choose to remember when he looked interested and lively, I choose to focus on what he looks like now. In my opinion he doesn't fight for the shirt anymore you look at Willian, Azpi and Zouma for instance and you see them fighting for the club. I don't get the sense that Hazard even wants to be a Chelsea player anymore and if he does he needs to at least perform to 30% of his potential! Yes you are right some people haven't played well also, but to say Hazard is the only one to receive criticism is well off base! Costa, Cahill, Ivanovic, Fabregas, Oscar, Matic and Falcao have all received the same sort of criticism Hazard has. The difference is Hazard is supposed to be our talisman, the guy you can bank on making a difference in the game, the guy who can singlehandedly decide the match... He's looked nothing close to that and I refuse to hold onto memories of yesteryear when we're pretty much in a relegation battle and he looks like he couldn't care less.

Its all fine and good you lot who don't want to upset the apple cart because he is immensely talented and all that but for me I love the players who give their all for the badge regardless of their skill level. Hazard has only on a couple of occasions this season looked lively and he's our highest paid player. In my opinion if you're highest paid player isn't also your hardest working you have problems because it has a knock on affect in the locker room. 

In truth shape up or ship out.... We were successful long before Hazard and will be long after he is gone! PLAYERS WHO FIGHT FOR THE BADGE ONLY!

You are not entirely wrong but if you're going with that, then we practically need to throw the entire squad out because most have looked disinterested and they couldn't be bothered this season. Mind you, many wanted Drogba out pre-2010 but we stuck with him and look what happened after that.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

You are not entirely wrong but if you're going with that, then we practically need to throw the entire squad out because most have looked disinterested and they couldn't be bothered this season. Mind you, many wanted Drogba out pre-2010 but we stuck with him and look what happened after that.

Again, the difference is Hazard is supposed to be our Talisman I hold him to a higher standard. Oscar has been hit and miss his entire career, Fab just looks lazy... Hazard is our highest paid player we can't afford to have a passenger earning 200k a week

11 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Again, the difference is Hazard is supposed to be our Talisman I hold him to a higher standard. Oscar has been hit and miss his entire career, Fab just looks lazy... Hazard is our highest paid player we can't afford to have a passenger earning 200k a week

So, you're basically saying that if we have a bunch of shit players, it's OK for them to look disinterested? Why should there be a difference in standards or expectations when they are all players playing for a big club like Chelsea? Going with what you said previously, they should be giving their all and fight for the badge week in week out, talisman or not. And if they suddenly suffer a drop in form, I would try to see/analyze what's the reason rather than just immediately write them off and use reasons like wages etc.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

So, you're basically saying that if we have a bunch of shit players, it's OK for them to look disinterested? Why should there be a difference in standards or expectations when they are all players playing for a big club like Chelsea? Going with what you said previously, they should be giving their all and fight for the badge week in week out, talisman or not. And if they suddenly suffer a drop in form, I would try to see/analyze what's the reason rather than just immediately write them off and use reasons like wages etc.

Huh? Are best and highest paid players have to be our hardest working! It has a negative affect on the dressing room when your best players don't set the standard.

28 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Wouldn't you say Didier was one of our talismen back then as wel though?