Eden Hazard

the wes

7 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Reports are Zidane will soon take over as Real manager. Since he's been creaming over Hazard since 2008 or so, you can bet your ass he'll try to make a move. 

Premature.

He definitely won't be going anywhere until July at least - No way we sell in January. I also don't believe Zidane will be taking over in long-term capacity by any means, he's only been coaching for 2-years and with the pressure and expectations of Real he'd be smart to reject anything beyond 6 months. Rumour suggest Mourinho will be contacted soon enough too.

So I take it it's agreed over here that Jose accused Hazard of faking injury? I saw the post-match interview and didn't see it like that, didn't see any reason for Jose to go on a sarcastic rant over him so I didn't try to hear the opposite of what he was actually saying. Anyway, I don't think Jose accused him of anything and I don't think he's faking either.

EDIT: Or do you guys mean the infamous season opener Eva incidident? Because yes, there Jose implied he was faking, but not in an accusing way.

If he is going to go it would be nice if he could do something to increase his value rather than decrease it.

Also, his hypothetical departure may well be the first time under Roman's custodianship that we actually sell a player we'd rather keep. That would be a very telling sign of where we are right now were it to happen.

On 1/4/2016 at 7:12 PM, Jason said:

Find it quite sad that some people are turning their backs so easily on Hazard, the player who won the Player of the Year accolades last season and the one who led us to the title when everyone else had ran out of steam last year, after one bad half of a season. Granted, he has been poor but I don't think he deserves his professionalism to be questioned at all (it only really picked up steam after Mourinho threw him under the bus at Leicester). If some can show a lot of patience with Mourinho, who was in his worst moment and after all the wrong things he's done, then why can't people do the same with Hazard? (heck, even Torres got far more patience despite doing next to nothing!) We are not talking about an average player here. We are talking about a special talent who has played his part in helping us win things in recent years and who will become of the best in years to come. He deserves better support than what he has been shown so far, particularly in his toughest moment of his career.

Whatever... His body language says something completely different. Last year you could see him putting in the necessary effort in to make a difference, this season he looks like he can't be bothered. 

If you can tell me when you watch the games that he looks like he wants to die for the badge then I'll just chalk it up to seeing something different to me, but in your heart, when you watch him play what does it tell you? 

He looks like he doesn't give two shits.

17 minutes ago, TheYESDragon said:

I'd find it quite hard to look like I give a shit if each time I dribble around a player, I'll get the shit kicked out of me with maybe a foul given if he's lucky and the fans now questioning his professionalism.

Instead of giving up on his main trademark of dribbling, What hazard needs to do is learn how to dive like Ronaldo or Neymar or messi. These players are kicked just as much but know how to fall and win the foul. 

This season has proven what I said earlier last season right. That Hazard needs to add other aspects to his gameplay because without his dangerous dribbling he basically adds nothing  to a high level. He can't put people through on goal like fabregas or KdB can, he can't send passes to pedro making runs when on the dribble like messi and mahrez can, he can't shoot from outside the box while driving in like robben and Bale. So this season, once his dribbling isn't working he's looked ordinary because of it.

Hopefully he adds something else world-class to his game that isn't just dribbling. 

24 minutes ago, TheYESDragon said:

I'd find it quite hard to look like I give a shit if each time I dribble around a player, I'll get the shit kicked out of me with maybe a foul given if he's lucky and the fans now questioning his professionalism.

We're allowed to question his professionalism though aren't we? It's inevitable if you turn up for the start of season looking a bit podgy isn't it?

Will be eternally pitful that we didn't paired Hazard with another WC attacking midfielder.

Ifs and buts now but we had great opportunity to do that in 2013 when Isco and James were moving clubs. But instead Chelsea spend 60m€ on Schurrle and Willian. Then we cut any imagination in our players by selling KdB and Mata in the next window. Hazard was supplied by players like Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah, Cuadrado. Can't forgive that.

I never got an idea that our squad is ok last season in following scheme : Fabregas to playmake and assist, Hazard to dribble and giving the edge and Diego Costa to score goals. And the rest of squad to give balance. What a sick, short term setting. I said this countless of times that it has short termism written all over it. Meh.

So it is missed opportunity to build something great with Hazard. Can imagine him going in the summer now. He is our out of jail card, someone who will hold Chelsea fall for mediocrity. I have security with him that Chelsea won't drown down for more than a season. But I imagine that now when Chelsea will try to replace him by a couple of "good" players. If Hazard leaves that should be mandatory that we receive someone like Reus, Isco, James, Bale in exchange plus some money. Probably only ends with money to buy 3 Schurrles.

For his inconsistency at the moment, Hazard owes more to Chelsea than the opposite really, along with all his team-mates, this generation will always owe a lot to the fans for what they have done in the last 6 months. 

It's not what you say, but you make it sound so, he holds os from a fall of mediocrity ? Oh please, we have been long successful without him and will be as ever when he leaves, and if he had been in the bracket of players you're implying he is in, we would be as successful with him in the team. 

We put in our best performance of the season without him this weekend eh, it's the old system that made us rely that much on him, with more freedom to Cesc, Willian and Pedro now, we are way less predictable. 

11 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Whatever... His body language says something completely different. Last year you could see him putting in the necessary effort in to make a difference, this season he looks like he can't be bothered. 

If you can tell me when you watch the games that he looks like he wants to die for the badge then I'll just chalk it up to seeing something different to me, but in your heart, when you watch him play what does it tell you? 

He looks like he doesn't give two shits.

Don't think I have said anywhere that Hazard has looked interested this season. I acknowledged as much that he has been poor in the campaign so far.

Just because he looks disinterested, it doesn't mean he's actually disinterested. There could well be a reason (or more) as to why he has been performing the way he has, just like there's reasons why the entire team has tailed off so badly in 6 months (how come the other players don't get questioned as much as Hazard?). Knowing the kind of player Hazard is, can be and what he has done for us, I'm not going to write him off just yet, not after one bad campaign. But if you want to do that, then be my guest.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Knowing the kind of player Hazard is, can be and what he has done for us, I'm not going to write him off just yet, not after one bad campaign. But if you want to do that, then be my guest.

He didn't say that. The people on here seem to compose their posts quite carefully so there's really no need to put words in that aren't there.

I'll probably regret saying this but, a year ago i was worried about losing Hazard but now if we get the right money i'm not so bothered. Last season he was amazing for us, but tbh he was one of the worst PFA winners ever statwise. I thought he'll be at a higher stage now, look at Neymar, Suarez etc both ripping it up scoring and assisting. Eden dribbles well (although this season we havent seen that at all), but he needs to be scoring more, he has the ability to do that. No Chelsea fan can lie, when they watched him against West Ham (12-13) and Sunderland (13/14) we all thought he can be the best in the world, but he hasn't really kicked on. In both them games he didn't just complete a few dribbles and make one assist, no. He scores, assists, dominates and controls the game for the WHOLE 90 minutes. In a few days he'll be 25 and is he so much better than the player we signed in 2012? i'm not so sure. 

Ok you are posting a videos where Hazard dominates but look carefull with what ppl he plays forward and what atacks we do - with 1 touch and etc ( beautifull for the eye). 

Now compare that with the situation we were this year and last 6 months and ppl with who Hazard needed to cooperate forward. 

Just not to mention time of Mazacar - where those 3 ppl were doing briliant things.