Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard can be given special attention, but it can only go so far if he's willing to work at it. It seems like his current attitude toward the game is that he's a great player that cares about the game, but not enough to stick around and work to get better. He'd rather go home and spend time with his family than stay at training and work to get better.

Time will tell if he has a change in attitude. The last couple of games since his benching have shown signs of progression back to what we saw of Hazard last year, but he still has a ways to go.

That is my impression as well. It will limit him as a player.

However, this season was a team/club issue and not hazard only. I just hope the club knows what went wrong and are addressing it even if the real reasons never come out.

Hazard can be a fantastic player when fit, but Neymar is better in almost every aspect of the game, imo.

Aside from scoring, neymar technique is superior esp first touch as he often controls the football from a long ball in pace without missing a beat.

This is very rare and only seen the likes of Romario and fat Ronaldo do it consistently (aside from messi). Even slim Ronaldo doesn't do that very often.

Hazard on the other hand takes a little longer to control and turn - many a times he comes to a complete stop.

Some will say it's style but I'd disagree. Speed of execution is key especially in Moderns game.

You mean like this? I've never seen him struggle with those kind of balls or miss a beat like you put it.

I disagree with the part on Neymar's first touch. I've seen the ball escape from him quite a few times. I don't think of him when I think of players with an extraordinary touch and ball control. But he is getting better and better.

Cristiano's Ronaldo touch is pretty much flawless. This was only recently against Sevilla:

See 00:41. He does that all the time really.

You mean like this? I've never seen him struggle with those kind of balls or miss a beat like you put it.

I disagree with the part on Neymar's first touch. I've seen the ball escape from him quite a few times. I don't think of him when I think of players with an extraordinary touch and ball control. But he is getting better and better.

Cristiano's Ronaldo touch is pretty much flawless. This was only recently against Sevilla:

See 00:41. He does that all the time really.

Agree to disagree on both counts ... I said consistently. All players from time to time mishandle the football, just some less than others.

Hazard score few goals for a guy whose first touch is as good as you claim it is. His numbers just don't add up with it is said of him around here.

I get to watch Ronaldo in Derby or finals and not impressed by his technique - first touch included. He's quite effective because of his atlethicism and his good (not great ) technique combined.

Agree to disagree on both counts ... I said consistently. All players from time to time mishandle the football, just some less than others.

Hazard score few goals for a guy whose first touch is as good as you claim it is. His numbers just don't add up with it is said of him around here.

I get to watch Ronaldo in Derby or finals and not impressed by his technique - first touch included. He's quite effective because of his atlethicism and his good (not great ) technique combined.

Having an amazing first touch really doesn't correlate to goal scoring.

Having an amazing first touch really doesn't correlate to goal scoring.

It correlates to everything including scoring... It doesn't determine but def correlates.

The first touch can be the first dribble, to avoid the tackle and get you open to score. Romario was all about his first touch which was also often his final touch when he applied the finish.

First touch at the very least gives you more time to think and act. Esp today when you have so little time on the ball especially up front. See? Forarders have even less time on the ball - tight spaces - which makes the first touch even more important.

@DYC, just watched ronaldo first touch from that long ball in the beginning of the game (on bein sports) and don't get me wrong it was good, but he needed a second one to adjust for the shot. Had the first touch been enough and he might have taken the shot at the time of the second touch - which might've made the difference.

That goes without saying. But again, Neymar and someone like Messi aren't in the same bracket imo.

I don't know how good I claim his touch to be but Hazard is the furthest thing from trigger happy. He's not a goal-scorer. He'll never pass up the opportunity to find someone in a 'better position to score'. We've seen him go to great lengths to achieve that, he's almost as bad as Ozil in this. And his shooting technique is nothing to write home about. That hurts him more. Neymar's first goal against Villarreal was beautiful strike imo but he made it look easy.

Fair enough. On that touch in the vid, I agree. I only brought up that moment because it was fresh in my memory. He usually does do better than he did there but he does lack that true genius when making snapshot decisions (in everything he does really) and that's what's holds him back from being a bigger legend besides the goal-scoring. There's a difference in possessing skill and how you use that skill. For me anyway.

What a comparison btw. Bringing up Romario. That's like saying a sprinter that came 0.10 sec behind Bolt isn't quite fast, good but not great. Might as well bring Maradona into the mix.

I do like what you said about the first touch. You don't hear the importance of it brought up enough. It truly is the key to everything.

Zidane praises Hazard part 376:

"The best player in the world, bar the monsters Messi and Ronaldo? Then I remain a fan of Hazard. Of all the Red Devils, he is the one that gives me the most pleasure when I see Belgium play. He has a form dip? Well, he has six months to recover his best level. It's not worrying, it is part of a career. He should just accept that it's not going so well at the moment. But I'm not worried about Eden. He will be ready for Euro 2016. Whether I'd like him to see him at Real Madrid? That's a question you should ask other people. I adore him, period ."

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20151112_01967304

(Article's in Dutch)

Brilliant game by Hazard. Can't tell who is the most talented: Hazard, De Bruyne or Carrasco? Sick to have 3 players of that order in one national team :yay:

He was rather poor, slows down too many attacks. Regaining form but still hesitant to take people on. KDB equally poor for his standards, even though he gets a goal and assist. Carrasco was brilliant, continuing his Atleti form.